ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appointemnts for dependents over 18

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi,
Can any one please confirm how to book appointements for dependents over 18? Is it only by phone? or via an agent, if so are they reliable and how much is their fee?
In online system it says you cannot include family member over 18 yrs. and I never find a slot any way, plenty of single ones though are visible.
Thanks
best regards

choled60
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by choled60 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:21 am

Hi,
It is easier to get it if you know the strategy. I was in the same situation as you and got my family appointment and that of my over children on two ocassion cos I made a mistake. You may contact me for infomation.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks for your help choled60.

You do say that a separate appointment needs booking(online) for dependents over 18yrs. I have two of them.
Can anyone confirm that this can be done as a family group appointemnt including over 18s, only on phone?
It is definitely a hassle if separate appointments are needed for over 18yrs.
Many thanks

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:09 pm

hi can i book a family appointment for dependants over 18???

choled60
Newly Registered

Post by choled60 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:51 am

Yes, you have to make separate appointments for over 18's. I am in the same situation. I contacted the home office and a staff confirmed that over 18 will require a separate application with a separate appointment. It is easier to get a single appointment than family. The single appointment SHOULD come after the main applicant.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:58 am

I dont understand this discrepancy, I was offered a family slot for my over 18 yr olds, not once but on two occasions, I declined only as the date was too early for me. They said to call later and that dependents do not need to come separately.
I think you do have to emphasise that this is all one family, they sometimes take over 18 yr olds as other family members, as the person explained to me.

Just call for a family appointment, give everyone's name and date of birth, and you will be given one appointment.

Best regards