ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at PEO Crodon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:22 am

ops! though it was Thursday today!!!! :oops:

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:43 am

Unfortunately it is only tomorrow... I cannot wait, and cannot think about anything else. ARGH! :?

P.S. And looks like there will be a tube strike tonight and tomorrow morning on the Jubilee line (which is my line!). More bother.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:12 am

i have 4 weeks of this paranoia ahead of me :twisted:

bare in mind that you can use either East of West Croydon stations. I think West one is closer but, surely, East is better connected.
If you worried about the tube maybe try catch a bus to Victoria or LB? Just leave 2 hrs early :D

I’ll be driving to the PEO planning to leave home at 7, get to parking at 8 and appointment is at 9am.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:37 am

one thing i wanted to ask regarding KOL test.
i don't need it for ILR (HSMP JR) but i was thinking of passing it now just to kill waiting time. will the certificate be valid for naturalisation next year?

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:54 am

kamalin10 wrote:i have 4 weeks of this paranoia ahead of me :twisted:
I've been paranoid since X-mas. I win :oops:
kamalin10 wrote:bare in mind that you can use either East of West Croydon stations. I think West one is closer but, surely, East is better connected.
If you worried about the tube maybe try catch a bus to Victoria or LB? Just leave 2 hrs early :D
Ha, I can walk to Victoria station in one hour :lol:
I'm going to East Croydon - it should be faster.
kamalin10 wrote:I’ll be driving to the PEO planning to leave home at 7, get to parking at 8 and appointment is at 9am.
I plan to arrive 1 hour before appointment time.
kamalin10 wrote:one thing i wanted to ask regarding KOL test.
i don't need it for ILR (HSMP JR) but i was thinking of passing it now just to kill waiting time. will the certificate be valid for naturalisation next year?
I don't think it expires.
I was thinking to do it myself, but I'm not sure whether I can even apply for naturalisation... I have trouble finding second referee (the professional one) - I moved a lot in the past, so I did not have same GP. And I have no idea who else can act as a referee of professional standing...

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:25 pm

HO asks not to pass KOL too early :) if one has to pass it for ILR do they expect them to pass it again for naturalization? Don’t think so…

I’ve been with the same GP for over 3 years but I’ve only met him once and only to have an argument of stupid treatment I got from him so I don’t’ think he’ll be happy to sign anything for me :D
For second referee I’m planning to use either my corporate manager or head of HR. lots of people on top positions are usually members of one prof.org or another. The only problem is finding one that a) agrees to sign it for you b) actually know you personally for 3 years!

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:32 pm

kamalin10 wrote:HO asks not to pass KOL too early :) if one has to pass it for ILR do they expect them to pass it again for naturalization? Don’t think so…

I’ve been with the same GP for over 3 years but I’ve only met him once and only to have an argument of stupid treatment I got from him so I don’t’ think he’ll be happy to sign anything for me :D
For second referee I’m planning to use either my corporate manager or head of HR. lots of people on top positions are usually members of one prof.org or another. The only problem is finding one that a) agrees to sign it for you b) actually know you personally for 3 years!
There is no expiry date on the LITUK is there ?

Is KOL different then this ?

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:41 pm

kamalin10 wrote:For second referee I’m planning to use either my corporate manager or head of HR. lots of people on top positions are usually members of one prof.org or another. The only problem is finding one that a) agrees to sign it for you b) actually know you personally for 3 years!
For me the problem would be actually working for 3 years in one place! :wink:

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:49 pm

sazia wrote:

it's the same thing - knowledge of life in the uk. sometimes called KOL sometimes LITUK

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:51 pm

wunder wrote:
For me the problem would be actually working for 3 years in one place! :wink:
no need to work in one place, just someone you know and who is memeber of any prof.org :)

now, oooooff you go to bed!!!!! D Dat tomorrow!!!!!!!!! let us know how it went! :lol:

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:31 am

kamalin10 wrote:
it's the same thing - knowledge of life in the uk. sometimes called KOL sometimes LITUK
and there is no limit to its validity, right ?

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:43 pm

read above posts

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 pm

kamalin10 wrote:read above posts
Thanks kamalin10, I suppose you are referring to the post below :
kamalin10 wrote: sazia wrote:

but it does not confirm that there is no timelimit to the validity of the LITUK pass certificate hence I repeated the question.

Thank you for your time

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:06 pm

look higher :D

you can only confirm it when you get a ceritficate AND when you use the "old" one in your application. then we'll all know...

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

kamalin10 wrote:look higher :D

you can only confirm it when you get a ceritficate AND when you use the "old" one in your application. then we'll all know...
Sorry for dragging this, but I am still puzzled :-(

OK, let me give you an example

I have passed LITUK and got the certificate a month ago, now after a year I want to apply for ILR/citizenship i.e. in Jan 2011, can I use the same certificate ?

