ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 pm

oluwa112 wrote:well my spring just snapped!

Got another e-mail from Vivan Again...

And was told that an MP is the only one that can get Ombudsman to investigate UKBA! Well I am screwed I got an MP who Give F*** all about his constituency since he aint seeking re-election. The Man is Elusive! Unless I go to House of Parliament in Westminster I really have no hope!

So i am back to square 1 and Wondering why when I called to update my address with UKBA, I was Put on Hold, then asked to give my phone Number. This has never happened Before!

And the Plot thickens and the whole situation is just as elusive as the day I had my PEO appointment back in August!

Maybe I can do something though my MP. I was planning to write a general complaint to my MP on behalf of all 10-year applicants, the treatments they recieve and the difficulties they find themselves in. Fortunately my MP does seem to care. Plus I think it would be more beneficial if MPs knew that many people are in this situation rather than a select few. I dont really understand the Ombusman stuff though, not up on politics i'm afraid. Could you explain?

apagun
Newly Registered

Post by apagun » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:22 am

@ oluwa..

i suggest you fill in the ombudsman form and send it to the westminster office of your mp by recorded delivery.he will definitely have a personal assistance that deals with such things. then you can make a follow up call to the office in westminster.

i sent a letter to my mp's office in westminster and 2 days later i was called by someone from his constituency office.

oluwa112

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am Free

Post by oluwa112 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:54 pm

I am Free people!! I thank You all for your support and I thank God for Answered Prayers!!!

Mr MP... I don't need you anymore!

For those that know my situation I went PEO in Liverpool. Paid Premium but didn't get same day service due to supposed complications.

Well on my Acknowledgment Letter my Interviewing officer signed off with her Full Name rather than the Generic UKBA sign off. I guess Perks of the premium service.

Well I e-mailed Her on Friday 12th Feb and told her about my 6moths 1 week and 1 day wait and hoping and praying that each day i wake up will be the end of my misery.

Well at 2.20pm today, i got a reply back from her today as follows:

"I'm glad to inform you that I have finally been able to get a decision made on your application. Once again please accept my apologies for the delays you have had, but as I have explained unfortunately further enquiries needed to be made. These enquiries have now been completed and a decision has been made and your documents have been despatched back to you today so you will receive them within the next couple of days. Plus I'm sure when you receive your decision and application you will be happy with the outcome, and this will in some way make the delay and problems caused worth while.

Once again please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused. "

Her SUMMARY DEFINITELY MEANS ITS A YES!!

People I am free! I will be at my door every morning cos i dont want to red letter sorry we missed you!! I want to hold my Passport ASAP and sleep with it under my pillow!!! :D

Moral of the story, I think even if you think ur situation is complex still book your same day appointment if you can get one. Its 50/50.. you either get approved or like me declined but have a point of contact. If i didn't have that UKBA officers Full Name i would not have been able to e-mail an internal contact rather than the general inquires e-mail.

When I get my passport I will update my Timeline Properly dont know if it was back dated or it will be from 2day since my application was only look at after i e-mailed her. I got a notification that she read my e-mail at 9am today and 2.20pm today she confirms a decision was made!!

oluwa112

yayyyyyy!!! me again

Post by oluwa112 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Wow! what an amazing 24hrs, From Hope to lost hope!

And then Today Full blazing light of hope!!!

@ Kindley your congratulations i guess was a lil premature, but it counts now! So here is a delayed thank you or timely Thank you :wink:

Off to gym people to work off this excitement before i hurt myself!

Again apologies for clogging up the topic all of yesterday and today it seems... :)

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:56 pm

congratulations Oluwa, I am glad to hear about positive outcome of your application after 6 months

foxy

Post by foxy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Congrats Oluwa - high time we had another ILR 10 year success story around here :-)

Well done indeed.

kindley

Re: yayyyyyy!!! me again

Post by kindley » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 pm

oluwa112 wrote:Wow! what an amazing 24hrs, From Hope to lost hope!

And then Today Full blazing light of hope!!!

@ Kindley your congratulations i guess was a lil premature, but it counts now! So here is a delayed thank you or timely Thank you :wink:

Off to gym people to work off this excitement before i hurt myself!

