ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint application - eligibility term + HSMP JR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sundowner
Newly Registered

Joint application - eligibility term + HSMP JR

Post by sundowner » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi all,

thanks a lot for all the good work you're doing here turning the difficult bureaucrat speak into simple English!

My situation may seem simple, but I am a little confused.

I have to decide whether to submit
1) a joint application for citizenship now
OR
2) application for myself, and then, having received citizenship, my partner will submit her application separately as a person married to a UK citizen.

- I arrived to the UK on 15/04/2004 on a work permit.
- My partner arrived on 5/02/2005 on student visa. She then started traineeship under TWES (work experience) visa on 10/11/2005.
- We got married in the UK on 23/09/2006, following which she got dependent visa.
- I switched to HSMP on 15/03/07.
- We both received ILR on 21/05/2009. A letter that came with my (and hers) visa says that "Under judicial review policy document you are deemed as having been given ILR on 14 April 2008"

So after 6 Feb 2010 both me and my wife will have been living in the UK for over 5 years, hold ILR and therefore should be eligible to submit a joint application for naturalisation and both receive it?

We meet all other qualifying criteria.

If we submit it in February, could it be a problem with her being on TWES visa for a year, or it is irrelevant?

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Cheers,

A.M.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:55 pm

IMO i think you should be OK applying on the 6/2/2010. so you can post your docs tomorrow 5/2/10 if you have completed them. I dont think there is anything that excludes time on TWES from naturalisation applications its kind of the same as time on student visa