ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to sponsor more visitors

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp

How to sponsor more visitors

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi Forum,

I have a wierd problem, which I have not found discussed anywhere else on the forum.

I want to sponsor my parents visit to the UK this sunmer, they might be over for around 3 months or so. Now I presently live in a 1 bedroom apartment, and am soon planning to move to a 2 bedroom one as I heard this may lead to their visa being rejected.

Now my sister also wants to visit me with her family around the same time and she would be here for a month or so. The issue is with my present backing I cannot afford moving into a 3 bedroom flat. Besides, once the visitors have left we wont know what to do with such a big house/flat.

But at the same time I do want to sponsor my sister and parents.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what we can do?

A friend of mine suggested asking my sister to apply for a tourist visa and show hotel bookings in the area I live, via sites like venere.com, and then later cancel them and stay with us. But I am not sure if this is a legal option, and want some options while staying at the right side of the law.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards
InUkOnHsmp
Challenges make life worth it!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:51 pm

No it's not legal to lie and state that she will be staying at a hotel when she really won't be. However, the living room is also considered. Thus in a two bedroom property you will have three suitable rooms for cohabition. Three rooms for four people is fine considering your parents will share a room.
I tell it like it is.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:43 pm

ElenaW wrote:No it's not legal to lie and state that she will be staying at a hotel when she really won't be. However, the living room is also considered. Thus in a two bedroom property you will have three suitable rooms for cohabition. Three rooms for four people is fine considering your parents will share a room.
The point is will the visa issuing officer consider that? Probably not.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:53 pm

gainvidya wrote:
ElenaW wrote:No it's not legal to lie and state that she will be staying at a hotel when she really won't be. However, the living room is also considered. Thus in a two bedroom property you will have three suitable rooms for cohabition. Three rooms for four people is fine considering your parents will share a room.
The point is will the visa issuing officer consider that? Probably not.
Um yes they would consider it. I tend not to make things up and lie to people on this forum. There have been many applicants approved in your situation thus they do count the living room as another room.
I tell it like it is.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:58 pm

If your sponsoring three people to visit for three months, hotel or not you'll need to show a few grand in the bank showing you can afford to. I'd say a grand person per month?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....