ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wanna ask my boss to relocate me to UK, who pays for Tier 1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Wanna ask my boss to relocate me to UK, who pays for Tier 1?

Post by Leo2010 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:32 pm

I want to ask my employer to relocate me to the company's headquarter in London on a tier 1 (general) visa. Should I volunteer to pay for the Tier 1 visa or should I ask my employer to pay for it?

mno2uk

Re: Wanna ask my boss to relocate me to UK, who pays for Tie

Post by mno2uk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Leo2010 wrote:I want to ask my employer to relocate me to the company's headquarter in London on a tier 1 (general) visa. Should I volunteer to pay for the Tier 1 visa or should I ask my employer to pay for it?
if your company is not willing to pay for it - then you do it on your own with proper corroborative evidence as every successful candidate over here has done.

you will find all the help here in and you better hurry before there are any change of rules..!!

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Post by Leo2010 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:15 pm

If i volunteered to pay for the Tier 1 visa then perhaps they might be more open to the idea of relocating me to the UK. What do you guys think?

mno2uk wrote:
Leo2010 wrote:I want to ask my employer to relocate me to the company's headquarter in London on a tier 1 (general) visa. Should I volunteer to pay for the Tier 1 visa or should I ask my employer to pay for it?
if your company is not willing to pay for it - then you do it on your own with proper corroborative evidence as every successful candidate over here has done.

you will find all the help here in and you better hurry before there are any change of rules..!!

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Leo2010 wrote:If i volunteered to pay for the Tier 1 visa then perhaps they might be more open to the idea of relocating me to the UK. What do you guys think?
Won't they be reluctant to help you get a Tier 1 visa anyway because it doesn't restrict you to working for them?

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Post by Leo2010 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:45 pm

True, that's a good point. I'm planning my approach regarding how to request my relocation to the UK. I'm tending towards saying that I'll take care of the Tier 1 visa myself so that my transition to the UK will be smooth
djb123 wrote:
Leo2010 wrote:If i volunteered to pay for the Tier 1 visa then perhaps they might be more open to the idea of relocating me to the UK. What do you guys think?
Won't they be reluctant to help you get a Tier 1 visa anyway because it doesn't restrict you to working for them?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:57 pm

will Tier 2 work in your case?