ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CURRENT DOCUMENT TO EXPIRE IN APRIL 2010.....HELP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lollyeyes
Newly Registered

CURRENT DOCUMENT TO EXPIRE IN APRIL 2010.....HELP

Post by lollyeyes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:28 pm

HELLO ALL,

I AM CURRENTLY MARRIED TO AN EEC MEMBER AND I HAVE CURRENTLY A 5YEAR STAMP DUE TO EXPIRE IN APRIL 2010

MY MARRIAGE BROKE DOWN AND MY HUSBAND FILED FOR DIVORCE IN DEC (STILL IN PROCESS)

I HAVEN’T GOT A DECREE NISI OR ABSOLUTE......
I DON’T HAVE HIS PASSPORT.....

CAN I STILL PUT FORWARD MY APPLICATION FOR RETENTION OF RIGHTS PENDING THE DECREE ABSOLUTE???
I HAVE ALL DOCUMENTS NEEDED EXCEPT THE DIVORCE PAPERS
OR ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT I CAN DO

vegeta_2009

Re: CURRENT DOCUMENT TO EXPIRE IN APRIL 2010.....HELP

Post by vegeta_2009 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:03 pm

hi, i am so sorry that you are in this situation, i am in the same boat as you.

the regulation says that a marriage is not broken down untill the divorce is final (Absolute). if you are still in amicable terms with your husband then by all means try and submit the applicaiton right aways and hopefully he will support you with all the documents you want.

how bad is it between you two?

lollyeyes
Newly Registered

Post by lollyeyes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:29 pm

dont want to know...really bad....
i am thinking if there is anyway i can buy time.....
like sending the documents without the absolute hoping by the time its returned i would have the absolute....
what do you think?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 pm

What's more important, saving ur marriage or EEA residency? ask urself....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

vegeta_2009

Post by vegeta_2009 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 pm

Wanderer wrote:What's more important, saving ur marriage or EEA residency? ask urself....
hi Wanderer, really man...?, can we just stick to the topic please, we are here to help right?

Wanderer, from your experience and since the absolute hasnt been granted she is technically still married right?

why does the onus always falls on the non-eea to prove that the eea is exercising treaty rights when the HO can easily check all this from the variety of databases outthere? dont you think this leaves the door open to abuse and blackmail?