ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Expat with my company relocated abroad HELP PLEASE!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rolozamora
Newly Registered

ILR Expat with my company relocated abroad HELP PLEASE!

Post by rolozamora » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:49 am

Hi All,

I am a HSMP holder falling under the judicial review category. I have completed over 4.5 years of continuous employment in the UK. The last summer my company asked me to relocate to China to oversee work on our Beijing office and although I return to the UK every three months I'm afraid that my days out of the UK are pretty high, including one period over 90 days.

I still get paid in the UK and pay my taxes accordingly and have all my payslips and P60's in order.

Do you people think that a letter from my company stating that all travels to China are work related will be enough for the case worker to grant me the ILR?

I have an in-person appointment at the end of March in Liverpool and I am a bit nervous about the whole days-out situation...

On the other hand I wonder if the case worker actually cross checks all exit and entry stamps on the passport to verify the number of days out; it took me at least three hours to figure it out myself besides the fact that the UK doesn't stamp passports on exit.

Thanks for your advice and insights.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:22 am

you shouldn't worry as you still get paid in the UK. company letter is required though and maybe (imho) a copy of your contract.

it's better if you put a list (not on application but separate excell or similar) of departure-arrival dates with passport pages number next to each entry where you have the stamps.

checking dates vary from person to person (or is it from officer to officer? :) ) but noone can deny that they DO check the absence. having thsi list with dates and pagee numbers will make life easier for everybody, mainly for yourself

bare in mind that you can't be away on expat package from the UK to get naturalized, i think....