ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wildangel43

Post by wildangel43 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:52 pm

doll737 wrote:hi my husband handed his passport in 4th febuary in islamabad we stil havent recieved his passport, does anyone know who i contact by email? i keep calling and no one answers so i was wondering abt mailing them and see wut they say
you can email at these addresses, appeals.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk and visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

and dont forget to write these information in ur email.

NAME
DOB:
REFERENCE NO / FCO NO:
APPEAL NO:
PASSPORT NUMBER :
DECISION PROMULGATED :
IMMIGRATION JUDGE NAME :
PASSPORT SUBMITTED WITH CALL LETTER : DATE.

doll737
Newly Registered

Post by doll737 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:33 pm

o thanks wild angel, i mailed Appeals.AbuDhabi@fco.gov.uk and they replied me really quick saying, Thank you for your e-mail.

This application is lodge in Pakistan. One of our colleagues will contact you shortly.

Your patience in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards

Appeals Team

Visa Section

Abu Dhabi

:/is there a contact email add for pakistan?

juba

Post by juba » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:41 pm

doll737 wrote:hi my husband handed his passport in 4th febuary in islamabad we stil havent recieved his passport, does anyone know who i contact by email? i keep calling and no one answers so i was wondering abt mailing them and see wut they say
Hi there, Well to give you a idea of processing times, We submitted our passport on 9th December 09 and got it back 2 weeks ago. The current passport process times are 3 months.

Hope that helps.

doll737
Newly Registered

Post by doll737 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Wow 3 months thts a long wait.I gues I jus have to be patienc and wait for the call. I've been without my husband for nearly 2 years.

Newly Registered

Settlement Visa after successful appeal

Post by 13436 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 pm

A.a to all the users of this forum. I have been following this forum for over two years. I want to share my ordeal with the home office (UKBA). We (me and my wife) applied settlement visas for my mother-in-law (who was 66 years old a the time of application VAF4) and sister-in-law (34years old at the time of application suffering from Down's Syndrom) in mid December 2007 at VAC Lahore. BHC Islamabad refused their settlement visa on 31 December 2007 giving the reason that we didn't had the "indefinite leave to remain" in UK. However, Copies of our "ILR" were attached with the applicaiton forms and they did return them with bank statements, salary slips etc. Initially I thought it was a human error and appealed against the decision in January 2008 on our return to UK. It took 8 months for the hearing at AIT court at manchester in August 2008. The Judge allowed their appeals on 28th August 2008. No representation was made by homeoffice in the court. We recieved the letter about the decision in Septermber 2008 and then our indefinite plight started to wait for BHC to contact them to submit their passports. In the mean time, I have been writing to following email addresses to urg them to contact applicants to submit their passport but all in vain. Here are the email addresses:

visqry.islamabad@fco.gov.uk
visqry2@islamabad.fco.gov.uk
Appeals.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk
appealdetermination.islamabad@fco.gov.uk
complaint.consular.services@fco.gov.uk
publicvisaenqs@fco.gov.uk
Casework.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk
ukvisasvcs.pakistanetc@fco.gov.uk
visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk
UKHUB.PAKISTANGeneralEnquiries@fco.gov.uk

After ten months the BHC contacted them to submit their passports in June 2009. In the mean time, their TB Certificates had expired and they had to pay for new ones. They submitted their passports toghether with copies of our passports, letters from us, our new bank statements and slary slips (to avoid any new excuse from BHC to delay their visas!) on 12th June 2009. Then a new stage of ordeal started with no end in sight. Again I was writing to all the above email address. I also wrote formal cmpalint letters to cryodon and BHC Islamabad and received the standard replies. Here is the standard email reply:

"Dear applicant,

Thank you for your email.

This is to inform you that your visa application is under process with ongoing checks. Due to a large number of on going appeals we have heavy workload of cases. Therefore I am sorry to say that at present I can not give you precise time frame in this respect. I shall be grateful if you would please wait to be contacted by this office."

