ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiancee visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marty

fiancee visa

Post by marty » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:03 pm

Hi there.
i would like to know why a fiancee visa application could be refused ? wat Home office is looking for to not granted it ?
thanx

vinny

fiancee visa

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:10 pm

The visa may be refused if you don't qualify or if there are some other grounds for refusal.

See also 13.4 - Fiancé(e)s/proposed civil partners and how they qualify and Chapter 9 Refusals
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

frances2

Post by frances2 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi

I think you need to be more specific about your circumstances because visas can be refused for a million and one reasons.

If you explain yourself, you'll find people really helpful about your situation, that's certainly what I've found.

marty

Post by marty » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:18 pm

frances2 wrote:Hi

I think you need to be more specific about your circumstances because visas can be refused for a million and one reasons.

If you explain yourself, you'll find people really helpful about your situation, that's certainly what I've found.
yeah i just wondering if they gonna refused my application if i got a new passport which is without showing my previous visa and stamps etc.. but all the rest i can provide is Ok. just that that previous passport was changed coz of damaged one . so i dont know if they got a copy at british embassy to see reference number of visa and exact date of expiring . marty

frances2

Post by frances2 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:32 pm

On the form for fiance visa, it asks for previous passport numbers, so they'll be able to check your records. They also require information of all previous visa applications, with reference numbers. Plus you can submit photocopies of the visas in your previous passport.

Having a new passport couldn't possibly be a reason for visa refusal. Providing your last passport wasn't dodgy! :wink:

marty

Post by marty » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:36 pm

frances2 wrote:On the form for fiance visa, it asks for previous passport numbers, so they'll be able to check your records. They also require information of all previous visa applications, with reference numbers. Plus you can submit photocopies of the visas in your previous passport.

Having a new passport couldn't possibly be a reason for visa refusal. Providing your last passport wasn't dodgy! :wink:
yeah i know but my previous passport was damaged ( washing machine)so i couldnt see anymore dates or stamps and reference number for my previous visa .!! so i dont know if they got still reference number at british high commission where they gave me that visa in 2004. and i havent got any copy here of my old passport.

marty

get married in canada

Post by marty » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:13 pm

hi there.
im canadian citizen and i would like to get married to my boyfriend who is living in the uk and is a uk citizen. We would like to get married in canada and then go to live in the UK. Do i need to be his sponsor in canada? which visa he needs etc..? i need some advice how to proceed pls.
thanx all

mackenrob
Newly Registered

Post by mackenrob » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:47 am

Hi, I am new to this site, but I am or have been in your situation. You'll see why.

I married a girl from the UK in 2002. We were married here in Canada. We first applied for her Permit Resident Status(which is what your boyfriend will need in order to stay and work here) in August of 2002 when we were not yet married. The process was very long and drawn out. We were married in November of 2002, and this information was added to our application. It was not until May of 2003 that my wife received her permanent resident status.

My advice to you is to look in to immigration laws and permanent resident status applications for Canada. Do this now. Plan ahead as we did not.

Canada, at the time, set priorities on what applications they would accept. When we first applied, the priority was on adoptions, and not until about April of 2003 was the priority for married partners. This will have an effect on how long your application takes.

As to moving to England. I am now in the process of applying for my settlement visa. It seems to be a lot easier, more straight forward, and from what I can see, will take a lot less time to complete. Having said that, you should read up on requirements and start to prepare for them.

Hope this helps.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:11 am

What time frame are you thinking?

Do you want him to come for a few weeks, get married, then go to the UK?

Shouldn't be very difficult.

However, if he wants to come to Canada for a long time, (6 months, a year or two) first, then see above.

Once you are married, you need to apply for a UK spouse visa (from Canada) so you can enter the UK. That process is fairly quick, so long as there aren't any complicating factors.

the Admin
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice

marty

Post by marty » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:29 pm

yeah it seems easy .. but can we get married without any problems if he is coming visiting me. does he need to make some application for a visa or something? As im on social benefit at the moment i think it wud be a problem no? Do i need to sponsor him to just get married here ( not living here after) or if its simple do we just need to go to register office and get married?
thanx.

marty

applying for fiancee visa with a baby

Post by marty » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi there.
I want to apply for a fiancee visa ( im canadian citizen living in canada) and (boyfriend is UK citizen living in UK). We want to live together in Uk after i give birth to our baby in canada. (gonna have a baby in april).Now i wonder if when i will apply for fiancee visa wat requirements i will need as i will have a baby when i applying? All other requirements we got it : proof of knowing each other very much in love, morgage, letters, pictures, etc. Just wondering wat papers i would need for the baby?
Thank you all

marty

how much money need for fiance visa

Post by marty » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 pm

i would like to know how much money in bank account we need to show (me and boyfriend together) if we apply for finacee visa cause we got a baby 1 year old ? thank you all.

