ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -> WP JR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sky_High
Member of Standing

ILR -> WP JR

Post by Sky_High » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:50 pm

I have received an email from "steeringcommittee@immigrantwelfare.co.uk"

I am not sure if its true?????????

1) The following categories who came to the UK before April 2006 are covered for JR:-
i) WP Holders
ii) WP Holders + HSMP
iii) Ancestry Visa Holders

2) Relief sought after is to apply the same conditions that were prevalent before April 2006.
Subject to us winning:-
i) Above 3 categories can apply for ILR in 4 years
ii) Those already on ILR may apply for Citizenship straight away
iii) Those not on ILR may apply directly for Citizenship after 5 years as their ILRs would be backdated

3) JR Process
Case will be launched with Expedition.
Process may take between 1-4 months from the date claim is lodged.

4) Total Anticipated Cost: £60,000

5) Unpaid members are requested to contribute a minimum of £100 now and are requested to join member section.

6) Paid Members have been requested in the conference call to contribute £300 now.

7) As explained in the conference without the above contributions we cannot proceed ahead. Funds is now the only barrier to launch the case.

8) Any left over funds (from victory or loss) will distributed according to funds contributed as our organisation is Not for Profit and is a cause based organisation.

9) Barrister is Martin Wynne-Jones very experienced with 30+ years of experience in Immigration.

10) We are accountable to all our member funds. They have right to ask us of how we are dispensing the money.

11) All contributions will published in paid members section regularly as soon as we start recieving the required contributions.

12) Every member to bring ONE more member on board to share the cost.

13) Any questions please email us on steeringcommittee@immigrantwelfare.co.uk

Thank You.

Kind Regards,

Immigrant Welfare Steering Committee

If this is true than I am the first one to join them

brandnew

Re: ILR -> WP JR

Post by brandnew » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:07 pm

They first have to mobilize 60K and pay the Solicitor, then the process starts and may get a result after 4 months, by that time it will be April 2011 and those who are still here on WP/HSPM/New PBS will automatically get qualified.

I am not discouraging but thats how i feel.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Sky_High wrote:3) JR Process
Case will be launched with Expedition.
Process may take between 1-4 months from the date claim is lodged.
(Assuming that a JR can be requested for after 4 years of the changes being implemented) IMHO this is a hugely optimistic expectation.

Make sure you are giving away money for a cause that's being spearheaded by "people" and not a website!

regards

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks for the comments.

brandnew: I also have the same feelings. The last affected person will get citizenship on April-12 so any one before that date will get benefit. Earlier they get the positive results better it will be.

sushdmehta: Now a days we do not to who should we trust? I love the idea if WP holders win this case. But lets see whats happen.

If any one is member of this group, please could you also post here?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Just FYI!

In the HSMP ILR Judicial Review, it took more than 8 months from date of request for JR (July '08 ) and the actual hearing of the case (Mar '09).

regards