ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leoleo
Newly Registered

Post by leoleo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:51 am

Thank you , Tanukiji :)

All the best with your Application :)

adel2009
Newly Registered

Post by adel2009 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi adel2009

I got an acknowledgement letter to say they have received my application form + payment on 20 Feb (8 days after NCS appointment) and the letter was dated 17 Feb. The money did not leave my account until Thurs 25 Feb though.

Have you submitted your application?

I am quietly confident everything will go smoothly.

The other post I was referring to was:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I have not submitted it yet but will once the living in the UK test passed soon.
Will keep you updated as well.

All the best to every one.

Tanukiji
Newly Registered

Post by Tanukiji » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:33 am

Good news! I got my approval letter this morning!!!

3 weeks + 1 day afer the NCS meeting. The letter was actually dated 25 February and application forms and supporting documents were received by HO on 15 Feb so all in all 10 days it took to process.

I am so relieved to have arrived at the end of my journey now.

So this confirms that you can apply 6 years after your wedding date. Good luck to everyone.

adel2009
Newly Registered

Post by adel2009 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:22 pm

Congratulations mate.

All the best

grags
Newly Registered

congrats Tanukiji

Post by grags » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:29 pm

Congrats Tanukiji, you have motivated me now cos i was scared of loosing money in this hard times.... i will follow your steps and apply. :D

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Hi Tanukiji

My congratulations!

Can you share some info with us:

1. Did you submit your PR card (assuming it was issued as a standalone document)?
2. Did you have to submit proof of your wife excercising treaty rights for 6 years?
3. Did they ask you to submit proof of cohabitation for 6 years?
4. Did you have to submit your spouse passport or national ID?
5. Did you submit any other documents apart from your passport and Life in the UK certificate?

Tanukiji
Newly Registered

Post by Tanukiji » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi guys

Thanks a lot.

To BLK 235

1. No, mine was a sticker in my passport
2. No, I had everything with me but they said they did not need it, BTW I'm female... :cry:
3. ditto to number 2
4. Yes. I had my husband's passport and PR card (which is a sepearte card, dark blue in colour)
5. Life in UK Test certificate + Marriage certificate + my previous passport to cover the whole 6 year period + my second passport (as I'm a dual national by birth - now I'm a tri-national!)

PS they said they only asked for my husband's ID + marriage certificate because I want to use my married name on my British passport. I am still using my maiden name on both my existing passports (I've just been too lazy to sort it out).

They told me that the list of documents for EEA nationals on the AN guide applies to EEA nationals and their family members who have not gone through the EEA4 PR application.

As I have applied and been granted PR, my application was on the basis of 5 year lawful residency, evidence of which is the stamps on my passports.

I took all the docs I could get my hand on with me to the NCS appointment and they did not need most of it, but it I had to go through it again I would still take everything with me just in case.

I hope this helps.

minnie77
Newly Registered

Post by minnie77 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:56 am

Hi Tanukiji,

Can you let me know what date you put on Form AN 1.3?
(1.3 Please say when you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK (not necessary if you are a Commonwealth Citzen with right of abode in the United Kingdom). If you are an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family emmeber of EEA or Swiss national you should read page 5 in the guide.)

Did you put the date from your PR stamp or the day you reached 5 year after you first arrive in UK?

Many thanks in advance.

Mandy

Tanukiji
Newly Registered

Post by Tanukiji » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi Minnie77 (Mandy)

I used my date of marriage + 5 years. My husband and I had been in the UK for some time before we got married.

Not sure about if you got married before you moved to the UK. I'm guessing the date you get here + 5 years would be the one to use if the EEA spouse started exercising their treaty rights straight away. But again, I am not 100% sure. Can someone else confirm?

:)

nagshead
Newly Registered

necessary documents for naturalisation

Post by nagshead » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Many thanks Tanukiji for all the information you have provided, I am in a similar situation and based on your posts I will be applying for naturalisation.

I am a non eea citisen and my wife is from Denmark, Today I phoned the Nationality check office to ask about necessary documents and they said they needed all the documents about my wife as well! even though I already have a Permanent residence. Is this right, because we have already provided all those documents and got permanent residence, and I dont see why we should provide the same documents about her? She is not appying for naturalisation anyway.

