ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gardai halt wedding over fears that union is 'bogus'

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IrishTom
BANNED

Re: Irish Scams

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:36 pm

First-Class Moron wrote: Two wrongs dont make a right, true but your government needs to tighten up its laws.
True. So if they started deporting vast numbers of failed asylum seekers, bogus students and illegals, you would not scream beloved, yes? ;)

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:50 pm

IrishTom wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote: Two wrongs dont make a right, true but your government needs to tighten up its laws.
True. So if they started deporting vast numbers of failed asylum seekers, bogus students and illegals, you would not scream beloved, yes? ;)
No i would certainly not scream beloved, no way especially if it is done within the confines of the rule of law.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 pm

I can see there are few dearly beloved and haters in this forum,they are vomitting some poisons out of their belly and through their mouth

[quote]"many are the devices in the heart of men,but the counsel of the Lord that shall stand"

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:46 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
No i would certainly not scream beloved, no way especially if it is done within the confines of the rule of law.
Most asylum seekers are denied outright regardless of the validity of their case. It's been pointed out here loads of times how the Irish government takes as face value the Nigerian governments "assurances" of its ability to protect its citizens when there is a multitude of evidence that this patently false. That's besides your average flatfoot in the INIS not knowing his mule from his elbow much less what goes on "beyond the pale".
I would also point out that the MoJ has what's known as "ministerial discretion" which means he's judge, jury and executioner. That's not law but a farce.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:48 pm

sovtek wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
Most asylum seekers are denied outright regardless of the validity of their case. It's been pointed out here loads of times how the Irish government takes as face value the Nigerian governments "assurances" of its ability to protect its citizens when there is a multitude of evidence that this patently false. That's besides your average flatfoot in the INIS not knowing his mule from his elbow much less what goes on "beyond the pale".
I would also point out that the MoJ has what's known as "ministerial discretion" which means he's judge, jury and executioner. That's not law but a farce.
Thank you Sovtec, that is why i said to Irish Tom that if it is not done according to the law then i would make noise. Irish Tom seems to want to bury his head in the sand, how can a government that lacks the ability to grasp the act of governance know the difference between the rule of law and jungle justice.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Re: Ignorant f****

Post by MAKUSA » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:53 pm

archigabe wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
El shaddai wrote:Hi craicindublin, i agreed on ur point of Govt to step up and do something about the marriage of convenience.But i think u are totally wrong by saying "when people from african countries started a trend of coming into this country to deliver their babies which started from early 98 "is it only Africans coming to have babies in ireland? would have been better if u dont mention any race or continent.
I am from an african country and take no exeption to that statement. The facts are that the majority of applicants that applied for leave to remain based on a child being born here were mainly from african countries. The babies were quite literall falling out on the tarmac.
And i am from Timbuktu,D*******
[Mod edit because of offensive language
First-Class Moron, keep it clean]
First-Class Moron, I just read your previous post here.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#317129

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#317199

Kindly refrain from using offensive language.this will be the last warning.
thanks.
Mr moderator, you need to direct your warning to everybody using offensive language, why is it just directed towards me.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Nothing personal, First-Class Moron. If I see someone else with a consistent pattern of name calling and abusive language towards other members,i'll be warning them as well.

iamanalien

Post by iamanalien » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:38 pm

jhbmike wrote:
El shaddai wrote:Hi craicindublin, i agreed on ur point of Govt to step up and do something about the marriage of convenience.But i think u are totally wrong by saying "when people from african countries started a trend of coming into this country to deliver their babies which started from early 98 "is it only Africans coming to have babies in ireland? would have been better if u dont mention any race or continent.
I am from an african country and take no exeption to that statement. The facts are that the majority of applicants that applied for leave to remain based on a child being born here were mainly from african countries. The babies were quite literall falling out on the tarmac.
"I am from an african country" does not quite cut it.

Millions of white people are from Africa.

Many, not all, are notoriously dearly beloved.

Not saying you are but your comment certainly doesn't suggest that you're not.

"literall falling on the tarmac" - Hard to imagine, even harder to believe.

Go and look up the meaning of literally in the dictionary.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:34 pm

sovtek wrote:
You are spouting pure unadultarated nonsense.

Why are so few deportation orders issued? Why are so few enforced? Why are 90% of asylum seekers refused refugee status yet issued with leave to remain? Why were only 500 work permits issued to Nigerians, yet circa 20,000 of them are registered with social welfare? Why is Pammy still in the country after lying about dead childers etc?

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:39 pm

iamanalien wrote: "I am from an african country" does not quite cut it.

Millions of white people are from Africa.

Many, not all, are notoriously dearly beloved.

Not saying you are but your comment certainly doesn't suggest that you're not.

"literall falling on the tarmac" - Hard to imagine, even harder to believe.

Go and look up the meaning of literally in the dictionary.
Only whitey is dearly beloved. :lol:

Ireland is not a dearly beloved country. People are p*ssed by the abuse of our good nature, yes. But we are not dearly beloved. NO country has absorbed the number of immigrants, per capita, as Ireland has over such a short period. None. Not one. No country has went from being a relatively homogenous nation to having a 20% foreign born population within a decade. Also, not once were the Irish people asked if they wanted mass immigration. Not once.

