ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at PEO Crodon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cisadi

ILR Success at PEO Crodon

Post by Cisadi » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:10 pm

Finally, I have an end to my miserable last few weeks i.e. I have been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Phew !!!

Parking at Corydon is not a problem just in case if someone wants to know as I did a few days ago. You can drive there without worrying about the parking space just make sure that you are with your navigator and have the post codes handy.

I walked in to he home office at 10:15 A.M. for an appointment at 11:15 A.M. and in fact I thought it would have been easier if I would have entered the building by around: 9:45 A.M. because the process of security checks and initial document check and the payment takes a lot of time there probably because Corydon is the busiest PEO.

So yeah entry in the building 10:15 A.M. called for initial doc check at around 10:30 A.M. and the process took around 30 minutes (longer then it should have, the happy and chirpy case worker was very slow in checking things and kept talking to colleagues for 15 mins. out of the total 30 minutes it took. :D )

Anyway so once that’s done the caseworker gave me a token number and asked us (me, my wife and one little angelic boy) to go upstairs at the first floor to pay the fees.

Predictably there was a very long queue and the payment process took another at least 30 minutes and at 11:30 A.M. we went to the waiting room and to my surprise we were called in by the second caseworker in within 10 minutes.

Okay so the process,

“Simpleâ€
Last edited by Cisadi on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:12 pm

Congrats for getting ILR.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:57 pm

congrats :D . I know the feeling hey. i am sure your feedback will be useful to others

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:30 pm

well done! i can't wait to get over with this! hate waiting! :evil:

do they allow people out while they are waiting for those 1hr45min or so untill officer call your name? or you're stuck in one room for the whole time. just wonder if i have to bring book with me or can go out for a coffee break....

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:50 pm

I'm going on Thursday... can't wait... I'm so paranoid, I will probably bring my entire set of documents/papers/bills for the past 4 years just in case they will want my 4 year old tenancy agreement or something :lol:

I wish I could go to sleep tonight and wake up on Thursday morning...

As for the waiting inside -> I will take some TV shows to watch on my phone. I think Lost returns tomorrow - might be a good (but hopefully not prophetic) thing to watch in there!

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:18 pm

wunder wrote:I'm going on Thursday... can't wait... I'm so paranoid, I will probably bring my entire set of documents/papers/bills for the past 4 years just in case they will want my 4 year old tenancy agreement or something :lol:

I wish I could go to sleep tonight and wake up on Thursday morning...

As for the waiting inside -> I will take some TV shows to watch on my phone. I think Lost returns tomorrow - might be a good (but hopefully not prophetic) thing to watch in there!
just to cheer you up. some PEO's actually require you to switch off your mobiles and any electrical devices whilst in the building. so good luck there

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Boooooo!

I wonder whether I will be able to get away with just turning the phone off and leaving the rest working :wink:

Or take a book with me (in addition to 20 pounds of documents I will be carrying already :wink: ).

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:56 pm

wunder wrote: Or take a book with me (in addition to 20 pounds of documents I will be carrying already :wink: ).
yeah, exactly. as if I need more things to carry and think of...
still working on "Lost Symbol" so i'll be ok for a good 4-5 hours if needed :lol:

i just read somewhere that they do let people out (i think in Liverpool??) but you have to quque back into the buiding with the rest of the guys outside or somethink like that.
i'm pretty sure Croydon won't let anyone out :P

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:01 pm

kamalin10 wrote:i'm pretty sure Croydon won't let anyone out :P
Not even with ILRs :twisted:

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:49 pm

wunder wrote:
kamalin10 wrote:i'm pretty sure Croydon won't let anyone out :P
Not even with ILRs :twisted:
HAW-HAW!!! :P (in voice of that big bully-kid in Simpsons :) )

now, guys, i've asked on the diffeent topic but noone seems to reply...
who is the letter from company should be addressed to? Croydon office?