But funnly enough I have phoned another Nationality check office and they said they only need my documents, p60, employment letter etc.. So I am confused.

So based on your experience you did not have to submit anything about your husband? Is that right? Just his passport and marriage certificate and some documents about yourself. I know some of these questions are unswered but I wanted to make sure as I am getting different messages from people.

many thanks

Tanukiji
Newly Registered

Post by Tanukiji » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi nagshead

Yes, all they took were our passports + marriage certificate and the Life in the UK certificate. When I booked the appointment I didn't ask them what I needed to bring because I was preparing to take everything with me anyway. I still had all the supporting documents for our EEA3 & 4 applications in one envelope and I also took along up to date utility bills, mortgage statements and payslips (for both).

When I was there I kept asking the NCS lady to take more documents from me but she said she had everything she needed. I asked her to phone the Home Office to check and they confirmed that was all she needed from me.

I was earwigging when she was on the phone to HO and they were on first name basis and seemed quite familiar with each other so my guess was that HO have a dedicated phoneline to help the NCS officers (at least it appered so for Leeds). So hopefully, they will be giving consistent information to these people.

Having said that, I posted a link to another post previously (see above) and the other forum member Abidjan1, who was also successful in his application, was asked to provide a different set of documents from me.

I am of the opinion that when dealing with the HO it is good to be paranoid. If your wife's documents are available to you I would take them along as it cannot hurt.

My experience with NCS was very positive so don't be put off. Good luck with your application.

nagshead
Newly Registered

Post by nagshead » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks for the info Tanukiji..

sk1107
Newly Registered

Re: e: Naturalisation after 15 months delay previous eea4 PR

Post by sk1107 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Ben wrote:
Tomuk wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply, this info is very helpfull. One more thing please, Can I make the application independently this time in my own rights or do I need still the support of my wife with her work history as well and evedince of her exersising treaty rights for this 6 years.

I really appreciate your feedback
Independently. Your application for naturalisation shall be based on your being a person who has been present and settled in the UK for at least one year. Your wife's activities are not relevant.
hey every one .. can some one please please help me on this ...

came to uk feb 2004
apply for residence document feb 2009
got my passport back with stamp dec 2009.

so as my understanding i am eligible to apply for naturalisation in feb 2010 ? As I acquired my PR in feb 2009 !
also as I as not living with my partner any more but legally still married do i have to provide any of his documents ?? or as Quote here that I can apply independantly !
please help :(

sk1107
Newly Registered

Re: e: Naturalisation after 15 months delay previous eea4 PR

Post by sk1107 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:23 pm

can some one help pleassseeeeeeeeeee :(

sk1107 wrote:
Ben wrote:
Tomuk wrote:Thanks a lot for your reply, this info is very helpfull. One more thing please, Can I make the application independently this time in my own rights or do I need still the support of my wife with her work history as well and evedince of her exersising treaty rights for this 6 years.

I really appreciate your feedback
Independently. Your application for naturalisation shall be based on your being a person who has been present and settled in the UK for at least one year. Your wife's activities are not relevant.
hey every one .. can some one please please help me on this ...

came to uk feb 2004
apply for residence document feb 2009
got my passport back with stamp dec 2009.

so as my understanding i am eligible to apply for naturalisation in feb 2010 ? As I acquired my PR in feb 2009 !
also as I as not living with my partner any more but legally still married do i have to provide any of his documents ?? or as Quote here that I can apply independantly !
please help :(

troubled

Post by troubled » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:29 am

Overdued for citizenship.Go for it.

London-er

Post by London-er » Mon May 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Tanukiji wrote:I completed my 5 years in October 2008. It took 9 months to get the PR stamp (June 2009).

I submitted my application via NCS last week and there was no problem about the PR sticker being less than 12 months old.

I am waiting to see how my case progresses. On a different post, another member was succesful and it seemed his application went through very quickly (less than one month). I am hoping I will be as lucky.
Based on your post, I had a different experience today, would you please contribute to this.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57536

Tanukiji
Newly Registered

Post by Tanukiji » Tue May 25, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi London-er

Sorry to hear about the trouble your friend is having. I think your friend has been given the wrong information.

