ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will the NEW POINTS TEST FOR CITIZENSHIP affect the eea

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashrafman

will the NEW POINTS TEST FOR CITIZENSHIP affect the eea

Post by ashrafman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 am

Hi there
firstly, Thank you for this Usifull Forum.

I am from Russia and My Wife is an EEA member from Poland

I got a 5 years residant Stamp in My Passport will finish in April 2012

what wiil Happen to Me with the new Point Sytem that will Start from June 2011, will they Give me a Permnant Stay or they will give me Another 5 Years.

when I can Apply for a British Citizen?

Please some one Explain to me because I am Confused.

Thanks

newperson

Post by newperson » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:36 am

Your ability to apply for permanent residence under EU/EEA laws will not change. You may still become a permanent resident under the current laws. The new point-system changes refer specifically to UK law, not EU/EEA paths.

You could remain a permanent resident under EU/EEA law as long as you want. It won't cost you anything, and once you get it, you've got it as long as you want it, provided you don't move out of the country for an extended period of time.

However, if you want to naturalise as British, that will be under UK law. You will be subject to the earned citizenship provisions that will come into effect in Summer 2011. Having got your permanent residence through your Polish wife won't stop you from those new rules.

The soonest that you can apply for citizenship (if you do community service), will be April 2013.

ashrafman

thank you new person for the Reply.

Post by ashrafman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:25 pm

thank you new person for the Reply.

what does it mean the Community Service?

what about if I didn't do any Community Service ? will it Delay the Citizenship?

Please I need some one to Explain to Me.

Thanks

ashrafman

Post by ashrafman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Please could some one explain to us the new System for EEA Member and Their Family who will apply for a permnant and Citizenship after July 2011.

Thanks