ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- ON EEC LAW

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

troubled

ILR- ON EEC LAW

Post by troubled » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi guys can you share my experience with me. I applied for PR in Dec,2008 having married to my EEA wife for 5yrs.I had response from HO in Nov,2009 asking for further documents to prove that my spouse exercised treaty right for 5yrs.I did provide those documents and HO acknowledge that.The problem is that my spouse left uk to visit her mum who had stroke and has since not return.Now the HO has written to me asking for my spouse passport or her ID since the one i supplied is expired.I spoke to my wife who says she cannot forward the passport to me and also not coming to uk because of the mum conditions. My appliction has been at HO for almost 1yr 3months,they did not ask for the passports whilst my was here.Please share my concerns.To make the matters worse my employer has fired me because the HO acknowledgement letter stated that EEC applicant should be able to show their visa after six months and mine is long overdue.I am going through hell at the moment

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:58 pm

does your wife not have a valid ID card that you can use in lieu of her passport?

troubled

Post by troubled » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:02 pm

my wife travelled using her ID card so i am left in a very difficult position.