If you refer to Guide AN on page 5 where it talks about the EEA nationals. The guide states:

'New immigration regulations came into force on 30 April 2006. If you are a national of a country which is a member state of the EEA or Switzerland, or the family member of such a person, you will automatically have permanent residence status after exercising EEA free
movement rights in the UK for any continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April 2006, and therefore will not have to apply for indefinite leave to remain.
But remember that, unless married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should normally have held permanent resident status for 12 months before applying for naturalisation.'

I am not sure how they can insist on the PR sticker being a year old when according to the guide (which accompanies the application form, and comes off their own website) says you don't even need to apply for it at all. However, from the text above I was also under the impression that I need to be able to prove that my husband continued to exercise his treaty rights after the initial 5 years. I understood that I would only qualify providing I have been his family member for at least 6 years and that he has also been exercising his treaty rights throughout this time.

I had all the documents with me but the NCS lady said she did not need to see any of it. I am not sure what happened here but she said I am applying in my own right as I have been a lawful residence for 5 years.

I also had a hardcopy of Guide AN with me and I had highlighted the section above and the NCS lady took a quick look at it and said they don't need my husband's documents.

At my insistance the lady checked the list of documents she needed from me with her supervisor and also over the phone and with someone at the processing centre and both of them said it was fine. So I did not argue any further.

After my appointment I was half expecting the HO to contact me for more information but never heard from them until they sent me the approval letter.

I have completed my naturalisation process very quickly. I believe my application was valid and it was not the case that it 'slipped through the net'. As mentioned before I was not the first one to apply with this type of timescale.

I'm not sure how much help this is to you but this was my experience and my application went through smoothly.

I'm sorry again that you are experiecing problems. I have to also point out I am not an expert and my understanding on these issues have been formed from the information on this forum.

Good luck and keep everyone posted on how you get on.

(I edited the post as I re-read your post and realised I had misunderstood some of the information. )

London-er

Post by London-er » Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Thanks for your response, I'm waiting for the Gurus to responde to this. I'm a bit curious about this because it will be my turn to apply sometime in july. My application was also delayed for several months. However I'm using another NCS in my own borough

Khloé K
Newly Registered

Post by Khloé K » Wed May 26, 2010 3:49 pm

...............Send it to the home office with
- Evidence of 5 years residence in the uk exple P60 for the pass 5 years, letter from employers, colleges.....
- prove of your PR
- test of Life in the UK
-the fees of £720.00
I thought you don't need to send the 5 years proof of UK residency anymore? Just Life in the UK test certificate, your passport with the PR card, application form, the fee and that's it :?:

John

Post by John » Wed May 26, 2010 8:17 pm

That would depend upon whether you have a PR card, and even if you have, the date it was granted. After all the PR happens automatically, but UKBA might not know that unless you send proof.
John

Khloé K
Newly Registered

Post by Khloé K » Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

John wrote:That would depend upon whether you have a PR card, and even if you have, the date it was granted. After all the PR happens automatically, but UKBA might not know that unless you send proof.
I see...so, if the date on the PR card is 27th May 2010 and apply naturalization on 28th May 2011, no proof of UK residency or supporting documents from eea national are required? :roll:

John

Post by John » Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Yes, I agree that, because it will be totally clear that the PR will have been held for at least one year.
John

olganct
Newly Registered

Post by olganct » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:35 am

I have been reading the above, can I just ask you guys whether I got this right re my own case?

Married EEA in May 2004
Never applied for PR stamp
But can from May 2010 apply for Naturalisation? (with proofs of me legally being here for the last 6 years and other docs)

I could not apply last year for my PR stamp (the baby arrived), so it does make a difference if I can apply for Naturalisation straightaway without wasting time on getting PR stamp first via EEA4 route.

Thank you in advance!

John

Post by John » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:47 am

How has your EEA spouse been exercising their Treaty Rights in the last 6 years? Also do you have proof that the Treaty Rights have been exercised in that way?
John

olganct
Newly Registered

Post by olganct » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:27 pm

For the first two years letters from college confirming that we were studying, then P60s for the next 4 years when we were both working.
My DH has permanent residence card as well, dont know whether that would make any difference or not. Thank you!