ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Debt problems

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pinklover
Newly Registered

Debt problems

Post by pinklover » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi all,

So I've decided to apply for naturalisation soon but am a bit unsure about my how my finiancial situation will affect my application.

Basically, I've been earning good money before and offered lots of credit e.g. loan, credit cards etc. I've kept good payment previously until I have to change jobs and now earning a lot less than before. So, I've just missed 1 month's payment to my creditors. I'm busy negotiating a lower repayment plan and ask them to freeze my interest. There is no CCJ or default against me as yet.

So my question is will this affect my chance of success and do I need to declare it on the forms concerning my character etc?

Thanks for any help!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:58 pm

If there is no CCJ issued it shouldn't affect your application. However, if you're not able to make your credit repayments, how will you pay the
£720 application BC application fee?

pinklover
Newly Registered

Post by pinklover » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:04 pm

I did saved up the fee enough for my application. I would like to apply sooner than later because if they do eventually take me to court about it than I might not even have the chance to apply..so this is the priority and that's why I partly saved and borrow the money for the fees.

So, should I mention it honestly that I've missed payment or not on the forms?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:35 pm

If I where you I'd pay the debts off first before spending money on something that can wait.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pinklover
Newly Registered

Post by pinklover » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 pm

I think everyone have their own reason and the truth is, it'll probably take me another 10 years to repay the huge debts..so before I get a bad mark on my records, I rather get this done before it is too late..so in my situation, it is something I cannot afford to wait.

Thanks

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Pinklover,

Have just sent you a pm.

Biggie.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Biggie wrote:Pinklover,

Have just sent you a pm.

Biggie.
Not a loan shark are you, Biggie? Don't do it Pinklover, look at the mess Joe McIntyre is in on Coronation Street....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

pinklover
Newly Registered

Post by pinklover » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:44 am

I might be naive but I definitely won't fall for that!! :lol:

Just checked my credit report and so far everything is still satisfactory and no late payment recorded as yet. So, I'll get my application in as soon as I pass my test on the 19th and hope for the best!

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:35 am

pinklover wrote:I might be naive but I definitely won't fall for that!! :lol:

Just checked my credit report and so far everything is still satisfactory and no late payment recorded as yet. So, I'll get my application in as soon as I pass my test on the 19th and hope for the best!

hello mate!!! can you help me out plz ...how did you apply for your credit report plz ..i want to do it fo my self ...thanks

thuf79
Newly Registered

Post by thuf79 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:45 am