ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

90 days outside UK period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

z.yas
Newly Registered

Re: Period outside UK

Post by z.yas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:30 pm

SING_IT wrote:Hi,

I was told my friend that immigration will only have the details of the day you came in to the country and not the details of the day you went out of the country. for example if I went out of UK on 1st June 2009 and came back on Nov 10 2009. In the application rather than mentioning that I was away for more than 3 months and give reasons, can I just say I was out on Oct 15 2009 and back on Nov 10 2009.

I am not sure if this will be fine. Please let me know.

Regards,
S
I would not. I believe that they have some sort of control through airlines passenger listing. Don't try to mislead them and exploit the system... it may go against you.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:01 pm

Don't forget that ENTRY stamp against visa will be there in ur passport (which ever country u enter after u left UK) ... and if you returned to ur home country then also they pust stamp against uk visa.

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:38 pm

As far as i know there is no way that they can trace the date of your departure apart from the stamps on your passport. It is not necessary that one should travel by plane to make outward or inward journies. Also if you are travelling with in CTA(Common travel area, ex: Ireland) there is no immigration control.

I feel that it shouldnt be problem unless they check your passport page by page and with what you mention on your application

durak
Newly Registered

Post by durak » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:40 pm

brandnew wrote: I feel that it shouldnt be problem unless they check your passport page by page and with what you mention on your application
Yep, and that's what they do. Check it page by page.

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:57 pm

hi tryingforpr,
Did you apply for ILR? was your application successful?

Thanks

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:04 pm

brandnew wrote:As far as i know there is no way that they can trace the date of your departure apart from the stamps on your passport. It is not necessary that one should travel by plane to make outward or inward journies. Also if you are travelling with in CTA(Common travel area, ex: Ireland) there is no immigration control.

I feel that it shouldnt be problem unless they check your passport page by page and with what you mention on your application
It’s known fact that they can and do check every page of your passport especially if absence exceeds 180 days or case worker is not in the mood ;)

I was just putting my dates together last night and it’s very clear just from the date of entries how long you’ve been away from the UK. Every country has entry stamp regardless of means of transportation.
Ireland in Republic of Ireland requires a separate visa and believe you me they DO stamp you passport on the entry and they also add date of approximate departure. So it’s all perfectly traceable.

It’s like with cabin language at the airport security – your bag may only be an 1/2 inch larger than it’s allowed and you WILL be stopped and sent back :) becos “daddy knows betterâ€