ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy Agreement and Sponsor Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mhkhan

Tenancy Agreement and Sponsor Letter

Post by mhkhan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Dear All,
Am on Tier 1 General in UK but family will apply for the dependends visa from Pakistan soon.

Now that the forum has convinced me that I need to show the tenancy agreement, my query is

1. How do I get a tenancy agreement for the family when my current tenancy is for my single room in a houseshare? For my wife and 2 kids, I would need atleast 2 rooms. What are the options for sourcing the tenancy agreement?
This is obviously to avoid signing an agreement when for kids' school and my work reasons I cannot pinpoint the exact location in London before they arrive. Thus I dont want to bind myself to a contract but instead want one that could suffice family's visa requirement. Am assuming people have been in a similar situation like me and have still gotten a tenancy agreement.

2. Regarding the [b]sponsor's letter[/b] which will be from me. Is there an [b]existing template [/b]by Border Agency or a simple letter stating I will be responsible for their maintenance in UK is enough?

Many thanks.

rsathish

Re: Tenancy Agreement and Sponsor Letter

Post by rsathish » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:38 am

mhkhan wrote:1. How do I get a tenancy agreement for the family when my current tenancy is for my single room in a houseshare? For my wife and 2 kids, I would need atleast 2 rooms. What are the options for sourcing the tenancy agreement?
Leaving HO, immigration & other things aside - where will your family stay otherwise? in your single room?

This is obviously to avoid signing an agreement when for kids' school and my work reasons I cannot pinpoint the exact location in London before they arrive. Thus I dont want to bind myself to a contract but instead want one that could suffice family's visa requirement. Am assuming people have been in a similar situation like me and have still gotten a tenancy agreement.
That's a rather strange excuse. So, you're effectively trying to obtain a false tenancy agreement. Not sure how many can help.

2. Regarding the sponsor's letter which will be from me. Is there an existing template by Border Agency or a simple letter stating I will be responsible for their maintenance in UK is enough?
Letter is enough

mhkhan

Re: Tenancy Agreement and Sponsor Letter

Post by mhkhan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:52 am

Rsatish, thanks for the reply. My family will put up with relatives for a month in UK till I can decide on the place. I perhaps sounded like asking for a false agreement but on the contrary I have read posts on the forum mentioning getting forms from the Council or even a bookshop. Hence, I assumed there is a possibility of a tentative tenancy agreement.

So, the letter will be enough as a sponsored letter. Thanks for that!