ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I pass on my Retained Right of Residence to my new wife

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nanaowusu
Newly Registered

Post by Nanaowusu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been granted Permanent Residence Card after I divorced my EEA wife. I am now married to another person and we have a new baby. My wifes visa expired 2 years ago. I have been told that because my Permanent Residence card was not given under the Immigration Rules I cannot apply for my wife and child to stay here. Can I apply under any other legislation and if so which one.
UKBA have also stated that if your acquire retained right of residence under Regulation 10(5) you cannot apply for another person to stay. Please help.

nanaaddo80

Retain Rights

Post by nanaaddo80 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi Nanaowusu,
First of all when did you get married to your new wife and was the marriage done in this country and how since she has no valid visa.......
Anyway, your child first, you you register as a british by using form MN1 since you hav PRC, also you yourself should 1 year after you acquired PRC should naturalize as a british by using form AN and apply for a british passport after which you will be under national rules and threfore your new wife will have right to stay in the UK
Thanks

Nanaowusu
Newly Registered

Post by Nanaowusu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:03 pm

We married here in the UK, well I know my child can register as a British citizen now that I have Permanent Residence card, but I am more concerned with my wife. Can I not apply for her whilst still with the Permanent Residence card instead waiting to natuaralize as British? In any event if i become British she could not apply in the UK as a spouse as her visa is expired.
I am sure that if you have retained right of residence you could apply for your new family to stay else what is the point of having it. It also may be discriminatory, and raises issues under Article 8(1) of ECHR. What form should I use

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Can I pass on my Retained Right of Residence to my new w

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Nanaowusu wrote:We married here in the UK, well I know my child can register as a British citizen now that I have Permanent Residence card, but I am more concerned with my wife. Can I not apply for her whilst still with the Permanent Residence card instead waiting to natuaralize as British? In any event if i become British she could not apply in the UK as a spouse as her visa is expired.
I am sure that if you have retained right of residence you could apply for your new family to stay else what is the point of having it. It also may be discriminatory, and raises issues under Article 8(1) of ECHR. What form should I use
why is it discriminatory?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm

As it makes no sense to allow a person to reside permanently in a country where he would not be allowed to have a family? Forcing him to marry someone from the "chosen" visa-compliant category. Even if she weren't an overstayer, on what grounds would he be able to "import" a wife? (no offence). I think there is a vacuum. What form to use and what ground to apply on? Clearly she can't use any of the EEA forms.

My suggestion- obtain British Citizenship, move with your wife to another Member State for a while and move back in with your wife. That clearly depends on your work commitments etc. If anyone has a more practical advice shoot it.

But, in any case, for your wife to obtain a PR she'd have needed to have resided etc. for 5 years IN ACCORDANCE with the Directive, so she wouldn't benefit from you having the PR per se. The only interpretation I see is, if you wish not to get the Citizenship at all, she'd apply as a "family member of an ex-family member of the EU citizen"... :idea:

Sorry, I don't know if Directive 2004/38 would apply to your wife upon literal interpretation... or even figuratively.

Wanderer wrote:
Nanaowusu wrote:We married here in the UK, well I know my child can register as a British citizen now that I have Permanent Residence card, but I am more concerned with my wife. Can I not apply for her whilst still with the Permanent Residence card instead waiting to natuaralize as British? In any event if i become British she could not apply in the UK as a spouse as her visa is expired.
None of the advice/opinion is expressed with the view of assuming responsibility as to its accuracy. Anyone intending to rely on any advice/opinion should seek independent legal advice before acting upon it.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:44 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Because he wants to have visa for his wife and can't have it.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:15 am

Inwarsaw, mate, u r a sad quadruple **ck (fu, pri, di, co). Having comfortably assumed the role of Wanderer's backside u make disrespectful comments towards ppl with genuine queries. Why, i ask, u hang out on this forum? It's not a pub where u meet ur friends for a laugh and a giggle! Seems u have nothing else to do, why dont u help those with advice or keep your cockhole shut?!
i despise people like u, most probably from a comfort of your visa-free position it's easy to pick on ppl with probs. Well, i pick on u here for a reason expressed above and if u dont get it then u r also as stupid as u r ignorant. I hope this post has got to u as much as your quoted-below comment got to me!!!