I also tried a website whatdotheyknow.com and asked them following question about number of people waiting for their visa who have won their appeals in 2008. please see following for details:
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s ... ming-73787

Atlast our ordeal ended and they received a call on 25th Feburary 2010 to collect their passports. They collected their passports from VAC Lahore on 26th Feburary. They were issued " Indefinite leave to Enter" visas on 15th January 2010 till the expiry of their relevant passports. Keeping in view their overall performance, it is no surprise that it took VAC lahore 41 days to contact them after issuing the visas. I personally feel these are deliberate delaying tactics to first refuse visas on false ground, then not to contest decisions in AIT courts and finally delay again to contact people and issue visa.
Today I have also receive a reply about my requests under freedom of information act and I think it will be benficial to every one on this forum so here it is:

Visa Customer Services
Visa Services Directorate
International Group UKBA
c/o Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Web www.ukvisas.gov.uk
www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

Dr M S Ahmed

By e-mail: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx

4 March 2010

Our Ref: FOI 13936 GV100/150777/LW

Dear Dr Ahmed,

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000.

Thank you for your e-mail of 3 February where you requested for the following:

• The number of people from Pakistan waiting for their visa to be issued after their successful appeals in 2008.
• The number of passports submitted to British High
Commission in Islamabad for settlement visas after successful appeals
since 1st June 2009.
• The number of those who have been issued visas since then and also the number for those who are still waiting.
• The number of people who are still waiting for visas after six months of their passports re-submission (once their
appeals have been successful allowed by Asylum and Immigration
Tribunal) since 1st June 2009?

This falls to be dealt with under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I apologise for the delay in responding.

I can confirm that the International Group of the UK Border Agency holds information relevant to your request. Please find the information below.

• 134 are waiting for a visa to be issued after their successful appeals in 2008.
• 2390 passports submitted to the BHC in Islamabad for settlement visas after successful appeals since 1 June 2009.
• 2209 settlement visas issued since 1 June 2009, 181 are still waiting. 17,255 non-settlement visas issued, 1654 still waiting. Of these, 801 applicants have not submitted their passports despite reminder requests.
• 286 people still waiting for visas after 6 months of their passports re-submission since 1 June 2009.
In relation to questions 1 and 4, those waiting for their visas to be issued are subject to further enquiries.

If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request an independent review of our handling of your request. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the UK Border Agency sending a substantive reply to your original request and should be addressed to:

Information Access Policy Team
Freedom of Information Team
11th Floor - Short Corridor
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

During the independent review, the department’s handling of your information request will be reassessed by a member of staff that was not involved in providing you with the response.

Yours sincerely

Lisa Walker
Visa Services

I hope this information will put things in perspective for the people waiting visa after appeals for them and their loved ones.

wildangel43

Post by wildangel43 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:28 pm

doll737 wrote:o thanks wild angel, i mailed Appeals.AbuDhabi@fco.gov.uk and they replied me really quick saying, Thank you for your e-mail.

This application is lodge in Pakistan. One of our colleagues will contact you shortly.

Your patience in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards

Appeals Team

Visa Section

Abu Dhabi

:/is there a contact email add for pakistan?

WELL YEAH THATS THE CORRECT ADD FOR PAKISTAN, THEY WILL CONTACT U SOON INSHALLAH, BUT ALMOST THEY LL TAKE AROUND 3 MONTHS, BECAUSE I ALSO GOT MY PASSPORT WITH VISA OF 2 N HALF YEARS AFTER 3 MONTHS OF WAIT :P . INSHALLH YOU N EVERY BODY WILL GET THEIR PASSPORT SOON,

HAVE FAITH IN ALLAH AND PRAY TO ALLAH, EVERYTHING WILL GOSE SMOOTHLY, NEED NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT.

:-)

juba

Post by juba » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:01 am

doll737 wrote:Wow 3 months thts a long wait.I gues I jus have to be patienc and wait for the call. I've been without my husband for nearly 2 years.
2 years without your partner, you have strong patience. Ive been without my wife for almost a year, during the wait for her passport I sent Islamabad around 40 emails and contacted BHC in Islamabad 12 times. I think they finally got sick of me and issued our visa :lol:

You should contact your Gerrys office where you submitted your passport atleast once a week. Dont rely on Gerrys to contact you as they dont bother to do so. My cousson went to collect his passport in october 09 only to find it expired, because Gerrys did not contact him.