JAJ
Australia

Re: applying for fiancee visa with a baby

Post by JAJ » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:13 pm

marty wrote:Hi there.
I want to apply for a fiancee visa ( im canadian citizen living in canada) and (boyfriend is UK citizen living in UK). We want to live together in Uk after i give birth to our baby in canada. (gonna have a baby in april).Now i wonder if when i will apply for fiancee visa wat requirements i will need as i will have a baby when i applying? All other requirements we got it : proof of knowing each other very much in love, morgage, letters, pictures, etc. Just wondering wat papers i would need for the baby?
Thank you all
Take a look at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk for information on the visa.

Baby should be a British citizen (by descent) so just needs a British passport (plus Canadian passport). Was the father born in the U.K.?

Make sure father is shown as parent on child's Canadian birth certificate.

marty

Post by marty » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:49 pm

yeah the father is UK citizen born in Uk . But me im canadian and im gonna have the baby in canada. Father's name is going to be on birth certificate. I will apply for canadian passport for the baby soon as i can but i dont know if i can apply for british passport too??can i ?

And if the father is not on birth certificate is it difficult to apply for fiancee visa after or its the same.??

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:12 pm

marty wrote:yeah the father is UK citizen born in Uk . But me im canadian and im gonna have the baby in canada. Father's name is going to be on birth certificate. I will apply for canadian passport for the baby soon as i can but i dont know if i can apply for british passport too??can i ?
Once again - yes you can, provided father's name is on the birth certificate.

vinny

how much money need for fiance visa

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:36 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

marty

getting married in canada

Post by marty » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:11 pm

hi there,,
im canadian and my boyfriend is british. my question is : Is it better for us to get married here in canada or to uk?how it works in canada? which visa he needs to come here if we get married? i know how it works to get married in uk but i dont know about it in canada.

Eventually we want to live in the uk but i just wonder if it could be easier if we get married in canada and then i would apply for a spouse visa for the uk. Couls someone explain me wat we need etc to get married in canada.
Thanks all

John

Post by John » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:35 pm

Couls someone explain me wat we need etc to get married in canada.
Given you are Canadian, isn't it easy for you to find out the procedure to get married in Canada? Or as I understand it, correct me if I am wrong, the various Provinces have their own marriage laws, in which case check out the procedure for wherever you live.
John

jman0warS
Newly Registered

Post by jman0warS » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:55 pm

Get married in BC.
He doesn't need a visa, just proof of ID.
It costs 100$ for a marriage license which can be purchased at a convenient bank.
You can walk in off the street and buy one, no appointment or waiting time necessary.
Book a marriage commissioner and get married in a beautiful park or beach or wherever.
You can get a list of marriage commisioners from the web.
It's easy.
Getting married in the UK will cost you over 500£ and will require you're applying for a special marriage visa stamp.

marty

spouse visa

Post by marty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:00 pm

hi there,
me and my bf wanna get married in canada this summer and we want i willl go live with him in the uk in the year following. my question is wat is the requirements for us to get the spouse visa granted? Do we need to be living together for some time ? We are together bf gf since 3 years but never lived together we got a 2 years old daughter too. We never been able living together as he was married and working there and me here. He always been travelling here to see me and our daughter once per year at least but we chat everyday online or mobil phone. its been very hard the last years as we wud like so much to be together We are both very much in love and really wud like to be together for future. He couldnt think of coming here coz he got kids in uk to see and also he got a good job. Just wanna know if i could apply for spouse visa few months after we got married here in canada? getting married in uk would be more hassle as i wud somehow need the fiancée visa and wait 6months without the right of working and then getting married there and then apply for the spouse visa. getting married in canada he wudnt need to apply for fiancee visa to get married here. but just wonder if we needed to been living together for some times to apply for spouse visa. thank you all.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Supposed to be two years of cohabitation akin to marriage, however I did not live with my hubby before we were married and ours was granted......but they are funny about it!!
???REUNITED???

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Marty, no there is no cohabition requirement for a spouse visa. You can apply as soon as you get married in Canada.

PrettyPolitical, the two years is only for unmarried partners. Even though the form is confusing the cohabition part does not apply to a married couple.
I tell it like it is.

marty

Post by marty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:21 pm

thank you for your answers. So it means soon as we are a married couple i can apply for a spouse visa to go to live with him in uk. what about the time i got to apply? is there a minimum amount of years to be able apply or as to be in the same year as marriage for example?? thanks again.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 am

It is up to you when you want to apply - the day after marriage, a week after, a month after or a year after or .......

regards

marty

fiance visa application with a daughter

Post by marty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:42 am

hi all,

Just about to apply for a fiance visa to be with my love whom is dad of my daughter (i am a canadian citizen, he is a british citizen ). Our daughter is always been living with me in Canada and got canadian citizenship but also got her british passport recently. My question is : if i apply for the fiance visa to go to the Uk with my daughter in same time do i need to apply for my daughter as dependant or it is OK cause she got her british passport . ?

regards
thank you .