ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pls help whit an answser as i am new to this fourm

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

life
Newly Registered

pls help whit an answser as i am new to this fourm

Post by life » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:50 am

Hi
just want to check i have enough docs for my ilr application. i am apoplying in person in august this year and just want to check that my wife and i will have enough docs for the 2 years.

Ive got (in mine and my wifes name)

electricity and gas bill from the same supplier from sept 08 til present

water bill from sept 08 til present

virgin account bill since jan 10

joint bank account letter since jan 10

and we both have sepatate bank accounts from sept 08

also each have a medical card since sept 08

just getting a bit worried in case we don't have enough letters from the first year (08-09)

so i was thinking if you could have look at my aplication befor i submit it

thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Under which category are you (and your wife) applying for ILR?

If using SET (M):
SET (M) > Section 10 - Documents > Note 8 wrote:We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.

The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.

Examples of acceptable types of letters and documents
- letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing
- letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
- bank statements/letters
- council tax bills or statements
- water rates bills or statements
- electricity and/or gas bills or statements
- telephone bills or statements
- tenancy agreement(s)
- mortgage statements/agreement
- building society savings books/letters
regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

life
Newly Registered

Post by life » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:17 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Under which category are you (and your wife) applying for ILR?

regards
2 year spouse visa

thanks

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:22 pm

doesn't she need to be working for these 2 years? i'm not sure though....

how did you get Virgin account on both names? i asked them 3 times about 1.5 year ago and still waiting :lol:

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:23 pm

As evidence of cohabitation during the 2 year residential qualifying period, collect (at least) 6 documents which meet the requirements as explained above.

regards

life
Newly Registered

Post by life » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Under which category are you (and your wife) applying for ILR?

If using SET (M):
SET (M) > Section 10 - Documents > Note 8 wrote:We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.

The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.

Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.

Examples of acceptable types of letters and documents
- letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing
- letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
- bank statements/letters
- council tax bills or statements
- water rates bills or statements
- electricity and/or gas bills or statements
- telephone bills or statements
- tenancy agreement(s)
- mortgage statements/agreement
- building society savings books/letters
regards

do u think would they be ok with that ?

pgone bill under my wife name

virgin account bill since jan 10 both names

many thanks

life
Newly Registered

Post by life » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:26 pm

kamalin10 wrote:doesn't she need to be working for these 2 years? i'm not sure though....

how did you get Virgin account on both names? i asked them 3 times about 1.5 year ago and still waiting :lol:
me and my wife we opend joined bank acount and they accept it because the payment come out from acout has 2 names witch is my name and my wife's name

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:30 pm

kamalin10 wrote:doesn't she need to be working for these 2 years? i'm not sure though....
Being economically active isn't a condition applicable to spouses. Similar for dependents as well, I believe.
Applying to settle in the UK as a partner wrote:You can apply for permission to live permanently in the UK as a husband, wife or civil partner if:
â–  you were given permission to enter or remain in the UK as a husband, wife or civil partner, and have completed a period of two years in that category;
â–  you are still the husband, wife or civil partner of the person specified in your permission to enter or remain, and the marriage or civil partnership is existing and genuine (not a 'marriage of convenience', for example);
â–  you and your partner both intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or civil partners;
â–  you have adequate accommodation where both of you and any dependants can live without needing public funds, and at least part of that accommodation (for example, a bedroom) is for your and your partner's sole use;
â–  both of you can support yourselves and any dependants without needing public funds; and
â–  you have enough knowledge of the English language and life in the UK. (This last requirement does not apply if you are aged 65 or over.)

You should apply using application form SET(M).
See also Immigration rule 287.

regards

life
Newly Registered

do you think the homeoffice will be ok with the 6 letters

Post by life » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 pm

do you think the homeoffice will be ok with the 6 letters addressed to me and my wife

thats my Q pls help me

pgone bill under my wife name

virgin account bill since jan 10 both names

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Any point in repeating your question again and again??

HO will be ok if the documents meet the requirements specified in the form. The guidance, given in the form itself, has been provided .. all you need to do is identify (at least) 6 documents (from 3 different sources) that you have in your possession to cover the 2 year period.

regards