ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CITIZENSHIP DO AND DON'TS

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

CITIZENSHIP DO AND DON'TS

Post by nanette » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Hey,
just a piece of advice for those applying or those who have applied and still waiting. This is just coming from my own experience.

THE DOS
When you apply
1. Submit all documents as requested by INIS
2. write a letter that serves as a chart to guide them through copies of your passports
3. If you got a visa refused stamp in your passport, explain why and be honest
4. Every year when you get your P60 or request a P21, submit a copy to them
5. If you've changed your address, inform them in writing
6. if you employment situation changes(i.e: changed job), inform them in writing.
7. if you got married inform them in writing and submit mariage certificate
8. translate your brith certificate in English and submit it with a copy of the original (this has come as an issue to many and wasting time)
9. Ensure that you keep the same current bank account.
10. if you take loan or credit card, ensure that you take protection (insurance)
NOTE: if you cannot pay your debt, your insurance should cover you and you are not black listed somewhere or sued by the Bank.
11. Request an official SW letter stating if you are taking any payment and send it to INIS every that you are waiting (i.e: 2 years). this will speed up your processing.

11. Ensure that you keep and maintain a job.

THE DON'TS
1. Avoid problems with Garda
2. Do not drink or drive a car without insurance or tax or without driving license
3. If you are listed for TV license, just pay it. If you got a letter regarding this that you are being sued then contact them pay it and settle this.
4. Do not play the music loud a night to disturb your neighbours.
5. Do not take social welfare or benefits
NOTE: if your houseold needs a supplement income and that you are working, before you do that, contact INIS in writing to seek advice if this will affect...then at least you know.
6. Avoid getting in a fight and if this happens, ensure that Garda clears your name in writing and submit to INIS explaining the circumtances. This is being honest and that pays up later.

Feel free to add more....just helping.

Nana (proud Paddy, the girl to bitch)

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:32 am

Dont ever drink and drive.

csr

Post by csr » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:08 am

how about a Medical Card or GP card?
If one have any of these does that effect?

pranal
Newly Registered

Post by pranal » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:52 am

csr wrote:how about a Medical Card or GP card?
If one have any of these does that effect?
I have a medical card, and once caught drink driving and took social welfare for 3 weeks.

I am sure, I will not get the citizenship if i apply. I have completed my 7 years and was about to apply for citizenship and saw some of the posts which clarify, there is no chance of getting my citizenship approved.

I about 2 1/2 years ago lost my job,newly married, and financial difficulties,could'nt even afford to pay the rent,applied for social welfare and received for 3 weeks and canceled once i got the job.
During this period i was completely depressed and was caught drink driving, attended the court, was guilty and paid fine

sure these things happen once in lifetime, you get over it and move on.

Never realized, it would affect me so badly.

I applied for my LTR and year ago and am sure will also be refused with the history i have

donno what to do, had big ideas if i get the LTR,buy a house,start up new business etc

sure there is no hope.
donno what to do, leave the country or apply for citizenship, waste two years waiting for it to be refused and then leave

don't really know

mendo

Post by mendo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Hi Nanette,

Are you sure that you need to send the original translation of the birth certificate and not the certified copy of the translation?

Yes, we forgot to send the certified copy of the original birth certificate.

It looks that the translation has to be done in Ireland by a certified translator.

8. translate your brith certificate in English and submit it with a copy of the original (this has come as an issue to many and wasting time)
________
MERCEDES-BENZ SLK-CLASS SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by mendo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey Mendo,

I had translated my Birth certificate in English and sent the translated certified copied along with the Original "color" copy anyway.

Also at the translator office, if you need another copy it cost an extra 15 euros. Ideally, this will cost in total 60 euros as follow:

1. Translated copy to be sent to INIS (the first one cost 45 euros)
2. Reprint of the translated copy and certified and maybe use when applying for your passport (this will cost 15 euros).

This is me own experience.

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)

mendo wrote:Hi Nanette,

Are you sure that you need to send the original translation of the birth certificate and not the certified copy of the translation?

Yes, we forgot to send the certified copy of the original birth certificate.

It looks that the translation has to be done in Ireland by a certified translator.

mendo

Post by mendo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Thank you Nanette1

We've sent the documents again,

I've included a certified copy of the original birth certificate, a certified copy of the certified translation of the birth certificate and a certified copy of the marriage certificate.

You are right about the "write a letter that serves as a chart to guide them through copies of your passports ".

When we got the documents back first, there was a pink form with the residence history completed by them.

We were horrified by how many months they've missed each year, even though we had a chart explaining the stamps and the periods, plus the pages in the passports.

