ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

t_a786

Visa stamped

Post by t_a786 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi,

I wanted to ask if any knows how long does stamping the visa on the passport takes now days? My husband had submitted his passport 3 weeks ago and not heard since.

Please please do let me know if you recently had passport back with visa stamped on it. This is by the way is after overturned decision of ECO.

I am praying for everyone to get good news soon.

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:11 am

Hello BatleyKhan and others

Not sure if you remember but my wifes visa was refused a few months back. Well we appealed in January and my wife just got a call letter saying that the ECO want to review their decision and want her passport and tb certificate etc

Does this mean the ECO has overturned his decision and my wife will be getting a visa? Thanks

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 pm

anelka wrote:Hello BatleyKhan and others

Not sure if you remember but my wifes visa was refused a few months back. Well we appealed in January and my wife just got a call letter saying that the ECO want to review their decision and want her passport and tb certificate etc

Does this mean the ECO has overturned his decision and my wife will be getting a visa? Thanks
Hi, Yeh this is what they done and few days later you will get letter saying they overturned the decision. You should get visa now.

good luck. what i heard is that it can take three months to get passport back. Do let me know how it is going?

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:51 pm

t_a786 wrote:

Hi, Yeh this is what they done and few days later you will get letter saying they overturned the decision. You should get visa now.

good luck. what i heard is that it can take three months to get passport back. Do let me know how it is going?
Thanks for the reply. So my wife should be getting another letter soon saying they have overturned their decision?

And does it really take 3 months? I was told 4 weeks?

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:59 pm

sabeen wrote:
17F4N wrote:
sabeen wrote:
Jameel17 wrote:
How strange is that.. Did your partner get a letter or something? Have tried contacting UK Visa Section..

I know people have started to receive a letter confirming that they have got their visa and to submit their passport to the gerry office.

It is beyond a frustrating point...
My wife has got no letter yet nor have I contacted UK visa
I have received my original documents today and a letter from AIT saying that the correspondent has withdrawn the original deceision. do u know how long they are going to take to issue the letter from isb and visa, and whats the exact process
Wow your lucky i had nothing whatsoever.. I starting to think something is not right now..

Sabeen i assume your spouse should receive a letter in the coming week then you would need to take the letter along with the medical certificate and passport to your local Gerry office - not sure how long they will take to stamp the visa.

Just a quick question where did you submit your appeal document to? Was it to AIT or UK Visa Section in Croyden (UK)??

I had sent my documents to UK Visa Section in Croyden (UK) and got a feeling that i should have posted out to AIT instead..

My wife was sent a letter aswell when I received my documents back. She resubmitted her passport on the 26th February and was told that she should get it back within 2 weeks. It will be 2 weeks on friday.

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Jameel17 wrote:
sabeen wrote:
17F4N wrote:
sabeen wrote:
My wife has got no letter yet nor have I contacted UK visa
I have received my original documents today and a letter from AIT saying that the correspondent has withdrawn the original deceision. do u know how long they are going to take to issue the letter from isb and visa, and whats the exact process
Wow your lucky i had nothing whatsoever.. I starting to think something is not right now..

Sabeen i assume your spouse should receive a letter in the coming week then you would need to take the letter along with the medical certificate and passport to your local Gerry office - not sure how long they will take to stamp the visa.

Just a quick question where did you submit your appeal document to? Was it to AIT or UK Visa Section in Croyden (UK)??

I had sent my documents to UK Visa Section in Croyden (UK) and got a feeling that i should have posted out to AIT instead..

My wife was sent a letter aswell when I received my documents back. She resubmitted her passport on the 26th February and was told that she should get it back within 2 weeks. It will be 2 weeks on friday.
FINALLLLYYYY - after 9 weeks of waiting, 5 emails sent to UK VISA Section and 2 phone calls to AIT my wife received a call yesterday from Islamabad office stating that the Visa has been authorised and to submit her passport to the local gerry's office.

Today my wife had supplied her passport to the gerry's office and was told it could take up to 4 week..

What a relief i never knew how stressful this whole process is... never again!!

Best start cleaning out my closet!!!

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:57 pm

17F4N wrote: FINALLLLYYYY - after 9 weeks of waiting, 5 emails sent to UK VISA Section and 2 phone calls to AIT my wife received a call yesterday from Islamabad office stating that the Visa has been authorised and to submit her passport to the local gerry's office.