Again apologies for clogging up the topic all of yesterday and today it seems... :)
Oluwa congratulations. I honestly sensed it coming yesterday. I really thought they wouldn't need your phone number if they weren't gonna grant you ILR.

I am so happy for you.

You deserved it...

Hope everyone, including myself get good news soon too.

Enjoy yourself....

Congratulations once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I've sent you a PM, hope u can reply soon.

Thanks
Last edited by kindley on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

skykive
Newly Registered

Post by skykive » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:23 pm

congratulations Oluwa, enjoy your new life in UK :lol:

haha

Post by haha » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Oluwa, The lengthy waiting time is finally over. Many congratulations to you!

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Thank You all!!

I feel like such a drama queen... Every other post is from me!!

I will be sleeping on the couch awaiting my Happy Decision!!

Cant wait to Update my Timeline and Migrate to the Citizenship Topics :)

apagun
Newly Registered

Post by apagun » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 pm

@ oluwa, congratulations oooooooooooooooooooooooo.

please how did u get the email address for the lady at the home office.for mine, i ve got the name only but no email.

CLS
Newly Registered

Post by CLS » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 pm

Congratulations - hope the rest 10 year long residency applicants will hear positive decisions soon.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 pm

apagun wrote:@ oluwa, congratulations oooooooooooooooooooooooo.

please how did u get the email address for the lady at the home office.for mine, i ve got the name only but no email.
If you have a name you got an e-mail address!

Firstname.Lastname@ukba.gsi.gov.uk - will be the person's email address.

And thank you once again! :D

aman5

Post by aman5 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:56 pm

Some law firms are saying same day premium services are available for 10 years continuous legal stay ILR while other law firms are saying they do not have slots from Home office for this as Home Office has withdrawn same day premium service facility for 10 years continuous legal stay ILR from 1st Jan 2010.

With wait for 24 weeks plus for ILR applications by post, could some member help who has been able to get an appointment (himself/herself or through a law firm and/or an agent) from 1st Jan 2010 onwards with the Home Office for the same day premium service for '10 years continuous legal stay ILR' application?

If yes, please could you point me to the right direction as to whom to contact for this purpose?

2-3 firms I contacted seemed very shady and did not give me satisfactory answer. One does not want to give money to someone for same day premium service only to later find out that firm and/or agent was a fraud.

Any feedback/help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

oluwa112

FORMAL SIGN OFF.... 10 Year Lawful Long residence

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Application Date at PEO Liverpool - 10th August 2010 (Payment and Acknowledgment same day)

Due to complications Same day application rejected ( I will give details in a New Thread For future applicants)

So back to TimeLine:

Application, Payment, Acknowledgment - 10 August 2010 in Liverpool
E-mailed Interview officer - 12th Feb 2010
Interview officer replied with Confirmation of Decision - 17th Feb 2010
ILR Issued and Accompanying Letter- 17 Feb 2010
Location - Liverpool
Passport Arrives - 18th Feb 2010 12noon

Thank You all once again... Now I officially Migrate to the Citizenship Topics.

To My 10 years Applicant Family... I will continue to have you in Prayers. Its seems we are treated extra special compared to the other Legal Routes... As you can see my case is extra special too!
:D

Take care and God Bless!

oluwa112

10 Years Lawful Residence Track List

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi all those who are waiting for ILR under the 10 year rule. The tracking list has not been done for a while so I have decided to update it.

Rajj applied on 15/07/09 and got it on 17/12/09 WAITED FOR 22weeks
Haha applied on 24/07/09 and got it on 25/11/09 WAITED FOR 17 weeks
Sheng applied on 05/08/09 and is still waiting: now 29 weeks
Oluwa112 applied 10/08/08 and got it on 17/02/10: WAITED FOR 28.5 Weeks
Croydon applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 27 weeks
Kingie67 applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 27 weeks
Foxy applied 24/08/09 and is till waiting: now 26 weeks
CLS appplied 27/08/09 and is still waiting: now 25.5 weeks
Terriblefish applied 08/09/09 and still waiting: now 24 weeks
Taylondon applied 11/09/09 and is still waiting: now 23.5 weeks

3 out of 10... List is just as depressing as ever!!