inwarsaw wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
None of the advice/opinion is expressed with the view of assuming responsibility as to its accuracy. Anyone intending to rely on any advice/opinion should seek independent legal advice before acting upon it.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:28 am

All I asked is why is it discrimination? The race card is played all to often and the UK, like it or love it, protects minorities more than most so why claim so?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:12 am

datuchi wrote:Inwarsaw, mate, u r a sad quadruple **ck (fu, pri, di, co). Having comfortably assumed the role of Wanderer's backside u make disrespectful comments towards ppl with genuine queries. Why, i ask, u hang out on this forum? It's not a pub where u meet ur friends for a laugh and a giggle! Seems u have nothing else to do, why dont u help those with advice or keep your cockhole shut?!
i despise people like u, most probably from a comfort of your visa-free position it's easy to pick on ppl with probs. Well, i pick on u here for a reason expressed above and if u dont get it then u r also as stupid as u r ignorant. I hope this post has got to u as much as your quoted-below comment got to me!!!

inwarsaw wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Datuchi, you need to calm down with your language.Any more violations from you, you will be banned.

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 pm

That's why I haven't said anything about your comment, whereas his was clearly derogatory.

Wanderer wrote:All I asked is why is it discrimination? The race card is played all to often and the UK, like it or love it, protects minorities more than most so why claim so?

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Archigabe, are you feeling better now, for "warning me"?
clearly there is no escalation here, and your input could have been avoided. Flexing muscles where it's not due is proof of incompetence, lack of common sense and judgment.

Whilst I agree that directly and openly abusive language is unacceptable, it's a shame that moderators don't pick on sublime messages, which are equally abusive and insulting.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Nanaowusu wrote:I have been granted Permanent Residence Card after I divorced my EEA wife. I am now married to another person and we have a new baby. My wifes visa expired 2 years ago. I have been told that because my Permanent Residence card was not given under the Immigration Rules I cannot apply for my wife and child to stay here. Can I apply under any other legislation and if so which one.
UKBA have also stated that if your acquire retained right of residence under Regulation 10(5) you cannot apply for another person to stay. Please help.
As a person who has acquired the right of Permanent Residence in the UK, you are considered a person "present and settled in the UK", for the purpose of the Immigration Rules.

In short, your present wife may apply for a Spouse Visa, in accordance with the Immigration Rules, as the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK.

The UKBA who, in your words, stated that if your acquire retained right of residence under Regulation 10(5) you cannot apply for another person to stay are referring to "applying for another person to stay" under the EEA regulations (and they are correct).
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:05 pm

I also thought he could take the "settled and present" route, but wasn't sure if it would apply to such a status being obtained through the European route. Moreover, his wife will have to leave the country as she overstayed, unfortunately, but this is price worth paying for future family life.
I am not sure on exact procedure, but I think she'd have to leave initially?

benifa wrote:
Nanaowusu wrote:I have been granted Permanent Residence Card after I divorced my EEA wife. I am now married to another person and we have a new baby. My wifes visa expired 2 years ago. I have been told that because my Permanent Residence card was not given under the Immigration Rules I cannot apply for my wife and child to stay here. Can I apply under any other legislation and if so which one.
As a person who has acquired the right of Permanent Residence in the UK, you are considered a person "present and settled in the UK", for the purpose of the Immigration Rules.

In short, your present wife may apply for a Spouse Visa, in accordance with the Immigration Rules, as the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK.

The UKBA who, in your words, stated that if your acquire retained right of residence under Regulation 10(5) you cannot apply for another person to stay are referring to "applying for another person to stay" under the EEA regulations (and they are correct).

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:57 pm

archigabe wrote:
Datuchi, you need to calm down with your language.Any more violations from you, you will be banned.
On -thin ice- and skating. How long before the thaw?