I've redone the letter in a more simple format and hope for the best.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Ketamine rehab forums
Last edited by mendo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi nanette
thats a great work u did to help every body
arsalan

IrishTom
BANNED

Re: CITIZENSHIP DO AND DON'TS

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:21 am

nanette wrote:Nana (proud Paddy, the girl to bitch)
Heres another to add to your list, if you are a naturalised citizen and not born an Irish citizen, please do not use facial terminology to describe us Irish people.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:19 am

Tom, don't be such an Amadán

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 pm

IrishTom wrote:
Heres another to add to your list, if you are a naturalised citizen and not born an Irish citizen, please do not use facial terminology to describe us Irish people.
Hey Tommy, there are moments when I just think that God should vomit on you....:)-

Nana

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:27 pm

nanette wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
Hey Tommy, there are moments when I just think that God should vomit on you....:)-

Nana
If I moved to Senegal or China, and acquired citizenship, I would not have the disrespect to state that I am proud to be a N***** or C****. In this day and age, where it seems if you cross a border that automatically your nationality changes and you become "Irish", anti Irish beloved is acceptable and indeed rife amongst foreigners.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:55 pm

IrishTom wrote:
nanette wrote:
IrishTom wrote:

Nana
If I moved to Senegal or China, and acquired citizenship, I would not have the disrespect to state that I am proud to be a N***** or C****. In this day and age, where it seems if you cross a border that automatically your nationality changes and you become "Irish", anti Irish beloved is acceptable and indeed rife amongst foreigners.

Tom, your point is taken, lets move on and help others, shall we ?

Nana (The Girl to bitch)

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:49 am

nanette wrote:Tom, your point is taken, lets move on and help others, shall we ?

Nana (The Girl to bitch)
Sound as a pound. Anyways, I am off to work. The wheels of this great nation need to be kept moving. The dole for the 100,000 odd thousand foreigners on the dole wont pay itself. We gotta keep them in the luxury they are used to. ;)

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:27 am

Irish Tom,
I'd say it's you who have the problem:
You give your location as "Occupied Dublin" and are bothered about people referring to your (OUR!) nationality in terms that most people would regard in the same way as calling a citizen of HMP Australia an Aussie, or an englishman a Pom.
And as for your comment about 100,000 foreign dole bludgers - kind of hypocritical, don't you think?!
Get over it!!!

Regards
(Irish) Tom4

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:11 pm

irishtom you dont OWN ireland! ok
as if you own it hahahahaha

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:30 pm

tom4 wrote: And as for your comment about 100,000 foreign dole bludgers - kind of hypocritical, don't you think?!
Care to explain your statement?

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:33 pm

smalltime wrote:irishtom you dont OWN ireland! ok
Read the consitution of the country you currently inhabit.

In the Name of the Most Holy Trinity, from Whom is all authority and to Whom, as our final end, all actions both of men and States must be referred,
We, the people of Éire,
Humbly acknowledging all our obligations to our Divine Lord, Jesus Christ, Who sustained our fathers through centuries of trial,
Gratefully remembering their heroic and unremitting struggle to regain the rightful independence of our Nation,
And seeking to promote the common good, with due observance of Prudence, Justice and Charity, so that the dignity and freedom of the individual may be assured, true social order attained, the unity of our country restored, and concord established with other nations,
Do hereby adopt, enact, and give to ourselves this Constitution.

http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/attached_fi ... reland.pdf

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:44 am

In the Name of the Most Holy Trinity, from Whom is all authority and to Whom, as our final end, all actions both of men and States must be referred,
We, the people of Éire,
Humbly acknowledging all our obligations to our Divine Lord, Jesus Christ, Who sustained our fathers through centuries of trial,
Gratefully remembering their heroic and unremitting struggle to regain the rightful independence of our Nation,
And seeking to promote the common good, with due observance of Prudence, Justice and Charity, so that the dignity and freedom of the individual may be assured, true social order attained, the unity of our country restored, and concord established with other nations,
wahahahawahaa did you really read the constitution for this reply hahahhhaa damn youre a genius

thus it say naturalisation? or immigration? family reunification? equal rights? etc etc

by the way read your post above carefully and you might learn somthin!

csr

Post by csr » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:17 pm

IrishTom wrote:
smalltime wrote:irishtom you dont OWN ireland! ok

We, the people of Éire,

http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/attached_fi ... reland.pdf
IrishTom,
IF YOU don't like NON-EU nationals getting Irish citizenship through the legal process provided by the Irish government, that's not our problem man, that's your problem, go to your government and beg to change all the rules and beg to stop giving citizenships to NON-EU people.
The object of this forum is to help each other, if you don't want to help keep silent and please don't spoil the thread/forum.
Have a good day friend.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:23 pm

IrishTom wrote:
But we are Irish people, Irish Tom. What else would you like non-irish to call us? Paddys, drunkards...?? I think "Irish People" is a perfectly, politically correct term to use!

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

jennybean wrote:
IrishTom wrote:
But we are Irish people, Irish Tom. What else would you like non-irish to call us? Paddys, drunkards...?? I think "Irish People" is a perfectly, politically correct term to use!
The OP used the term "Paddy".

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Dear IrishTom,

Why dont you show your big Patriotic heart to all the British television, followed by Hollywood. Nanette is used non dregotary fashion in funny manner never disrespect naturlised country. You have unnessarly barking at wrong tree once again.

If you still have time enough then write strongly worded letter Mr Kevin Myers.

or

My friend paddy says KOP THE FEK ON!