Today my wife had supplied her passport to the gerry's office and was told it could take up to 4 week..

Congratulation Bro! Hope everything goes well for you.

Ps. If my wifes shoe collection is anything to go by you'll need more than one closet!

t_a786

Post by t_a786 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:21 pm

hi

my husband submitted documents three weeks ago and he was told by gerry people 3 months. He phoned them yesterday as well and they said 3 months again. who knows?

hope it is soon. wedding anniversary is on 28th march.

good luck.

MohammedKhan2009

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 pm

hi there, why was ur visa refused, in the first place?
my wifes was refused in december, we appeal on 4th january and havent heard anything yet.

look forward to hearing from you

thanks

mohammed

imur69er

Post by imur69er » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:19 am

balteykhan ...

what do you reckon? how many money transfer reciepts (money send to spouse or parent evidence) would be enough to support my mothers/wife application?
is 3 months enough?

thanks a lot.

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 am

MohammedKhan2009 wrote:hi there, why was ur visa refused, in the first place?
my wifes was refused in december, we appeal on 4th january and havent heard anything yet.

look forward to hearing from you

thanks

mohammed

Rejected because my income was not showing in my personal account (plus I forgot to give my wage slips lol)

But can someone confirm that the letter my wife received to say that she needs to bring her passport, tb certificate etc is definite that the ECO has overturned his decision?

Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:28 am

But can someone confirm that the letter my wife received to say that she needs to bring her passport, tb certificate etc is definite that the ECO has overturned his decision?
Yes of course they are going to issue the visa , why else would they want it for................. however be warned that they MAY still ask for some documents to make sure your major circumstances havent changed since the day the decision was made to grant visa, ( eg they might want employment letter.. to make sure you are still employed).

However this rarely happens now, and it looks like she is going to arrive soon, so if I was you, I would start preparing for that and stop worrying and asking the same question over and over :D ::roll:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:34 am

imur69er wrote:balteykhan ...

what do you reckon? how many money transfer reciepts (money send to spouse or parent evidence) would be enough to support my mothers/wife application?
is 3 months enough?

thanks a lot.
As many as you can, the better

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:06 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Yes of course they are going to issue the visa , why else would they want it for................. however be warned that they MAY still ask for some documents to make sure your major circumstances havent changed since the day the decision was made to grant visa, ( eg they might want employment letter.. to make sure you are still employed).

However this rarely happens now, and it looks like she is going to arrive soon, so if I was you, I would start preparing for that and stop worrying and asking the same question over and over :D ::roll:
lol, its just that the letter she received didnt metion that the ECO has over turned their decision but rather to bring your documents so we can review your case so there was still a question mark in my head lol but InshaAllah she will be here soon. Again thank you

So, is it 4 weeks to stamp the visa? :D :lol:

shaz1980

spouse settlement visa

Post by shaz1980 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:42 pm

hi all
my wife has also recentyly applied on 26 feb 10 on the tracking it show application fowarded to oc on since the day she applied

wat does it mean oc? how long does it take now a days,where does the settlement visa get prcessed in U.K abudhabi or Islamabad she applied from karachi

i hope she gets the visa soon, got married in may 09,,please pray for us

thanks

t_kaay

Re: spouse settlement visa

Post by t_kaay » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:36 pm

shaz1980 wrote:hi all
my wife has also recentyly applied on 26 feb 10 on the tracking it show application fowarded to oc on since the day she applied

wat does it mean oc? how long does it take now a days,where does the settlement visa get prcessed in U.K abudhabi or Islamabad she applied from karachi

i hope she gets the visa soon, got married in may 09,,please pray for us

thanks
OC=overseas centre.......settlement visas are dealt with at croydon, london and visit visas in abu dhabi. 4-6 weeks for a decision for settlement

Jameel17
Newly Registered

Post by Jameel17 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:20 pm

17F4N wrote:
Jameel17 wrote:
sabeen wrote:
17F4N wrote:

FINALLLLYYYY - after 9 weeks of waiting, 5 emails sent to UK VISA Section and 2 phone calls to AIT my wife received a call yesterday from Islamabad office stating that the Visa has been authorised and to submit her passport to the local gerry's office.