I will tell you who are dearly beloved though. Those who came to Ireland, with the view of having a child here, obtaining leave to remain and living it up at the taxpayers expense. Social housing, social welfare, child benefit, medical cards, the list is endless.

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Whether marriage is bogus or not, I dont know personally.

Original thread all about Pakistan National holding two passports.

It is wrong what he did, he was punished according to the land of the law. He clearly displayed no respect and regard for the law. There is no excuses.

1) voilated immigration laws (no gnib registrations, no visa)
2) holding two bogus passports

It brings bad name every one who has EE girl friend happend to be from south asian origin. It makes other lifes misarable, every one in society looks down a geneniue couple walks by.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:15 pm

IrishTom wrote: You are spouting pure unadultarated nonsense.

Why were only 500 work permits issued to Nigerians, yet circa 20,000 of them are registered with social welfare?
think you have your statistics wrong there Irish Tom. If you check CSO, you will see that there are only circa 38,000 AFRICANS (so thats not just Nigerians, other Africans countries too) living in Ireland... so 20,000 Nigerians couldnt possibly be on the dole!

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:44 pm

jennybean wrote:
IrishTom wrote: You are spouting pure unadultarated nonsense.

Why were only 500 work permits issued to Nigerians, yet circa 20,000 of them are registered with social welfare?
think you have your statistics wrong there Irish Tom. If you check CSO, you will see that there are only circa 38,000 AFRICANS (so thats not just Nigerians, other Africans countries too) living in Ireland... so 20,000 Nigerians couldnt possibly be on the dole!
Only 500 work permits were issued to Nigerians in the history of the work permit programme. How the hell did 38,000 get in here? :shock:

According to the figures, 14,011 Nigerians are in receipt of welfare in the form of jobseekers' benefit and allowance or one-parent family payments.

Almost all would have been former asylum-seekers or the parents of Irish-born children, as other types of residency status were rarely – if ever – granted to Africans.

Source, CSO.

But whereas the British figure constitutes just 2.7pc of the total population of Britons living here, the figure for Nigerians is 18.6pc of their total Irish population of 16,300. Alas, just how many more Nigerian dependents are the beneficiaries of the rent allowances that are being granted to the 3,024 family-heads, I cannot say.

Now this reliance upon the state for the accommodation of so many Nigerians reflects another rather uncomfortable truth which was revealed
in the 2006 census, but which has never -- so far as I know -- been highlighted in the media. It is this: contrary to almost all predictions about the impact of immigrants upon an economy, a majority of Nigerians are not economically active at all. For even at the height of the boom, in 2006, only 38pc over the age of 15 were at work.

Maybe this is because so many are too old for work? Not so. There are almost no Nigerians over 50. Their average age is 26.6, with some 10,000 between the ages of 25 and 44. Yes, there are a large number of Nigerian children (3,845 under fifteen), but that figure of 38pc at work is a percentage of the over-15s only. The equivalent working proportions are: Poles, 84pc; Lithuanians, 82pc; and Latvians 82pc. On the other hand, the figures for rental-subsidy (remember: Nigerians 18.6pc) are Poles, 1.5pc; Lithuanians, 3pc; and Latvians, 4.3pc.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/colum ... 56226.html

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:55 pm

IrishTom wrote:
Why are so few deportation orders issued? Why are so few enforced? Why are 90% of asylum seekers refused refugee status yet issued with leave to remain?
There are deportation orders issued every day! The majority are not in the media because it causes problems then for the government because they then have protesters and human rights groups etc protesting either where the deportees are being detained or outside govt! And there is more than 1(by one I mean one plane full) deportation a month.

Are you saying that all 90% of asylum seekers that are refused are given leave to remain? I think you are very wrong there Irish Tom. Did u not hear the stories in the media last year about plane loads of refused asylum seekers in mosney being deported without notice?

One last note to you Irish Tom, because it actually makes my skin crawl to have to even talk to you.... WHY THE F**K ARE YOU ON THIS FORUM?!?!?!?!?!?! IT IS MEANT FOR ADVISING PEOPLE, NOT CRITICISING IMMIGRANTS AND PROVIDING STATISTICS TO PROVE HOW MUCH YOU HATE IMMIGRATION!!! GET A LIFE WILL YE!!!!

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:25 pm

jennybean wrote:
IT IS MEANT FOR ADVISING PEOPLE, NOT CRITICISING IMMIGRANTS AND PROVIDING STATISTICS
If Irish Tom or someone else thinks a marriage is sham, he shouldn't advise because in that case, he would be advising how to dodge the system. In other words, advising how to commit a crime which itself is a crime.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:22 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
jennybean wrote:
IT IS MEANT FOR ADVISING PEOPLE, NOT CRITICISING IMMIGRANTS AND PROVIDING STATISTICS
If Irish Tom or someone else thinks a marriage is sham, he shouldn't advise because in that case, he would be advising how to dodge the system. In other words, advising how to commit a crime which itself is a crime.
I meant in general, all his posts like, not the ones on this post and he regurgitates ALL of the exact same information on nearly every post, there is no need for that, yes Irish Tom we get it, we have seen your statistics, no need to copy and paste them to every thread!!!

