ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance(e)s and proposed civil partners

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deepuk
Newly Registered

Fiance(e)s and proposed civil partners

Post by deepuk » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi

I am a british national. My girl friend is an Indian national bt shez currently studying in australia. We want to know If she can apply for her visa so that she can come here and get married. Coz shez an indian national, We are not sure if she should go back to india to apply for this visa or not.

one of the Visa supporting documents is, my passport. Am still wondering if its legal to send my passport to another country when am in another.

has anyone applied for this visa or has any info in this regards?

Thanks
Deepak

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Assuming she is legally resident in Australia then there is no reason why she can't apply from there.

Your best bet would be to get copies of your passport certified by a solicitor and send them. I know some people have used uncertified copies and they were accepted, though I wouldn't necessarily recommend not having them certified.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:25 pm

You will definately need to have any documents you're submitting which aren't original, legally certified. Don't send your original passport.

deepuk
Newly Registered

Post by deepuk » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Thank you guys for the reply. I have another problem now. We are to apply Online bt we are confused when we are filling the application(test run). When we select marriage as type of visa we are wanting , much later on in the application, Its not giving us an option of intendeding to get married bt civil partnership. We have no plans of getting into civil partnership(assuming its partnership) we want to be legally wedded as husband and wife.

Can anyone throw some light on this.

Thanks & regards

Deepak