ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Umbrella company payments

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oskhan
Newly Registered

Umbrella company payments

Post by oskhan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:01 am

Hi Team,
I am applying for my HSMP extension and I got in person appointment in the month of Feb. 2010. I am 26 now

which means I score 20 points for it, I have bachelors degree which will add another 30 points

I work for NHS now, I have been in permanent job since Oct 2009.

Before that I was working for NHS, but as a contractor and Umbrella company was my payroll.

And they paid me weekly, if I see my gross it would be lie between 35-40k

Their payslips were online

So I took the print out and made them sign and stamp it.

When I apply for extension, I would have 3 NHS payslips.which I recived after being permanant.

I was paid weekly when I was working as a contractor

They send me a letter of earnings, which has got a tabular column, mentioning my gross and net, with week it was paid for and pay date. and also includes my national insurance number.

My salary is made of my allowances, which is fixed for every week that is included in my gross

They have allowances allotted for car mileage and accommodation

So what is the gross? I need to take? Complete gross or minus allowance

I am really tensed on this point and wanted to know if I can only submit earnings letter and bank statement showing the salary drawn or do I have to include pay slips.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am

Tier 1 Policy Guidance wrote:121. Earnings may include, among other things:
• salaries (includes full-time, part-time, and bonuses);
• earnings from self-employment;
• earnings from business activities;
• statutory maternity pay and contractual
• maternity pay;
• allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of an applicant’s remuneration package;
• dividends paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or where the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
• income from property rental, where this forms part of the applicant’s business; and
• payment in lieu of notice (a payment made instead of requiring an employee to work the normal period of notice when leaving a job).

122. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:
• expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;• dividends, unless paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
• income from property rental, unless this forms part of the applicant’s business;
• interest on savings and investments;
• funds that were inheritedpaid to the applicant as a pension;
• expenses where the payment reimburses the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
• redundancy payment;
• sponsorship for periods of study;
• state benefits; or
• prize money or competition winnings, other than where they are directly related to the applicant’s main profession or occupation.

Allowances
123. We will only include allowances (such as those for accommodation or schooling for an applicant’s children) in the assessment of an applicant’s previous earnings if they are part of an applicant’s remuneration package and are not paid to reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent.

124. We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.
regards

ash321

Umbrella company paid salary

Post by ash321 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Don't worry u will get refusal. because I got it yestreday mentioning will be count only your taxable earnings. I you got success let me knwo because it can help me to do appeal. :D

serggry

You should rely on "taxable gross to year"

Post by serggry » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:35 am

I think they will except everything you have under "taxable gross to year". Nothing to do with gross or net payment.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Umbrella company payments

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:04 am

oskhan wrote:Hi Team,
I am applying for my HSMP extension and I got in person appointment in the month of Feb. 2010. I am 26 now

which means I score 20 points for it, I have bachelors degree which will add another 30 points

I work for NHS now, I have been in permanent job since Oct 2009.

Before that I was working for NHS, but as a contractor and Umbrella company was my payroll.

And they paid me weekly, if I see my gross it would be lie between 35-40k

Their payslips were online

So I took the print out and made them sign and stamp it.

When I apply for extension, I would have 3 NHS payslips.which I recived after being permanant.

I was paid weekly when I was working as a contractor

They send me a letter of earnings, which has got a tabular column, mentioning my gross and net, with week it was paid for and pay date. and also includes my national insurance number.

My salary is made of my allowances, which is fixed for every week that is included in my gross

They have allowances allotted for car mileage and accommodation

So what is the gross? I need to take? Complete gross or minus allowance

I am really tensed on this point and wanted to know if I can only submit earnings letter and bank statement showing the salary drawn or do I have to include pay slips.

you can show all earning as self empoyed and tax paid if any get refund

so save hassel from rejection or mental tension