I wish you all the best and hope your passport comes soon.

doll737
Newly Registered

Post by doll737 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:46 pm

thanks yeah its just driving me crazy waiting and not knowing how long more it'l take, when we applied bhc refused his visa cus of counterfiet fake stamp on his passport which was just complete nonsense and it took them a year and half to finaly allow the appeal. its just such a long fustrating process. but im really hapy that its all over and just gotta wait for the visa to be issued i just pray and hope its soon Inshallah. was it true thAT there visa procesing machine thing broke and thts y its delayed?

wildangel43

Post by wildangel43 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:54 pm

doll737 wrote:thanks yeah its just driving me crazy waiting and not knowing how long more it'l take, when we applied bhc refused his visa cus of counterfiet fake stamp on his passport which was just complete nonsense and it took them a year and half to finaly allow the appeal. its just such a long fustrating process. but im really hapy that its all over and just gotta wait for the visa to be issued i just pray and hope its soon Inshallah. was it true thAT there visa procesing machine thing broke and thts y its delayed?
nah, that was rumor. but that actually thing was, BHC lost around 200 to 300 passports.

ccyrex
Newly Registered

student visa appeal allowed

Post by ccyrex » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:46 pm

A.O.A guys
my case is student visa appeal allowed.
I submitted my passport along with the call letter and new admission at UKVAC isb on 10 dec 2009.
i got email by appeal.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk and they told me that due to expiry date i have to give them the new admission letter.
now i have emailed and fax them my new admission letter on 21st Feb 2010 but still have not got any reply from them.i have emailed alot but they have not even confirmed me the receving of my new admission letter.
on Thursday I have called abudhabi Number and a lady on call told me that they have received it and thats under process with no time limit.
My New session start date is 15-03-2010. I am really worried. can sombody tell me how much time they take after re-submission of new admission letter. I mean if any other person have been throught the same situation plz guide me?

wildangel43

Re: student visa appeal allowed

Post by wildangel43 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:07 pm

ccyrex wrote:A.O.A guys
my case is student visa appeal allowed.
I submitted my passport along with the call letter and new admission at UKVAC isb on 10 dec 2009.
i got email by appeal.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk and they told me that due to expiry date i have to give them the new admission letter.
now i have emailed and fax them my new admission letter on 21st Feb 2010 but still have not got any reply from them.i have emailed alot but they have not even confirmed me the receving of my new admission letter.
on Thursday I have called abudhabi Number and a lady on call told me that they have received it and thats under process with no time limit.
My New session start date is 15-03-2010. I am really worried. can sombody tell me how much time they take after re-submission of new admission letter. I mean if any other person have been throught the same situation plz guide me?
you ll get ur passport in few days inshallah, my case was same. i fax my new letter on 15 feb and got my passport back on 26th feb. and my visa stamp date was 22 feb. i got my passport after 11 days. so dont worry inshallah u will also get ur passport back, just email them at this address visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk from any other email address not from that address from which u were mailing them, try to send email from any other email address, u ll get a reply in maximum 3 days :-)

juba

Post by juba » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:05 am

BHC think its ok to lose 200 -300 passports and not let people know for afew weeks. They really need to get there act together and deliver a proper service.

lubzy

Appeal Allowed Time frame

Post by lubzy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:25 pm

My husband resubmitted his passport yesterday following an allowed appeal. I know a lot of people are waiting for call letters so I thought I'd share our timeframe to date:

Application Submitted: 23rd January 2009
Application Refused: 12th February 2009
Appeal Hearing Date: 16th November 2009 (Judge stated decision on day)
Decision Promulgated: 24th November 2009
Call Letter Received: 6th March 2010
Passport Resubmitted: 9th March 2010

Gerry's said my husband should receive a call in 28 days. Reading some recent posts it seems that Islamabad are working to a 4 to 6 week turnaround so fingers crossed!

diablo_vortex2
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal Allowed Time frame

Post by diablo_vortex2 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 am

lubzy wrote:My husband resubmitted his passport yesterday following an allowed appeal. I know a lot of people are waiting for call letters so I thought I'd share our timeframe to date:

Application Submitted: 23rd January 2009
Application Refused: 12th February 2009
Appeal Hearing Date: 16th November 2009 (Judge stated decision on day)
Decision Promulgated: 24th November 2009
Call Letter Received: 6th March 2010
Passport Resubmitted: 9th March 2010

Gerry's said my husband should receive a call in 28 days. Reading some recent posts it seems that Islamabad are working to a 4 to 6 week turnaround so fingers crossed!
WOW why was your hearing after 8 whole months my GOD i think they do it within three months according to my personal exp and other people

lubzy

Appeal Date

Post by lubzy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:54 pm

For settlement appeals the Home Office has 5 months from the date of appeal documents to submit their bundle of documents supporting their refusal. After 5 months the AIT set a hearing date which is usually 4-6 weeks away depending on Court workload. In my case the hearing was set for 14th October but on the 12th my solicitor received a fax to say that due to staff sickness as the hearing centre, the hearing had to be rescheduled. The next available date was almost 5 weeks away.

About 2 weeks later the Judge's decision is promulgated. The whole AIT process therefore takes between 6 to 8 months. As the AIU (Appeals Implementation Unit) in Leeds has a 6+ month current backlog, the call letter can take around 2 to 4 months to issue.

wildangel43

Post by wildangel43 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:33 pm

any body else got their passport back ?:)

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:21 pm

wildangel43 wrote:any body else got their passport back ?:)

Hi, I have the same question and worry. Why no one got thier passports back yet.

My hubby resubmitted three weeks ago. No response yet.

lubzy

Post by lubzy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:26 pm

I think they are saying 28 days at the moment so in UKBA / Gerry speak that probably means anything from 4 to 6, maybe up to 8 weeks. Insha'Allah it will be no more than 4 weeks for all of us. There is also the added issue of the new IT hardware implementation taking place next weekend which will no doubt cause some delay.

juba

Post by juba » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:53 pm

Hi, I have the same question and worry. Why no one got thier passports back yet.
The waiting time these days is 2/3 months. We got our passport back after 3 months, and the same has happend to a couson of mine, he got his wifes passport after 9 weeks.

All will be well, It will come soon.
[/quote]

lubzy

Post by lubzy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:20 pm

juba wrote:
The waiting time these days is 2/3 months. We got our passport back after 3 months, and the same has happend to a couson of mine, he got his wifes passport after 9 weeks.

All will be well, It will come soon.
[/quote]

I know that your case was slightly unusual because it was a decision overturned by ECM and the waiting period was over Xmas / New Year / Eid. I have heard of others getting their passports back within a few weeks so I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best! Insha'Allah.

waheed
Mood:

Post by waheed » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi All Forum Members,

My long story here in the following threads

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

With the Grace of Al-Mighty Allah I got my passport back along with my wife and daughter, with HSMP Visa stamped. (Filed my initial HSMP application in Nov 0f 2006, approximately after 3 and 1/2 years)

I want to thanks all the members here who supported and helped me.

Regards

Waheed

doll737
Newly Registered

Post by doll737 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:31 pm

my husband got a call on friday from bhc. bhc were asking my husband to fax them the determination letter for appeal that we won cus bhc lost it so my husband faxed the forms to them straight away and they said hel get his passport back very soon. its gna be 6 weeks on thrusday.

Zaryaab
Newly Registered

Post by Zaryaab » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:19 am

This is worrying that only stamping the passport in Pakistan takes three or more months. anyone can suggestt if its the general timeframe for endorsing the settlement visa on passport. Anyone can help for contact number or e-mail where I can request for expediating the process because of my family circumstances in the UK.

DulheRaja

Post by DulheRaja » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:57 am

Har koi apna hi ro raha hai yahan...be patience...sabar ka phal mitha hota hai..jis ka dana jahan likha ho gha usko wwo milegha..
Damn to the BHC Islamabad!!!

Zaryaab
Newly Registered

Post by Zaryaab » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:48 am

dulhairaja sab, aapto lagta hai bohat sabri hain...magar kia kerain haalat hi kuch aisai hain kai rona perta hai..sabar ka phal tou zaroor meetha hota hai magar umar ka kia kerain rukti nahee.