Good Luck Guys and Hopefully you will all hear back soon.

badbug27
Newly Registered

Re: 10 Years Lawful Residence Track List

Post by badbug27 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Guys, I see a lot of ILR under 10 yr rule statistics. Are there any available for SET (O) under 5 year rule (WP and Tier 2). I will truly appreciate if someone can get back to me. My situation is as follows:

Application sent: 08 Dec 2009
Payment taken: 09 Dec 09
Ack received: 10 Dec 09

waiting now. Have contacted MP, who has written to HO as I need to travel for work.
oluwa112 wrote:Hi all those who are waiting for ILR under the 10 year rule. The tracking list has not been done for a while so I have decided to update it.

Rajj applied on 15/07/09 and got it on 17/12/09 WAITED FOR 22weeks
Haha applied on 24/07/09 and got it on 25/11/09 WAITED FOR 17 weeks
Sheng applied on 05/08/09 and is still waiting: now 29 weeks
Oluwa112 applied 10/08/08 and got it on 17/02/10: WAITED FOR 28.5 Weeks
Croydon applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 27 weeks
Kingie67 applied 17/08/09 and is still waiting: now 27 weeks
Foxy applied 24/08/09 and is till waiting: now 26 weeks
CLS appplied 27/08/09 and is still waiting: now 25.5 weeks
Terriblefish applied 08/09/09 and still waiting: now 24 weeks
Taylondon applied 11/09/09 and is still waiting: now 23.5 weeks

3 out of 10... List is just as depressing as ever!!

Good Luck Guys and Hopefully you will all hear back soon.

Jayceesh

Post by Jayceesh » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 am

Congrats Oluwa

I am well chuffed for you bro!!! Been watching out for your case and its nice to see it come to a wonderful conclusion.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Jayceesh wrote:Congrats Oluwa

I am well chuffed for you bro!!! Been watching out for your case and its nice to see it come to a wonderful conclusion.
Thank You!! and I am a Sis not a Bro! :)

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:18 pm

I thought you were a man Oluwa since I join this site lol blimey i do not know how did i get that idea.
i congratulate u again
I hope I will write my good news soon

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:29 pm

taylondon wrote:I thought you were a man Oluwa since I join this site lol blimey i do not know how did i get that idea.
i congratulate u again
I hope I will write my good news soon

LMAO... I wonder what in my posts gave me made me sound like a Fella!

I hope you hear good news too and looking forward to more Long Residence success stories.

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:02 am

i'm about to apply for Set(o) from 4 years under HSMP JR.

Initially was going to send in a postal application like i did with my HSMP and HSMP extensions but after reading some of the previous posts regarding ILR - they seemed kinda bleak so I've decided to pay the extra £200 and go for premium same day service.

Today, i managed to book an appmt at Croydon PEO for next Friday afternoon. My application seems pretty straight forward and have all my supporting docs so fingers crossed.

Romanian_HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Romanian_HSMP » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:02 am

Hello everybody,

Info about my app:

Application type: ILR HSMP JR
Application date: Aug 2009
Dependant: 1
Results received: Feb 2010 ( almost 7 months)
Backdated letter but only for the main applicant.

After a long and painful waiting I’ve got my passports back yesterday; I don’t understand why it took UKBA such a long time to reach a conclusion; it was the most simple and straight forward decision that they had to take.

Calling UKBA every other day and getting the same useless answer was very very frustating.

3 weeks ago I asked my company to send a letter to explain to the UKBA that I need my passports back as I have to attend to a business meeting abroad. I’m not sure how much importance this letter had in speeding up the resolution for my application.

Goodluck

fatcat
Newly Registered

Post by fatcat » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:09 pm

My Timelines for ILR under HSMP JR

Application Posted : January 5th
Application Recieved : January 6th
Fee Deducted : January 6th
Ack Letter Recieved: January 8th
Passport with ILR stamped Recieved : 19th February

apagun
Newly Registered

Post by apagun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:48 pm

this people are taking us for a real fool.What do they mean by your application is with the caseworking unit ? is that unit in heaven , hell or on earth here that an application can spend ages with them.
Please can somebody let me know who this people are ?