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:06 pm

well :) check your certificate - it should mention something.

anyway, HO asks not to pass KOL test TOO early before your ILR aplication. they say that they will keep it for reasonable time but noone knows exactly what that means.

i personally do not believe that it can expire within at least 2 years.

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 am

Hope wunder would give us some feedback, I am expecting him to be over the moon by now :D

sazia
Newly Registered

Post by sazia » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:04 pm

I checked on the certificate but there is no expiry date so yey !! I think you can pass the exam a few months before the application :D

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Cisadi wrote:Hope wunder would give us some feedback, I am expecting him to be over the moon by now :D
I did that in separate topic :)
Indeed I'm happy!

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:55 pm

wunder wrote:
Cisadi wrote:Hope wunder would give us some feedback, I am expecting him to be over the moon by now :D
I did that in separate topic :)
Indeed I'm happy!
Congratulations !!!! :lol:

So you have smiles all over, Excellent !!!!

Best of Luck and will see you in the citizenship thread :D

blue.olive

Re: ILR Success at PEO Crodon

Post by blue.olive » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:12 am

Cong!!!!
[quote="Cisadi"]Finally, I have an end to my miserable last few weeks i.e. I have been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Phew !!!

Parking at Corydon is not a problem just in case if someone wants to know as I did a few days ago. You can drive there without worrying about the parking space just make sure that you are with your navigator and have the post codes handy.

I walked in to he home office at 10:15 A.M. for an appointment at 11:15 A.M. and in fact I thought it would have been easier if I would have entered the building by around: 9:45 A.M. because the process of security checks and initial document check and the payment takes a lot of time there probably because Corydon is probably the busiest PEO.

So yeah entry in the building 10:15 A.M. called for initial doc check at around 10:30 A.M. and the process took around 30 minutes (longer then it should have, the happy and chirpy case worker was very slow in checking things and kept talking to colleagues for 15 mins. out of the total 30 minutes it took. :D )

Anyway so once that’s done the caseworker gave me a token number and asked us (me, my wife and one little angelic boy) to go upstairs at the first floor to pay the fees.

Predictably there was a very long queue and the payment process took another at least 30 minutes and at 11:30 A.M. we went to the waiting room and to my surprise we were called in by the second caseworker in within 10 minutes.

Okay so the process,

“Simpleâ€

hsmp_tw3
Newly Registered

please reply

Post by hsmp_tw3 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi,

I'm applying for ILR and have few questions , please if you can answer based on your experience:

i have a little boy too , just 5 weeks old, and does'nt have his passport yet, can i go with his birth certificate only ?

Do i need to take my wife and child with me during appointment at PEO ? or can i go alone ?

thanks

Cisadi

Re: please reply

Post by Cisadi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 pm

hsmp_tw3 wrote:Hi,

I'm applying for ILR and have few questions , please if you can answer based on your experience:

i have a little boy too , just 5 weeks old, and does'nt have his passport yet, can i go with his birth certificate only ?

Do i need to take my wife and child with me during appointment at PEO ? or can i go alone ?

thanks
You can take your son's birth certificate with you and you do not need to take your wife and son with you. I personally feel that if you guys are comfortable in going there then it will eliminate any doubts from the caseworker's mind that you are a FAMILY :D.

Because your son is very young and if travelling is going to be a problem then I think it's fine to go alone however make sure that you take the conscent letter from your wife stating that you are allowed to apply for ILR on her behalf.

Markie

Re: ILR Success at PEO Crodon

Post by Markie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 pm

well done and congratulations.

[quote="Cisadi"]Finally, I have an end to my miserable last few weeks i.e. I have been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Phew !!!

Parking at Corydon is not a problem just in case if someone wants to know as I did a few days ago. You can drive there without worrying about the parking space just make sure that you are with your navigator and have the post codes handy.

I walked in to he home office at 10:15 A.M. for an appointment at 11:15 A.M. and in fact I thought it would have been easier if I would have entered the building by around: 9:45 A.M. because the process of security checks and initial document check and the payment takes a lot of time there probably because Corydon is the busiest PEO.

So yeah entry in the building 10:15 A.M. called for initial doc check at around 10:30 A.M. and the process took around 30 minutes (longer then it should have, the happy and chirpy case worker was very slow in checking things and kept talking to colleagues for 15 mins. out of the total 30 minutes it took. :D )

Anyway so once that’s done the caseworker gave me a token number and asked us (me, my wife and one little angelic boy) to go upstairs at the first floor to pay the fees.

Predictably there was a very long queue and the payment process took another at least 30 minutes and at 11:30 A.M. we went to the waiting room and to my surprise we were called in by the second caseworker in within 10 minutes.

Okay so the process,

“Simpleâ€

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks markie :-)