ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and NIP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

navnas

Naturalisation and NIP

Post by navnas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi Guys ,

can you plz advise if possible ,

iam due for applying naturalisation shortly this month through NSC ,

I had recieved a NIP (Notice for intended Prosecution) in March 2007 for a false accusation of failing to stop/report an accident etc but later on after sending explanation and showing my insurance etc in june 2007 got the letter from local police saying No further action .

Now do i need to mention it some where as i can't see any section in the AN form to do so as i was not charged or conivcted ......

any help will be highly appreciated ..

John

Post by John » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Given you were not convicted, and there is now no intending prosecution outstanding, there is nothing to report.
John

navnas

Post by navnas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:24 pm

John wrote:Given you were not convicted, and there is now no intending prosecution outstanding, there is nothing to report.
Thanks John for the quick reply . I called Nationality helpline this afternoon and the lady there advise me to rather highlight it to avoid any delays as it may pop up in their checks but i'am inclined to do what you are suggesting ....as there isn't any conviction and i've got the letter from police two years back saying they will take NO FURTHER ACTION ...so why to complicate further ....

It will be very strange if PNC is holdng even this bit of info as i thought the police only holds convictions etc ...The only thing which scares me (coz am a passimist) is if i dont mention it and later on they take it as deception or concealing info ....

any ways many thanks again !

navnas

Post by navnas » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 am

Hello people ,

i'll highly appreciate if you can advise what is the down side if i mention it on the page 14 ( additional info ) and enclosed the letter i had from police saying no further action ????

The nationality help line guys are advising to mention it any way ...( :( this thing is giving me headache what to do now )

John

Post by John » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:55 am

The downside is that you would be causing unnecessary confusion in the mind of the person looking at the application.

Do you drive? If so, do you want to enclose a list of the occasions when you drove at 31mph in a 30mph area? No, of course not.
John

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:07 pm

I agree with John. The form specifies that you report only actual convictions. If you include non-convictions, then that could be potentially (incorrectly, of course!) interpreted by the caseworker as convictions, even if you add explanations etc.

navnas

Post by navnas » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks John , Global gypsy for the replies , i myself dont won't to mention it but below paragraph in the guide and chapter 18 ( good character )is making me sick ,,,,

From GUIDE:
If you are in any doubt about whether you have done
something or it has been alleged that you have done something which might lead us
to think that you are not of good character you should say so

FROM CH18 ( GOOD CHARACTER)
Concealment of Minor Convictions or Charges
9.2.1 Where the applicant has failed to disclose a minor outstanding charge or conviction that would result in refusal of the application caseworkers should normally refuse the application.. In such cases, the applicant should be advised that an application for citizenship made within 10 years from the date of the refusal on these grounds would be unlikely to be successful.

navnas

Post by navnas » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:49 pm

navnas wrote:Thanks John , Global gypsy for the replies , i myself dont won't to mention it but below paragraph in the guide and chapter 18 ( good character )is making me sick ,,,,

From GUIDE:
If you are in any doubt about whether you have done
something or it has been alleged that you have done something which might lead us
to think that you are not of good character you should say so

FROM CH18 ( GOOD CHARACTER)
Concealment of Minor Convictions or Charges
9.2.1 Where the applicant has failed to disclose a minor outstanding charge or conviction that would result in refusal of the application caseworkers should normally refuse the application.. In such cases, the applicant should be advised that an application for citizenship made within 10 years from the date of the refusal on these grounds would be unlikely to be successful.
Hi John , any comments on this one ??

John

Post by John » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 pm

No, nothing to add to what I posted earlier.
John