Congratulations brother!! Ive already cleaned the closet. :wink: I was told 2 weeks and everyday im hoping that todays the day shes gunna be told to collect her passport...

deemi

Post by deemi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Salam all
I have been reading these forums for what seems an age – finding confidence from some posts and getting freaked out by others!!
I was just wondering if anyone could give some advice and comments as my wife is hoping to apply for her visa in the next couple of weeks!
Got married on 31/01/10 and spent the next month in Pakistan with the Mrs (miss her loads!!).
Basically this is what I am planning on submitting:
• The application
• Letter from my solicitor detailing our relationship
• An attested letter stating that I intend to support my wife (this was completed in Jan as I took a load of paperwork with me)
• Form SU07 (I think)
• Attested copies of my passport pages – including the photo page and the pages with the entry and exit stamps.
• My airline tickets
• Copies of my NIOC card
• The original nikah nama plus attested English translation
• 6 month of bank statements up to January
• 6 months payslips up to February
• A letter from my employer detailing how long i have worked there and my salary
• A further letter from employer showing i have had a pay rise
• My most recent P60 (08/09)
• Title deeds of my house (co owned by mum)
• A letter from mum saying she supports the application
• Housing inspection report
• Letter from mortgage provider saying everything is up to date
• Gas and electricity bills
• About 40 wedding pics
• About 20 pics of time me and wife spent together (1 month after the wedding)
• A copy of the wedding DVD
• Calling cards!!! (I know)
• Screen prints from O2 website showing texts to her (these have increased since i have been back but I can only provide from Jan and didn’t really text her much before the wedding!)
• A birthday card that I have sent as she has just turned 21.
• Her passport
• TB cert
• Her ID card and copies
• My mum has some income support/disability living allowance into my account as i handle her finances – therefore i have included a letter from the DWP to show it is hers.
My main points of concern are that some of the documentation dates from late last year 09 (November and December time – things such as employers letter, mortgage stuff and solicitors letter) and some I am sending now. Will this matter?
Also with regards to intervening devotion – the marriage was arranged in 2007 however we wanted to wait until she was a bit older therefore the ceremony took place in Jan 2010 – during this period we have communicated only by calling cards.
However since i have come back i have been texting multiple messages every day – but this will only cover about 1 month (from end of Feb to about end of March). As we wont have been apart for that long since the wedding and until the application will this be ok??
And will they have an issue with my mums income support/disability living allowance? The solicitor seems to think not!
Hope this makes sense!
Any and all advice is much appreciated especially from batleykhan as you seem to be a freaking genius!
Wa salam
Done waiting!!!!

sabeen
Newly Registered

Post by sabeen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Congratulations Jameel....I am just hoping that my husband receives his letter soon so that he can submit his passport, its been one week....any idea when he should receive it? or should he contact Gerrys?

I can't wait!!

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:11 pm

My wife submitted her application on 24th Feb. Gerrys took her passport from her and said it had to be submitted with the application in order for it to be stamps (if the application was approved). Did anyone else get asked to submit it?

Also how do I track her application, she has given me two numbers; one starting "GRY" and the other "LHE". I put both numbers into the tracking page on the Gerrys website but they are not accepted.

Jazakallah

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 pm

deemi wrote:Salam all
I have been reading these forums for what seems an age – finding confidence from some posts and getting freaked out by others!!
I was just wondering if anyone could give some advice and comments as my wife is hoping to apply for her visa in the next couple of weeks!
Got married on 31/01/10 and spent the next month in Pakistan with the Mrs (miss her loads!!).
Basically this is what I am planning on submitting:
• The application
• Letter from my solicitor detailing our relationship
• An attested letter stating that I intend to support my wife (this was completed in Jan as I took a load of paperwork with me)
• Form SU07 (I think)
• Attested copies of my passport pages – including the photo page and the pages with the entry and exit stamps.
• My airline tickets
• Copies of my NIOC card
• The original nikah nama plus attested English translation
• 6 month of bank statements up to January
• 6 months payslips up to February
• A letter from my employer detailing how long i have worked there and my salary
• A further letter from employer showing i have had a pay rise
• My most recent P60 (08/09)
• Title deeds of my house (co owned by mum)
• A letter from mum saying she supports the application
• Housing inspection report
• Letter from mortgage provider saying everything is up to date
• Gas and electricity bills
• About 40 wedding pics
• About 20 pics of time me and wife spent together (1 month after the wedding)
• A copy of the wedding DVD
• Calling cards!!! (I know)
• Screen prints from O2 website showing texts to her (these have increased since i have been back but I can only provide from Jan and didn’t really text her much before the wedding!)
• A birthday card that I have sent as she has just turned 21.
• Her passport
• TB cert
• Her ID card and copies
• My mum has some income support/disability living allowance into my account as i handle her finances – therefore i have included a letter from the DWP to show it is hers.
My main points of concern are that some of the documentation dates from late last year 09 (November and December time – things such as employers letter, mortgage stuff and solicitors letter) and some I am sending now. Will this matter?
Also with regards to intervening devotion – the marriage was arranged in 2007 however we wanted to wait until she was a bit older therefore the ceremony took place in Jan 2010 – during this period we have communicated only by calling cards.
However since i have come back i have been texting multiple messages every day – but this will only cover about 1 month (from end of Feb to about end of March). As we wont have been apart for that long since the wedding and until the application will this be ok??
And will they have an issue with my mums income support/disability living allowance? The solicitor seems to think not!
Hope this makes sense!
Any and all advice is much appreciated especially from batleykhan as you seem to be a freaking genius!
Wa salam
I wouldnt bother with the ones outlined in red. I think you have more than enough with the rest of the docs

