ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEAD or ALIVE ???????????

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

godfatherdon

DEAD or ALIVE ???????????

Post by godfatherdon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey guyzz,
I hAVE Been searching jobs from sep 09 and no luck yet....i used to receive few calls many were bogus consutancies trying to fetch info & few were genuine but unluckly there criteria never matched........

Strangely from january 2010 I HAVENT GOT A SINGLE CALL !! regarding my application......there are jobs on the jobboards matching my s/w testing profile :-( :-( :-( but still NO CALLS.........

IS THE MARKET DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? or there are no jobs for my profile ???? or theres something wrong with my cv???? anyone experienced the same.....if this goes on I WILL DROP DEAD ONE DAY WATCHING MY CELL without any rings ;-)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: DEAD or ALIVE ???????????

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:43 pm

godfatherdon wrote:Hey guyzz,
I hAVE Been searching jobs from sep 09 and no luck yet....i used to receive few calls many were bogus consutancies trying to fetch info & few were genuine but unluckly there criteria never matched........

Strangely from january 2010 I HAVENT GOT A SINGLE CALL !! regarding my application......there are jobs on the jobboards matching my s/w testing profile :-( :-( :-( but still NO CALLS.........

IS THE MARKET DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? or there are no jobs for my profile ???? or theres something wrong with my cv???? anyone experienced the same.....if this goes on I WILL DROP DEAD ONE DAY WATCHING MY CELL without any rings ;-)
Funny, I get quite a few now, some belters in Europe, hopefully off to Amsterdam for an interview...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

godfatherdon

congrats !!!!!

Post by godfatherdon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:52 pm

lucky you mate !!!!!!!!! nice place to get a job ;-) ;-) ;-)
hmmmmmmm what domain are you into wanderer?? I know skills matter a lot ......... maybe your profiles got a rare skill like a yoda or a samurai :P :P :P

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: congrats !!!!!

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:17 pm

godfatherdon wrote:lucky you mate !!!!!!!!! nice place to get a job ;-) ;-) ;-)
hmmmmmmm what domain are you into wanderer?? I know skills matter a lot ......... maybe your profiles got a rare skill like a yoda or a samurai :P :P :P
Solaris, IdM, LDAP...

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:01 am

What's your qualification n experience and what sectors are you looking for?
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

godfatherdon

Post by godfatherdon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:27 am

3+ years dude with a bachelors in IT........IT BFSI(banking,finance,security,insurance) domain......testing banking & insurance apps........ISEB certified(of no use) :roll:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:02 am

godfatherdon wrote:3+ years dude with a bachelors in IT........IT BFSI(banking,finance,security,insurance) domain......testing banking & insurance apps........ISEB certified(of no use) :roll:
I should add 18 years in IT, starting on VMS (the OS of choice), Reactor Control systems and prior to that, Accounting systems.

I'm old tho!

I have a degree in Business Studies and I was (am? dunno or care now) an ICMA accountant (passed finalist), now CIMA I think. I'm not going down that road again, accountancy is shiiiiittttt...

Fourteen years at that!

Doesn't matter what I did - I have experience and I've seen some major balls ups by know-it-all grads, including on the Nuclear Reactors, causing shutdowns, dropping rods, the lot.

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:48 pm

Wanderer wrote:
godfatherdon wrote:3+ years dude with a bachelors in IT........IT BFSI(banking,finance,security,insurance) domain......testing banking & insurance apps........ISEB certified(of no use) :roll:
I should add 18 years in IT, starting on VMS (the OS of choice), Reactor Control systems and prior to that, Accounting systems.

I'm old tho!

I have a degree in Business Studies and I was (am? dunno or care now) an ICMA accountant (passed finalist), now CIMA I think. I'm not going down that road again, accountancy is shiiiiittttt...

Fourteen years at that!

Doesn't matter what I did - I have experience and I've seen some major balls ups by know-it-all grads, including on the Nuclear Reactors, causing shutdowns, dropping rods, the lot.
I think u said earlier you got something in amsterdam. Am I right? Is it accounts related interview/job overthere or some other field?
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:35 pm

Dr Logic wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

I'm old tho!

Fourteen years at that!

I think u said earlier you got something in amsterdam. Am I right? Is it accounts related interview/job overthere or some other field?
IdM - I've not done accountancy for 15 years due to it being the most boring profession on earth.
First let me say how very pleased I was to be asked on the 4th inst. to write an article on why accountancy is not boring. I feel very, very strongly that there are many people who may think that accountancy is boring, but they would be wrong, for it is not at all boring, as I hope to show you in this article, which is, as I intimated earlier, a pleasure to write.
I think I can do little worse than begin this article by describing why accountancy is not boring as far as I am concerned, and then, perhaps, go on to a more general discussion of why accountancy as a whole is not boring.
As soon as I awake in the morning it is not boring. I get up at 7.16, and my wife Irene, an ex-school teacher, gets up shortly afterwards at 7.22. Breakfast is far from boring and soon I am ready to leave the house. Irene, a keen Rotarian, hands me my briefcase and rolled umbrella at 7.53, and I leave the house seconds later. It is a short walk to Hawthorn Station, but by no means a boring one. There is so much to see, including Mr Edgeworth, who also works at Robinson Partners. Mr Edgeworth is an extremely interesting man, and was in Uxbridge during the war. Then there is a train journey of 4.2 minutes to Parliament station, one of Vic-Rail's main terminals, where we accountants mingle for a moment with stockbrokers and other accountants from all walks of life. I think that many of the people to whom accountancy appears boring think that all accountants are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. Some accountants are chartered, but very many others are certified. I am a certified accountant, as indeed is Mr Edgeworth, whom I told you about earlier. However, in the next office to mine is a Mr Manners, who is a chartered accountant, and, incidentally, a keen Rotarian. However, Mr Edgeworth and I get on extremely well with Mr Manners, despite the slight prestige superiority of his position. Mr Edgeworth, in fact, gets on with Mr Manners extremely well, and if there are two spaces at lunch it is more than likely he will sit with Mr Manners. So far, as you can see, accountancy is not boring. During the morning there are a hundred and one things to do. A secretary may pop in with details of an urgent audit. This happened in 1997 and again last year. On the other hand, the phone may ring, or there may be details of a new superannuation scheme to mull over. The time flies by in this not at all boring way, and it is soon, when there is only 1 hour to go before Mrs Jackson brings round the tea urn. Mrs Jackson is just one of the many people involved in accountancy who give the lie to those who say it is a boring profession. Even a solicitor or a surveyor would find Mrs Jackson a most interesting person. At 10.00am, having drunk an interesting cup of tea, I put my cup on the tray and then...(18 pages deleted here - Ed.)... and once the light is turned out by Irene, a very keen Rotarian, I am left to think about how extremely un-boring my day has been, being an accountant. Finally may I say how extremely grateful I am to your organisation for so generously allowing me so much space.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:13 am

