ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

had ENOUGH of waiting for Certificate of Approval (CoA)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Juv
BANNED

had ENOUGH of waiting for Certificate of Approval (CoA)

Post by Juv » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 am

Hi everybody. It's been more than 3 month now since I have been waiting for HO to be kind enough to LET me get married.
I have no idea why instead of dragging their feet (WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME???) they wouldn't just refuse the application (so i can go home and try my only other option) or at least say what is wrong with it??!!! I'm so tired of waiting. Got my ticket and ready to go home.

Anyway, does anyone know the fax number where i can send for my docs to be returned? I feel like I will lose it and start screaming if i speak to any of them on the phone.... Thank you guys.

katiepop

Post by katiepop » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Don't want to upset you more but I received a response to my COA complaint letter today......

They are working through the applications in date order unless they think you have urgent compassionate circumstances. Due to a backlog they are currently working through June 2009 applications. I applied end of July so I'm hoping I don't have much longer left to wait. Unfortunately I'm estimating that you have another 4 months to wait.

They sent my passport back within a couple of days when I complained by letter so maybe you could write to them to get your documents back. I'm not sure what fax number you could use :-(

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:53 am

Thank you so much for info my dear, I hope you get yours soon. I wish you all the best! xx

Giff
Newly Registered

Post by Giff » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:26 am

I dont understand how they can give that as a valid reason

I applied for my COA in the first week of September 2009 and received the approval in the first week of October 2009 (4 weeks).

Surely, if it was done in date order I would still be waiting???

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 am

Giff wrote:I dont understand how they can give that as a valid reason

I applied for my COA in the first week of September 2009 and received the approval in the first week of October 2009 (4 weeks).

Surely, if it was done in date order I would still be waiting???
You do not understand the way the Civil Service works?
Join the club!

katiepop

Post by katiepop » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:46 pm

I know other people that had it in four weeks as well but I'm guessing it just depends where the applicant is from. I think I'm the second class application queue. I just hope it doesn't get refused!!!!!!! I don't know what to do then......

imanesmama
BANNED

Post by imanesmama » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:20 am

We got ours in just under 4 weeks also.
Hope you all get yours soon.

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:44 am

since noone knows the fax number, will have to call them myself...all this had caused me too much heartache by now. i cannot take this anymore. thank you and good luck to everyone!

moma

Post by moma » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:44 pm

when i was tired of waiting and wanted to return home i just called the PEO 0870 number and told them i waned to withdraw and they did it all for me they might instruct u on what to do or give u further number to call. u could get ur stuff within a week and u can always call them and ask for ur stuff back mind if ur partner sent passport then they need him/her to call themself.funny that my friend was refused a COA then with two months was given a ILR.

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:59 pm

katiepop wrote:Don't want to upset you more but I received a response to my COA complaint letter today......

They are working through the applications in date order unless they think you have urgent compassionate circumstances. Due to a backlog they are currently working through June 2009 applications. I applied end of July so I'm hoping I don't have much longer left to wait. Unfortunately I'm estimating that you have another 4 months to wait.

They sent my passport back within a couple of days when I complained by letter so maybe you could write to them to get your documents back. I'm not sure what fax number you could use :-(

Somebody with legasy case applied in June 2009,he got COA on 21 January 2010

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Juv, our COA was decided in exactly 4 weeks. We applied in March 09.

Still waiting on the damned EEA2 Residence Card though :roll:

best of luck in your battle with the HO :)

ld10

Post by ld10 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 pm

katiepop wrote:Don't want to upset you more but I received a response to my COA complaint letter today......

