ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Total Gross Earnings-Cash Earnings + Childcare Vouchers(SS)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TTOE

Total Gross Earnings-Cash Earnings + Childcare Vouchers(SS)

Post by TTOE » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:41 am

For the purpose of previous earnings-Is it correct to assume your gross earnings (Pre tax) before Childcare Vouchers (Salary Sacrifice) i.e Is it right to say Cash salary +Salary Sacrifice= Gross earnings for claiming point?

Please note that Salary sacrifice is when you decide to give up part of your earned income in exchange for e.g Childcare Vouchers, cycle to work, Pension contribution,giving to charity etc.

Please respond with facts and not personal assumptions

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:28 am

You will find the facts in the Tier1 (G) PBS - Policy GUIDANCE page 22 of 44 Paragraph 122.
Unearned sources of income that we 122. will not consider as previous earnings include:
expenses (such as accommodation, • schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
dividends, unless paid by a company in • which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
income from property rental, unless this
• forms part of the applicant’s business;
interest on savings and investments;
• funds that were inherited;
• Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance page 23 of 44
money paid to the applicant as a pension;
• expenses where the payment reimburses • the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
Which means you can show your contribution of the salary sacrifice as earnings but you can not show the Employer's Contribution (ex. in case of Pension - salary sacrifice);

hope this helps

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:You will find the facts in the Tier1 (G) PBS - Policy GUIDANCE page 22 of 44 Paragraph 122.
Unearned sources of income that we 122. will not consider as previous earnings include:
expenses (such as accommodation, • schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
dividends, unless paid by a company in • which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
• funds that were inherited;
• expenses where the payment reimburses • the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
Which means you can show your contribution of the salary sacrifice as earnings but you can not show the Employer's Contribution (ex. in case of Pension - salary sacrifice);

hope this helps

Many thanks for this-My salary sacrifice from my earned gross was what I was concern about and not my employer`s contributions-your post clarified this.
Many thanks again.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:43 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:You will find the facts in the Tier1 (G) PBS - Policy GUIDANCE page 22 of 44 Paragraph 122.
funds that were inherited;

hope this helps

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8354312.stm

TTOE

Re: Total Gross Earnings-Cash Earnings + Childcare Vouchers(

Post by TTOE » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:45 am

TTOE wrote:For the purpose of previous earnings-Is it correct to assume your gross earnings (Pre tax) before Childcare Vouchers (Salary Sacrifice) i.e Is it right to say Cash salary +Salary Sacrifice= Gross earnings for claiming point?

Please note that Salary sacrifice is when you decide to give up part of your earned income in exchange for e.g Childcare Vouchers, cycle to work, Pension contribution,giving to charity etc.

Please respond with facts and not personal assumptions

What are childcare vouchers?
The employer supported childcare scheme, as childcare vouchers are officially known, was introduced in 2005. The scheme involves parents "sacrificing" up to £243 of their salary per month before tax and national insurance deductions are made. In exchange, parents receive electronic vouchers to be used to pay for Ofsted-registered childcare. About 340,000 families in the UK are signed up for the scheme.

John

Post by John » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 am

TTOE, if you sacrifice part of your salary, surprise surprise, your salary is lower. Whilst good for tax and NI, it could be bad for visa renewal.
John

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:18 am

This is what I read on a website, which also supports John's view.

[quote]“Salary sacrificeâ€

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:54 pm

[quote="aruni4470"]This is what I read on a website, which also supports John's view.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:37 pm

[quote="TTOE"][quote="aruni4470"]This is what I read on a website, which also supports John's view.

TTOE

Post by TTOE » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 am

[quote="aruni4470"][quote="TTOE"][quote="aruni4470"]This is what I read on a website, which also supports John's view.