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:26 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
jennybean wrote:
Agree .

Also no one has the right to start F'ing at people and telling them they are not allowed on this site (if a person breaks the rules or need removing that is a mod/admin issue ) Also the poster seems to have made a few negative comments about Ireland and Irish people which may explain why she is attacking IrishTom

Hopefully the site mods keep an eye on this ....
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 am

jennybean wrote:One last note to you Irish Tom, because it actually makes my skin crawl to have to even talk to you.... WHY THE F**K ARE YOU ON THIS FORUM?!?!?!?!?!?! IT IS MEANT FOR ADVISING PEOPLE, NOT CRITICISING IMMIGRANTS AND PROVIDING STATISTICS TO PROVE HOW MUCH YOU HATE IMMIGRATION!!! GET A LIFE WILL YE!!!!
Jennybean: it was you who resurrected this thread that I at least had hoped had died off, as it like many other threads of late had descended into pointless arguments. You are only exacerbating the situation by getting involved. You've just joined the forum so maybe chill for a while before getting involved in argumenents or just simply pick your battles. You only have to read a few threads posted by IrishTom or First-Class Moron to get their views. I don't see how it's worthwhile to argue back with them on multiple posts. 1 thread would suffice where you could and give your own, but doing it on multiple threads is just doing the same as them.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
jennybean wrote:
Define a sham marriage, are you a law officer? we are not here to judge or be judged, it is upto the relevant authorities to do their respective jobs and fish out these sham marriages.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:31 pm

First-Class Moron wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:
jennybean wrote:
Define a sham marriage, are you a law officer? we are not here to judge or be judged, it is upto the relevant authorities to do their respective jobs and fish out these sham marriages.
Sham marriage is the one where the actual purpose is to secure the immigration status for non-EEA and for that purpose, the farce of love and relationship and living together is created to dodge the system on one hand, and decieve the poor girl on the other.

True nobody is here to judge or be judged but everyone is here to speak their mind.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:54 pm

First-Class Moron wrote: Define a sham marriage, are you a law officer? we are not here to judge or be judged, it is upto the relevant authorities to do their respective jobs and fish out these sham marriages.
Defintion as per wiki.

Marriage for legal benefits of personal convenience often constitutes a sham marriage, including marrying solely to gain legal status as an immigrant. The couple marries with knowledge that the marriage is solely for the purpose of obtaining legal status for the man or woman in the destination country. This is frequently arranged as a business transaction. This occurs more commonly with foreigners already in the country. U.S. Immigration (USCIS) can punish this with a $250,000 fine and five-year prison sentence.

Europe should adopt a similar approach.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:11 pm

jennybean wrote:
CRITICISING IMMIGRANTS AND PROVIDING STATISTICS
Darn, theres me providing facts and statistics. Sorry...... ;)

Rattlesnake wrote: Agree .

Also no one has the right to start F'ing at people and telling them they are not allowed on this site (if a person breaks the rules or need removing that is a mod/admin issue ) Also the poster seems to have made a few negative comments about Ireland and Irish people which may explain why she is attacking IrishTom

Hopefully the site mods keep an eye on this ....
Thanks for your support.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:41 pm

IrishTom wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote: Define a sham marriage, are you a law officer? we are not here to judge or be judged, it is upto the relevant authorities to do their respective jobs and fish out these sham marriages.
Defintion as per wiki.

Marriage for legal benefits of personal convenience often constitutes a sham marriage, including marrying solely to gain legal status as an immigrant. The couple marries with knowledge that the marriage is solely for the purpose of obtaining legal status for the man or woman in the destination country. This is frequently arranged as a business transaction. This occurs more commonly with foreigners already in the country. U.S. Immigration (USCIS) can punish this with a $250,000 fine and five-year prison sentence.

Europe should adopt a similar approach.
Yes, Europe needs to adopt US laws, there wouldnt be much left of the Irish nation with the amount of Crime- you would all be electrocuted.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Post by MAKUSA » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:44 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
First-Class Moron wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:
jennybean wrote:
Sham marriage is the one where the actual purpose is to secure the immigration status for non-EEA and for that purpose, the farce of love and relationship and living together is created to dodge the system on one hand, and decieve the poor girl on the other.

True nobody is here to judge or be judged but everyone is here to speak their mind.
"If Irish Tom or someone else thinks a marriage is sham, he shouldn't advise because in that case, he would be advising how to dodge the system. In other words, advising how to commit a crime which itself is a crime" What crime have you commited by giving advice, non whatsoever.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:46 pm

First-Class Moron wrote: Yes, Europe needs to adopt US laws, there wouldnt be much left of the Irish nation with the amount of Crime- you would all be electrocuted.
Thats us, all criminals. :roll: What utopia do you hail from yourself? Just so we can compare crime figures.......

You wouldnt have a euro, would ya? For a hostel like.