ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Director as referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirnat

Company Director as referee

Post by mirnat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:21 am

Forgive me for duplicating on a topic but I have tried to do a quick search to find the answer on this board already! Just wondered, can a company director (over 25) be the first referee (i.e. of professional standing) for a naturalisation application?

Sten

Post by Sten » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:45 pm

From UKBA website:
Annex A - List of acceptable professional persons
"Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company"

Which part of the sentence confuses you ?
Good luck !

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks for your reply but there's no need to be so sarcastic! I hadn't actually looked at the UKBA website, only on this board! I have seen the naturalisation form and it gives examples of people of suitable professional standing such as a solicitor, doctor, civil servant etc but company director was not mentioned which is when I turned to the board here! I am actually a solicitor myself and have signed for various things for people in the past but this naturalisation application is for a relative so I can't sign for it!

Sten

Post by Sten » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:44 pm

I would always check UKBA website first, at the end they are the people who set the rules, not the forum members ..
Good luck !

aa123

Post by aa123 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:34 am

Is the relative your spouse?