ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

titas
Newly Registered

Post by titas » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Eskar Thanks for your advise. Council has already given me the date for the ceremony. But to attend the ceremony I need HO letter. Which I haven't receive. Do you have any idea does HO send it by registered post or do they send it by standard delivery?
Eskar wrote:call your council and book the ceremony date.
titas wrote:I received my invitation from the council two days ago but I am still awaiting the home office letter. Please advice what should I do.

titas
Newly Registered

Post by titas » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Eskar did u hear anything from them? I think we both applied in the same time.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:41 pm

well as far i know you would get approval by 2nd class post. and council invitation by first class mail. so relax you would heard them tomorrow or day after.
titas wrote:Eskar Thanks for your advise. Council has already given me the date for the ceremony. But to attend the ceremony I need HO letter. Which I haven't receive. Do you have any idea does HO send it by registered post or do they send it by standard delivery?
Eskar wrote:call your council and book the ceremony date.
titas wrote:I received my invitation from the council two days ago but I am still awaiting the home office letter. Please advice what should I do.

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:47 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:I very much doubt that because in ten years time your next passport will be considered as renewal and its NOT necessary to send in your naturalisation certificate.
Agreed. I still feel it's a good idea to keep the certificate in its 'valid' state, if that means not laminating it. This certificate is our proof that we are British citizens.

Btw, just got done with the 'check & send' at the post office. Couple of points to note:
1. The place of issue for the naturalisation certificate - I had written the name of the council where I had the ceremony, in this section. Apparently the correct entry is what's written in the certificate itself; in mine it says 'Home Office London' (although not as 'Place of issue').
2. Good thing with check & send is that post office can charge your card right there, which means the form reaches IPS as prepaid - this could potentially hasten the process.

Anyway, now waiting for the next (and penultimate) step in this long journey, i.e. the Interview!

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Hello Eskar,

I have not received any letters as yet. Called yesterday and learnt that the decision has been made but letters are awaiting despatch ??

I don't know how long it will take them to despatch the letters. I guess next week perhaps the earliest that sometimg would turn up.
Eskar wrote:London, Have you heard anything yet. you should recieve it today if they post it on friday.

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Well, Naturalization is the most important step in the whole journey. It can make and break.

In all the previous applications from 1st extension to ILR, there is always a chance that one may not make it, hence in the sub conscious the mind is prepared for the worst.

Nevertheless, once naturalization application is put forward, mind is not prepared to accept anything less than the most desired results. The expectation to have the positive only decision from UKBA; Abmiguity, stress and fear generate anxiousness. This negativity and imbalance of thoughts exhibit the behaviour that we all are experiencing and passing through. My two cents !
Jerryanderson wrote:congratulations to all members who got their British passport!

I try to hide my stress but to be honest it is a such Horrible one I do not think I have experienced such thing! I do not know why? Because of fear of not becoming British ? or is it because of internal emotional conflicts between Our miserable lives in our country of origin and being finally Free from that stress of some Idiot regimes! I do not know just rambling thoughts maybe does not make sense but the stress is so intense ...
Maybe paranoid again lol

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:17 pm

i thought you said letter already sent on friday.
London102 wrote:Hello Eskar,

I have not received any letters as yet. Called yesterday and learnt that the decision has been made but letters are awaiting despatch ??

I don't know how long it will take them to despatch the letters. I guess next week perhaps the earliest that sometimg would turn up.
Eskar wrote:London, Have you heard anything yet. you should recieve it today if they post it on friday.

chzishan

Post by chzishan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 pm

I have the same answer "Decision has been made last week and letter are awaiting for despatch"

This is really a stress full moment.

[quote="London102"]Hello Eskar,

[quote="Eskar"]London, Have you heard anything yet. you should recieve it today if they post it on friday.

[/quote][/quote]

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:32 pm

but they gave yyou a time line of 2 weeks right.

And London102 . its confusing they told that lettter had dispatched on friday now they told you still not posted yet. by they way wot did they tell u exactly.
chzishan wrote:I have the same answer "Decision has been made last week and letter are awaiting for despatch"

This is really a stress full moment.

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Eskar,

I can only tell whatever I hear from telephone advisor.

