ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ILR - help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maymay
Newly Registered

10 year ILR - help!

Post by maymay » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 pm

I've been in UK for 10 years and now qualify for ILR in February 2010. I was out of UK 505 days during the past 10 years.

I'm going abroad for about 1.5 months and going to apply ILR in June 2010 when I return to the UK, by then I will be absence from the UK for about 560 days (over 18 months).

Just wondering how will the 18 months absent from the UK calculation in my case? And will I still qualify for 10 year ILR?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 am

Why risk it?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

foxy

Post by foxy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:25 am

Highly unlikely as you will be 20 days over.

Like Vinny said, it's a big risk to take especially after waiting so long. Get the application in now, although be prepared to wait around 7-8 months going by current wait times.