ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization after ILR via HSMP -JR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolwater267

Naturalization after ILR via HSMP -JR

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi,
I recently got ILR on HSMP-JR basis. I have few questions regarding Naturalization.

1. I know I have to take Life in UK test but what about Knowledge of Language (KOL) test. Do I need to take that.

2. My wife came to UK in April 2009 as my dependent. She applied ILR with me and she got it. Now for Naturalization can she apply with me? Or She has to stay here for 3 or 5 yrs.

Thanks in advance

Coolwater

chzishan

Post by chzishan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 pm

The time line of your wife is 3 Year

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 am

Your spouse may apply for naturalisation through either of the following routes:
Route 1 - Complete 5 years in the UK and upon fulfilling standard requirements apply for naturalisation.
Route 2 - After you are granted British citizenship (naturalisation certificate), your spouse may then apply for naturalisation as spouse of British citizen as and when requirements for spouse /civil partners are met.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 pm

your wife cannot apply now, the applicant must have completed 3 years lawul residence if married to a British Citizen or 5 years if not married to a citizen. The earliest you wife can apply is April 2012, provided you are granted British citizenship by then.
'In everything give thanks'