I was told on last Friday that decision made on Thursday and letter posted today (Friday). However when I called on Tuesday (yesterday), the person advised that decision has been made but letter is awaiting despatch.

Eskar wrote:i thought you said letter already sent on friday.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:13 pm

weird home office. i mean did they tell you any time line like it would posted by one week or so on. becasue i was told it will be sent shortly but i dnt know what the range of 'shortly'
London102 wrote:Eskar,

I was told on last Friday that decision made on Thursday and letter posted today (Friday). However when I called on Tuesday (yesterday), the person advised that decision has been made but letter is awaiting despatch.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi London102,

I think there is a Dispatch Team in the middle which causes the confusion. The letter may have been sent to the Dispatch Team by the caseworker, hence they said posted. The next time they may have confirmed that the Dispatch Team has not yet actually posted the letter.

Check with your council anyway. They may have the actual certificate already.

Regards - Spartac

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:42 pm

I calculated the trend of dates and believe me all the dates are spot on as per my expectation. It was a straight forward case.....

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 08/02/2010
Date recieved by HO: 09/02/2010
CRITERIA: 6 Yrs WP + ILR
Date of debit of Card : 11/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement :11/02/2010
Date of receipt of approval letter : 03/03/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : TBD

Got the Approval letter in 24 days

safwan

Post by safwan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:56 pm

hi eskar
any news yet

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi spartac,

I actually did call my council yesterday after calling UKBA. They had no information about it until yesterday.

Spartac wrote:

Hi London102,

I think there is a Dispatch Team in the middle which causes the confusion. The letter may have been sent to the Dispatch Team by the caseworker, hence they said posted. The next time they may have confirmed that the Dispatch Team has not yet actually posted the letter.

Check with your council anyway. They may have the actual certificate already.

Regards - Spartac

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:08 pm

What all the person on the other side told me was to wait for 7-10 business days and nothing else.

Regards

Eskar wrote:weird home office. i mean did they tell you any time line like it would posted by one week or so on. becasue i was told it will be sent shortly but i dnt know what the range of 'shortly'

safwan

Post by safwan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi London

try to call the register office tomorrow ,they receive courier from HO every thursday or friday. and they always receive it before you do :)

safwan

Post by safwan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:20 pm

london
you stated you called the council , normally you should call the register office not the council

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:21 pm

even my council receve certificate on friday. so it is very likely UKBA send the letter on wednesday in order to receive it on saturday.
safwan wrote:Hi London

try to call the register office tomorrow ,they receive courier from HO every thursday or friday. and they always receive it before you do :)

navnas

Post by navnas » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:45 pm

gainvidya wrote:I calculated the trend of dates and believe me all the dates are spot on as per my expectation. It was a straight forward case.....

Congrats gainvidya ! indeed a very good news .

can you also let us know any follow up details you did with the HO if any and what responses you got from them during any follow up before getting the approval ! this will be highly appreciated .

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Hello Safwan,

I did ask the council officier about the frequency. He said they receive every Monday ?

So I thought I would call them coming Monday around 12:00noon.
safwan wrote:Hi London

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi safwan,

NCS is part of council's register office. I have been calling the NCS team, which in effect is the register office.

safwan wrote:london
you stated you called the council , normally you should call the register office not the council

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Eskar bahi! payment is deducted by HO today. It means my application is inprocess.

My updates are as follows:

If NCS, which centre : Wandsworth Council
CRITERIA - 4 years student visa + 2 years spouse visa ( british citizen ) + 1 week ILR
Date of submission: 25/02/2010 Date of posting: 26/02/10
Date Home Office Received: 27/02/2010 ( checked through Royal mail tracking)
Date of Payment deduction from bank/card: 03/03/10 ( Checked through Online Banking )
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: pending . Dated: pending
Date of receipt of approval pending
Date of Ceremony pending
Date of appln. for passport pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:54 pm

gainvidya wrote:I calculated the trend of dates and believe me all the dates are spot on as per my expectation. It was a straight forward case.....

How come you received the receipt of acknowledgement on the same day if payment was deducted on 11/02/2010? As it takes couple of days to receive the receipt of acknowledgement.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:58 pm

Dont worry, Hopefully you will receive it by the end of this week.