I applied as well end of july,heard the same storys from solicitor,who without visa waiting 5+ months others 2-3 months,also who applied before december 2009 waiting longer(dont know why),and someone got his COA few days ago after applying middle november(was without visa!!!!)so dont know in what to believe anymore.(my reception,wedding was planned in december,sent them letter asking to speed up,no response)...still waiting :evil:

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:09 pm

Thank you everyone for info and kind wishes...
I think I know how COA service works now: a bunch of not very bright students on minimum wage (since COA is free now) decide if people can get married, staring at their photos and bills for at least 3 month, taking long tea breaks and hoping the backlog they've created would clear up itself.
Anyway, to withdraw your application, one has to call the 0870 number, no fax number needed.
Good luck in your battles, I have no desire to fight with this idiots anymore.

kmmk
Newly Registered

Post by kmmk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Hello everyone! Im new here:)
We sent COA application in July, then in August they ask us for affidavit so we sent them back and still waiting :/
It has been 6 months now. Im tired of waiting :(

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:03 pm

kmmk wrote:Hello everyone! Im new here:)
We sent COA application in July, then in August they ask us for affidavit so we sent them back and still waiting :/
I'm sorry that's really awful. If it makes you feel better, it's very rare that a COA would be refused. Hang in there!
I tell it like it is.

kmmk
Newly Registered

Post by kmmk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 pm

Thank you ElenaW :)
I dont know what we can do? I phoned them 2 times and they said we have to wait !
I heard about MP do you think its good idea go there? Someone told m e if MP write a letter to HO they have to replay them.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:49 pm

kmmk wrote:Thank you ElenaW :)
I dont know what we can do? I phoned them 2 times and they said we have to wait !
I heard about MP do you think its good idea go there? Someone told m e if MP write a letter to HO they have to replay them.
Yeah deffinitely try getting your mp involved, it certainly couldn't hurt. It may light a fire under their asses.
I tell it like it is.

kmmk
Newly Registered

Post by kmmk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Ok thank you ! I hope they ll heplp me. Good luck to everyone :)

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:22 am

kmmk wrote:Hello everyone! Im new here:)

Also we applied at the end of july.the same story:they are working on backlog!we recently involved an MP ,they said the same think.
we have to wait and wait.

I guess they have too many breaks for tea and smoking!they are very bureucratic bunch of people.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:15 am

too many asylum seekers!

Juv
BANNED

Post by Juv » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Hey guys. so as you remember I was going to withdraw my application and apply for fiance visa back home. Called this solicitor (new solicitor, better informed than my usual one) to ask for a fax number to do so and was told that if one has a good reason for the application to be speeded up, they can possibly (only possibly!) consider it quicker. And since my ticket is already booked (i have to go for medical treatment in my country), i followed his advice and guess what? I received my COA! I cannot believe it! Still, I cannot tell for sure if that letter helped or it was just my turn.
So, if you have a VALID reason with PROOF, i suggest you do the same. It has to be more than 14 weeks obviously. I highly recommend this solicitor, wish i contacted him earlier!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Juv wrote:Hey guys. so as you remember I was going to withdraw my application and apply for fiance visa back home. Called this solicitor (new solicitor, better informed than my usual one) to ask for a fax number to do so and was told that if one has a good reason for the application to be speeded up, they can possibly (only possibly!) consider it quicker. And since my ticket is already booked (i have to go for medical treatment in my country), i followed his advice and guess what? I received my COA! I cannot believe it! Still, I cannot tell for sure if that letter helped or it was just my turn.
So, if you have a VALID reason with PROOF, i suggest you do the same. It has to be more than 14 weeks obviously. I highly recommend this solicitor, wish i contacted him earlier!
Congrats!! that's great news!
I tell it like it is.

hamid84
Member of Standing

Post by hamid84 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Lucky you Juv and congrats.

My partner applied for COA in October. After 6 weeks HO requested for Affifavit which we sent with in a week along other documents and still waiting.

What can i do to speed up the process?
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:24 pm

hamid84 wrote:Lucky you Juv and congrats.

My partner applied for COA in October. After 6 weeks HO requested for Affifavit which we sent with in a week along other documents and still waiting.

What can i do to speed up the process?

I applied at the end of July 2009,still waiting for COA!
Any success?

ld10

Post by ld10 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 am

I applied at the end of July 2009,still waiting for COA!
Any success?[/quote]

Same as me,(applied end of july),no news,nothing,still waiting!!!!!!
my girlfriend wants to go on holliday,called them about passport and asked about my COA ,they say its in the procces and passport will send in 10 days,its already 7 month.CRAZY!!!!!!! Its affecting all my plans and frustraiting relationship with my wife to be.