ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent-Tier 1 Dependant Visa Extension of Stay

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pranjam

Urgent-Tier 1 Dependant Visa Extension of Stay

Post by pranjam » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:06 am

Hi,

I am in the UK on HSMP visa along with my wife. Both of us are in full time employment here. I am going to apply for an extension of stay under TIER1 for me and my wife. I have bank statements that show that I have enough funds for both me and my wife but on the home office website it says this

The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants.

I am showing the bank statements with my application does this mean I cannot use the same statements as proof of maintenance funds for my dependant's application as well. I am applying for the dependant along with my application. What proof should I provide in such a case , do I need to provide another set of statements covering the last three months for the same account separately just for her?

I am going to apply next week so any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: Urgent-Tier 1 Dependant Visa Extension of Stay

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:10 am

No, you are fine showing the same statement for both yourself and your wife as long as you have enough funds to cover both your maintenance funds.

I hope you are also planning to provide some proof of marriage along with some utilitiy bills, tenancy agreement showing both your name and your wife's name to show that you are living together.
pranjam wrote:Hi,

I am in the UK on HSMP visa along with my wife. Both of us are in full time employment here. I am going to apply for an extension of stay under TIER1 for me and my wife. I have bank statements that show that I have enough funds for both me and my wife but on the home office website it says this

The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants.

I am showing the bank statements with my application does this mean I cannot use the same statements as proof of maintenance funds for my dependant's application as well. I am applying for the dependant along with my application. What proof should I provide in such a case , do I need to provide another set of statements covering the last three months for the same account separately just for her?

I am going to apply next week so any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent-Tier 1 Dependant Visa Extension of Stay

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:20 am

pranjam wrote: The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants.
No, you can use 1set of bankstatements with enough funds for both of you..

the above quoted statement means.. that if you should not use the same funds/money (not account) to show funds for your wife also..

pranjam

Post by pranjam » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:06 am

Thanks Guys,

I have more than 1600 which should be fine (800+533=1333)

I am showing my marriage certificate from india will that do as proof of marriage or do I need to show my tenancy agreement also which has both of our names

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:43 am

pranjam wrote:Thanks Guys,

I am showing my marriage certificate from india will that do as proof of marriage or do I need to show my tenancy agreement also which has both of our names
For Tier1/HSMP extension Tenancy agreement is not required..

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Marriage certificate is okie , no need of tenancy agreement.

all the best.

alladin

Post by alladin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:38 pm

kiranchinnu wrote:

Marriage certificate is okie , no need of tenancy agreement.

all the best.
Hello Guys,

I have question about the dependent maintanence. I am here in the UK for last 2 years and will be applying for wife as dependent. I have extended my stay till 2013.

Is it ok if I have an equivalent amount of 533 GBP in my wife's indian bank account for the 3 months before I apply and another 800 GBP in my bank account in UK??

Please reply since I overlooked the guidance notes and was of the thought that I just need to maintain 533 for her. I didn't notice that I also needed to maintain 800 GBP.

A reply would be much appreciated.

thanks,
alladin

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:43 pm

alladin wrote: Is it ok if I have an equivalent amount of 533 GBP in my wife's indian bank account for the 3 months before I apply and another 800 GBP in my bank account in UK??
yes, it is Ok to show maintenance in this way.. pls mention the same in Dependents cover letter..

alladin

Post by alladin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:18 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
alladin wrote: Is it ok if I have an equivalent amount of 533 GBP in my wife's indian bank account for the 3 months before I apply and another 800 GBP in my bank account in UK??
yes, it is Ok to show maintenance in this way.. pls mention the same in Dependents cover letter..
thanks for your quick reply. I had seen the following information available at

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#20836419

which seemed to be appropriate for persons applying from outside the UK and didn't try to look at the doc by ukba.
Here it doesn't mention anything about the 800 GBP for self maintanence.

Anyways trying to go the safe way.

thanks,
alladin

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:32 pm

alladin wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

which seemed to be appropriate for persons applying from outside the UK and didn't try to look at the doc by ukba.

thanks,
alladin
Better be safe than sorry mate..

alladin

Post by alladin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:35 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
alladin wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

thanks,
alladin

yuup.

thanks,

alladin

Post by alladin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
alladin wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:

thanks,
alladin
Hello ramesh,

anyways my fate is sealed regarding this thing since my tickets are booked. I will be getting married in april and was planning to apply for the dependent as soon as get the certificate. I was funds above 533, but not above 1000.

What I wanted to say is in the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/ , above the links to the guidance notes, it specifically say as "Dependants of points-based system migrants - for applications made inside the United Kingdom"

This is waht made me not to look into those section, and could be my possible argument
:(

anyways lets see what happens.

thanks,
alladin

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 pm

alladin wrote:
Hello ramesh,

anyways my fate is sealed regarding this thing since my tickets are booked. I will be getting married in april and was planning to apply for the dependent as soon as get the certificate. I was funds above 533, but not above 1000.

What I wanted to say is in the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/ , above the links to the guidance notes, it specifically say as "Dependants of points-based system migrants - for applications made inside the United Kingdom"

This is waht made me not to look into those section, and could be my possible argument
:( anyways lets see what happens.

thanks,
alladin
I agree with you but i understand that your dependents bank account has min required 533£ and your bank account have min required 800£'s in that case you are safe and good to go..

but to speak on ur behalf.. recently i have heard from 2applicants that when they applied for their dependent "KIDS" they showed only maintenance funds for the kids only 533£ and their visa's are approved..

But i did not hear the same for spouse? And i want you to be on safe side because u dont want to dissapoint your newly wed wife for sure.. :D

so take wise decision and dont take chances..

alladin

Post by alladin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
alladin wrote:
Hello ramesh,

:( anyways lets see what happens.

thanks,
alladin
I agree with you but i understand that your dependents bank account has min required 533£ and your bank account have min required 800£'s in that case you are safe and good to go..

but to speak on ur behalf.. recently i have heard from 2applicants that when they applied for their dependent "KIDS" they showed only maintenance funds for the kids only 533£ and their visa's are approved..

But i did not hear the same for spouse? And i want you to be on safe side because u dont want to dissapoint your newly wed wife for sure.. :D

so take wise decision and dont take chances..
thank you for the message. anyways will update what ever the result is.

cheers,
alladin