Wanderer wrote:
Dr Logic wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

I'm old tho!

Fourteen years at that!

IdM - I've not done accountancy for 15 years due to it being the most boring profession on earth.
First let me say how very pleased I was to be asked on the 4th inst. to write an article on why accountancy is not boring. I feel very, very strongly that there are many people who may think that accountancy is boring, but they would be wrong, for it is not at all boring, as I hope to show you in this article, which is, as I intimated earlier, a pleasure to write.
I think I can do little worse than begin this article by describing why accountancy is not boring as far as I am concerned, and then, perhaps, go on to a more general discussion of why accountancy as a whole is not boring.
As soon as I awake in the morning it is not boring. I get up at 7.16, and my wife Irene, an ex-school teacher, gets up shortly afterwards at 7.22. Breakfast is far from boring and soon I am ready to leave the house. Irene, a keen Rotarian, hands me my briefcase and rolled umbrella at 7.53, and I leave the house seconds later. It is a short walk to Hawthorn Station, but by no means a boring one. There is so much to see, including Mr Edgeworth, who also works at Robinson Partners. Mr Edgeworth is an extremely interesting man, and was in Uxbridge during the war. Then there is a train journey of 4.2 minutes to Parliament station, one of Vic-Rail's main terminals, where we accountants mingle for a moment with stockbrokers and other accountants from all walks of life. I think that many of the people to whom accountancy appears boring think that all accountants are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth. Some accountants are chartered, but very many others are certified. I am a certified accountant, as indeed is Mr Edgeworth, whom I told you about earlier. However, in the next office to mine is a Mr Manners, who is a chartered accountant, and, incidentally, a keen Rotarian. However, Mr Edgeworth and I get on extremely well with Mr Manners, despite the slight prestige superiority of his position. Mr Edgeworth, in fact, gets on with Mr Manners extremely well, and if there are two spaces at lunch it is more than likely he will sit with Mr Manners. So far, as you can see, accountancy is not boring. During the morning there are a hundred and one things to do. A secretary may pop in with details of an urgent audit. This happened in 1997 and again last year. On the other hand, the phone may ring, or there may be details of a new superannuation scheme to mull over. The time flies by in this not at all boring way, and it is soon, when there is only 1 hour to go before Mrs Jackson brings round the tea urn. Mrs Jackson is just one of the many people involved in accountancy who give the lie to those who say it is a boring profession. Even a solicitor or a surveyor would find Mrs Jackson a most interesting person. At 10.00am, having drunk an interesting cup of tea, I put my cup on the tray and then...(18 pages deleted here - Ed.)... and once the light is turned out by Irene, a very keen Rotarian, I am left to think about how extremely un-boring my day has been, being an accountant. Finally may I say how extremely grateful I am to your organisation for so generously allowing me so much space.
Interesting
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

myTier1
Newly Registered

Post by myTier1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 am

I attended many interviews and when i was about to get the offer the role was offshored.. The job market is totally bad in UK and not immediate hope of getting anything..

So if you are in a permie position anywhere dont quit it unless you have a concrete offer in hand.

GL for the people who are searching for the job. and also wish me luck :)

Tx

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:51 pm

myTier1 wrote:I attended many interviews and when i was about to get the offer the role was offshored.. The job market is totally bad in UK and not immediate hope of getting anything..

So if you are in a permie position anywhere dont quit it unless you have a concrete offer in hand.

GL for the people who are searching for the job. and also wish me luck :)

Tx
Nice comments.

Cheers
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:10 pm

myTier1 wrote:I attended many interviews and when i was about to get the offer the role was offshored.. The job market is totally bad in UK and not immediate hope of getting anything..
Well you know who you can thank for that don't you.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:06 pm

meats wrote:

Yes I know, thats the damn Tories ! :idea:
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:
meats wrote:

If you're blaming the Tories for the current economy then you should change your name again inwarsaw to 'dopey'.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:15 pm

meats wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:
meats wrote:

If you're blaming the Tories for the current economy then you should change your name again inwarsaw to 'dopey'.
Hahaha :lol: How can you not like Labour ???
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:06 am

Pakhtoon wrote:
meats wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:
meats wrote:

Hahaha :lol: How can you not like Labour ???
I'd be here for too long answering that question that I might as well get a publisher involved.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 am

meats wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:
meats wrote:

Dopey????

sumit1281
Newly Registered

Post by sumit1281 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:29 am

Are you in functional testing ?