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:49 pm

kamalin10 wrote:
wunder wrote: Or take a book with me (in addition to 20 pounds of documents I will be carrying already :wink: ).
yeah, exactly. as if I need more things to carry and think of...
still working on "Lost Symbol" so i'll be ok for a good 4-5 hours if needed :lol:

i just read somewhere that they do let people out (i think in Liverpool??) but you have to quque back into the buiding with the rest of the guys outside or somethink like that.
i'm pretty sure Croydon won't let anyone out :P
no actually they do let people out, in fact they even advise you about places you can go to e.g. there's probably some mall with eating joints etc. I went there last year for my baby's visa and the caseworker said to us that we can go out and come back in an hrs time...so good luck there people :)

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:54 pm

kamalin10 wrote:who is the letter from company should be addressed to? Croydon office?
Mine is addressed "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN". I wanna use it to open additional bank account soon, so got a generic letter.
vinseh wrote:no actually they do let people out, in fact they even advise you about places you can go to e.g. there's probably some mall with eating joints etc. I went there last year for my baby's visa and the caseworker said to us that we can go out and come back in an hrs time...so good luck there people :)
Hallelujah!

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

vinseh

that's good :) i used to live 5 miles from Croydon, now a bit ferther, but we're still shopping there time to time.

lots of coffee shops and generally good shopping and you can leave all it in your car when heading back to the HO center.

i hope they don't really mind when people turn up a bit later than asked ;)

wunder

thanks, i think i'll ask my HR to prepare two letters one for CroydonPEO, another generic.

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 am

kamalin10 wrote:well done! i can't wait to get over with this! hate waiting! :evil:

do they allow people out while they are waiting for those 1hr45min or so untill officer call your name? or you're stuck in one room for the whole time. just wonder if i have to bring book with me or can go out for a coffee break....
Sorry, I have been on a holidays for last few days and now back :-)

Yes they allow people to go out, but my psychological state didn't let me go out. I wasn't even eating anything on that day :-D

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:56 am

wunder wrote:Boooooo!

I wonder whether I will be able to get away with just turning the phone off and leaving the rest working :wink:

Or take a book with me (in addition to 20 pounds of documents I will be carrying already :wink: ).
I have a copy of ''War and Peace'' if you want to borrow it.
Should keep you busy

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:12 pm

mochyn wrote:I have a copy of ''War and Peace'' if you want to borrow it.
Should keep you busy
I have it already. In Russian :wink:

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Cisadi wrote:

Yes they allow people to go out, but my psychological state didn't let me go out. I wasn't even eating anything on that day :-D
hope you've had a good break!

i understand your state of mind plus there's always hope that they might, just might! call your name earlier than promissed :)

i'm not sure how well i'll take it on the day but surely will want a fag and a coffee :lol:

btw - some people suggest smart-casual dress code for appointments. what do you think? how were applicants dressed?

i'd rathe go in my pj's...it's not a Tesco after all! well, ok....at least jeans.... :roll:

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:33 pm

kamalin10 wrote:
Cisadi wrote:

hope you've had a good break!

i understand your state of mind plus there's always hope that they might, just might! call your name earlier than promissed :)

i'm not sure how well i'll take it on the day but surely will want a fag and a coffee :lol:

btw - some people suggest smart-casual dress code for appointments. what do you think? how were applicants dressed?

i'd rathe go in my pj's...it's not a Tesco after all! well, ok....at least jeans.... :roll:
:lol: Anything other then PJ is fine. :lol: No body was wearing Armani so don't worry, smart casual is good and comfortable too (at least for me :-) )

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Cisadi wrote:No body was wearing Armani so don't worry, smart casual is good and comfortable too (at least for me :-) )
Blimey, I was hoping to wear T-shirt and trainers... :cry:

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 pm

wunder wrote:
Cisadi wrote:No body was wearing Armani so don't worry, smart casual is good and comfortable too (at least for me :-) )
Blimey, I was hoping to wear T-shirt and trainers... :cry:
:-) no body will kick you out if you wear T-shirt and trainers but "I think" smart appearance would have a positive influence especially if the case worker is a female :)

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:18 pm

With my geeky nature all clothes look bad :lol:
I certainly won't wear trainers, but no way in hell I'm going to wear tie and formal shirt in there - when I'm nervous I always feel they are suffocating me :)

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:49 pm

oh well, have to wear bloody office shoes :( on a hard day all i need is comfy pair of adiracers :roll:

Cisadi

the only thing that has "positive influence" on people these days is 6 digit number in your P60 :lol:

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:15 am

"The only thing that has "positive influence" on people these days is 6 digit number in your P60 "

Can't deny this :lol:

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:56 am

isn't it a Big Day for wunder? 8)

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 am

I thought it was Thursday wasn't it ?