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:11 pm

datuchi wrote:Inwarsaw, mate, u r a sad quadruple **ck (fu, pri, di, co). Having comfortably assumed the role of Wanderer's backside u make disrespectful comments towards ppl with genuine queries. Why, i ask, u hang out on this forum? It's not a pub where u meet ur friends for a laugh and a giggle! Seems u have nothing else to do, why dont u help those with advice or keep your cockhole shut?!
I have to give you the bad news that your post didn't get to me at all because I understand that you have every right to disagree with me.

I am not backing Wanderer nor do I have a visa-free status as you said. You unfortunately seem to have got the idea of a forum totally wrong. The OP thought he was being discriminated against and I didn't agree. Simple...

And why am I on this forum ? what kind of question is that ? You are not supposed to ask such question but if you must know, I hang out on this forum because I like it.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 pm

datuchi wrote:Archigabe, are you feeling better now, for "warning me"?
clearly there is no escalation here, and your input could have been avoided. Flexing muscles where it's not due is proof of incompetence, lack of common sense and judgment.
I don't think moderators warn or ban people to feel good. There are terms and conditions of the forum and if you violate them, moderators would react.
datuchi wrote:Whilst I agree that directly and openly abusive language is unacceptable
So you actually know the reason why you have been warned.
datuchi wrote:it's a shame that moderators don't pick on sublime messages, which are equally abusive and insulting.
Everyone is free to share their opinion as long as it doesn't involve any abuse or personal attack when it comes to forums. If I am too sensitive or easily feel abused or insulted, I wouldn't go to a forum.

hopeless2009
Newly Registered

Post by hopeless2009 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Nanaowusu wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have been granted Permanent Residence Card after I divorced my EEA wife. I am now married to another person and we have a new baby. My wifes visa expired 2 years ago. I have been told that because my Permanent Residence card was not given under the Immigration Rules I cannot apply for my wife and child to stay here. Can I apply under any other legislation and if so which one.
I suspect what you have is a retain right of residence following your divorce not permanent residence which is normally acquired after 5 years. I would suggest you have a look at this case.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKIAT/2007/00048.html

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:53 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
I don't think moderators warn or ban people to feel good. There are terms and conditions of the forum and if you violate them, moderators would react.
datuchi wrote:Whilst I agree that directly and openly abusive language is unacceptable
datuchi wrote:it's a shame that moderators don't pick on sublime messages, which are equally abusive and insulting.
Everyone is free to share their opinion as long as it doesn't involve any abuse or personal attack when it comes to forums. If I am too sensitive or easily feel abused or insulted, I wouldn't go to a forum.

VOID

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:55 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
I have to give you the bad news that your post didn't get to me at all because I understand that you have every right to disagree with me.

I am not backing Wanderer nor do I have a visa-free status as you said. You unfortunately seem to have got the idea of a forum totally wrong. The OP thought he was being discriminated against and I didn't agree. Simple...

And why am I on this forum ? what kind of question is that ? You are not supposed to ask such question but if you must know, I hang out on this forum because I like it.

... yawns

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:20 pm

datuchi wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:

VOID
Couldn't care less about your disagreement.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:26 pm

datuchi wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:

... yawns
When people run out of arguments, they start pretending like yourself in this case.

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:49 pm

:lol: There you go, we have made up already... but pls, in the future, don't use this sly way of taking the piss out of people on this forum.

inwarsaw wrote:
datuchi wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:

VOID
Couldn't care less about your disagreement.

Nanaowusu
Newly Registered

Can I pass on my retained right of residence

Post by Nanaowusu » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Thanks guys, yes, it appears we would have to consider paragraph 281 of HC 395 as it is, as clearly I am now settled. Well thought good guys I really appreciate your help.

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:52 pm

quadruple **ck (fu, pri, di, co)
Datuchi, I must say that this is the coolest line i've seen in ages, would you mind if I added it to urbandictionary?

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 pm

[quote="Nanaowusu"]Hi Everyone,

UKBA have also stated that if your acquire retained right of residence under Regulation 10(5) you cannot apply for another person to sta

Hi,
read this case ,might help you:
Nigeria 2010 UKAIT 0003