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Asalaam alakium deemi

I have read over you list and have a few points for you:

DVD - don't include it, they will either bin it or now allow your wife to take it into the application centre.

Calling cards -
Texts - I am in the same situation. Remember they want to see that your marriage is genuine so include the latest bill/list you can. I have vodafone which allowed me to print all e-bills. It might be worth printing the webpage if you can.

Make sure you/she photocopys of all her documents (passport, id card etc) and takes them with her.

Passport photos - you need 4 (i think)

Get your employer to update the letter, you may have been made redundant for all they know.

Update solicior letter too

Write a Statement of sponsorship - This is written by you to state you intend to sponor your wife, cover travel expenses and living expenses. State where you will live etc and re-state you employment details. Sign it and ask your solicitor to counter sign it

Detail why mums allowance is paid into your account

Hope this helps

imur69er

Post by imur69er » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 pm

@ batleykhan

what is this TB Certificate? Where can we get it from? Any good hospital or it has to be linked to UK High Commission authorized?

my wife already has a visit visa (which is still valid), does she still needs to get TB certificate for the spouse visa application?

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi Amr Bhai
amr2010 wrote:Asalaam alakium deemi

I have read over you list and have a few points for you:

DVD - don't include it, they will either bin it or now allow your wife to take it into the application centre.
i
Calling cards -
Texts - I am in the same situation. Remember they want to see that your marriage is genuine so include the latest bill/list you can. I have vodafone which allowed me to print all e-bills. It might be worth printing the webpage if you can.

Make sure you/she photocopys of all her documents (passport, id card etc) and takes them with her.

Passport photos - you need 4 (i think)

Get your employer to update the letter, you may have been made redundant for all they know.

Update solicior letter too

Write a Statement of sponsorship - This is written by you to state you intend to sponor your wife, cover travel expenses and living expenses. State where you will live etc and re-state you employment details. Sign it and ask your solicitor to counter sign it

Detail why mums allowance is paid into your account

Hope this helps

You can track your application by three ways.

1.Online Web Tracking.
Go to web site www.ukvacpk.com then go to track your passport option.
You would enter your application ref starting for example LHE/111209/112867/1
then you would enter your birth date like 23-04-1980

It would display result like Application submitted to Islamabad Bc on

Here is link for you information.

https://www.vfsglobal.org/UKG-PassportT ... /ddzHqXg==

2.By Phone

You can ring number

Telephone enquiries

For PTCL land lines: 090010411
From UK: 00 92 51 2098999
All mobile providers dial short code: 8865

and ask for your application status.

3.Send them email to different address and ask for your application status.

Hope answer the question

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 pm

imur69er wrote:@ batleykhan

what is this TB Certificate? Where can we get it from? Any good hospital or it has to be linked to UK High Commission authorized?

my wife already has a visit visa (which is still valid), does she still needs to get TB certificate for the spouse visa application?
No for visas like visit visa for six moth this certificate is not required.

For other visa more then six month you have to submit this certificate along with your application.

If you are in Pakistan you would need to book an appointment at given numbers below

Health (Tuberculosis) Screening

Applicants in Pakistan can book appointments for tuberculosis (TB) screening with the call centre operated by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM).

International Organization for Migration call centre contact number

UAN : + 92 51 111 466 472

Only IQM certificate are valid for visa.Not common hospitals.

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member