ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What marriage date to mention naturalisation form?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gainvidya
Member of Standing

What marriage date to mention naturalisation form?

Post by gainvidya » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi,

I am filling up the naturalisation form. There is the question for marriage date.I got married in india and in my situation my religious ceremony and marriage took place in year 1/3/2002. So the community document says married on 2002. The community document (nikah nama) is recognized by Indian civil court. We got our marriage registered in the indian civil court in 2003 and it say marriage solemnized on 1/4/2003.
I am not sure what should I mention my marriage date in the naturalition document.

Should I mention the actual marriage date 1/3/2002 which is mentioned in Nikah nama OR 1/4/2003 whats mentioned in Indian civil court registrar "solemnized on 1/4/2003"?

Dr Logic
BANNED

Re: What marriage date to mention naturalisation form?

Post by Dr Logic » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 pm

gainvidya wrote:Hi,

I am filling up the naturalisation form. There is the question for marriage date.I got married in india and in my situation my religious ceremony and marriage took place in year 1/3/2002. So the community document says married on 2002. The community document (nikah nama) is recognized by Indian civil court. We got our marriage registered in the indian civil court in 2003 and it say marriage solemnized on 1/4/2003.
I am not sure what should I mention my marriage date in the naturalition document.

Should I mention the actual marriage date 1/3/2002 which is mentioned in Nikah nama OR 1/4/2003 whats mentioned in Indian civil court registrar "solemnized on 1/4/2003"?
I guess 01/04/2003.
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....