ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:28 pm

in my case...
6 years legal continuely study visa as student
4 years granted work permit and next year work permit visa due.

consider legally stay within 10 years and no absence gap at all.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:32 pm

what do you guys think about we ALL go to the number 10 downing street ?

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:58 pm

unless we have crowd of applicants join and dispute it. as we located in different places and hard to assembles. unless we spreads out the words see who will willing to attend....

i definately a first 1!
Last edited by boonbin on Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

willing to attend - THE LIST

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:09 pm

• boonbin
    coolboyuk

boonbin

lists of carbinet ministers

Post by boonbin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:18 pm

i have the lists which if you want to draw an attention as well for our issues.

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/ministe ... ts/ho.aspx

boonbin

THE LIST - Willing to attend at 10 Downing Street

Post by boonbin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:24 pm

[quote="coolboyuk"]

THE LIST - Willing to attend at 10 Downing Street to dispute against SET(O) 10 years legal stay treated unfairly and long wait. privisional date (End of March or early April) if we all agree to go ahead!!!

1) boonbin
2) coolboyuk

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Re: THE LIST - Willing to attend at 10 Downing Street

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Nice one. do you think we should get Solicitor involved too?

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Transitional arrangements for earned citizenship

Post by coolboyuk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Does this apply to us too ? ? ? ?

# If a migrant has already been given indefinite leave to remain (also known as settlement) on the date when earned citizenship is introduced, they will automatically be considered to be a 'permanent resident'. They will not need to pay or apply for this to occur. They will be eligible to apply for British citizenship under the current rules during the first two years after earned citizenship is introduced.

# If a migrant has applied for indefinite leave to remain before the date when earned citizenship is introduced, and is subsequently granted indefinite leave to remain, they will be eligible to apply for British citizenship under the current rules during the first two years after earned citizenship is introduced.

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:14 am

aman5 wrote:Perhaps formatting of the letter could be something on these lines:

Subject: ‘10 years continuous legal stay’ Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) applications

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I write this letter for certain information specifically pertaining to people applying under '10 years continuous legal stay in UK' indefinite leave to remain category.

My Query(s)

1. From 1st January 2010 UKBA stopped accepting same day applications for people applying under 10 years continuous legal stay in UK category.

Would appreciate if exact reason is disclosed for withdrawing the same day facility for people applying under '10 years continuous legal stay in UK' ILR while still allowing some other categories applying for ILR the facility to apply under the same day premium service facility as this directive could be perhaps highly discriminatory, per se, in nature.

2. Accordingly on UKBA website waiting time for ILR applications for long stay applications is as follows:

• UKBA decides 95% of postal applications within six months;

Please could you give a exact breakdown (actual numbers) of application received between 1st February 2009 and 28th February 2010 under ‘10 years continuous legal stay in UK’ indefinite leave to remain category and how many of these applications (actual numbers) were decided within 6 months?

Please could you also in your reply give exact breakdown of number of cases which UKBA took more than 6 months to decide between the period 1st Feb. 2009 and 28th Feb 2010?

Also, what was the average time as well as maximum time taken to decide cases which fall in the remaining 5% that do not get a decision within 6 months of their ILR applications?

Lastly, please could UKBA confirm whether when processing applications, applications under '10 years continuous lawful stay in UK' ILR category are clubbed along with asylum applications in UKBA i.e. caseworkers of a particular unit in UKBA who are assigned to deal with asylum applications are also assigned to deal with '10 years continuous legal stay in UK' applications?

I await your reply.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,

Please dont mind when i say this, but i think this is too long winded and the questions being asked are buried in too many words. Think about if you were working there and getting thousands of emails a day and seeing a large wordy email, one would probably skim read it if not just stick an automated reply. Its good to be clear and precise and not too emotional.

Maybe something in the lines of:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to request some informaiton under the Freedom Of Information Act regarding 10-year ILR applicantions.

1. What was the total number of 10-year ILR applications in the past year?
2. How many applications under the 10-year ILR were prcessed in less than 6 months in the past year?
3. ...
4. ... etc

Thank you for your cooperation.
Yours Sincerely,
Mr X.

aman5

Post by aman5 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:58 am

Boonbin and userid 'coolboyuk'

Please check your private message box.

aman5

Post by aman5 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:10 am

terriblefish wrote:

'i think this is too long winded'

Approx. half a page of letter looks too long winded to you?

terriblefish further wrote:

'Questions asked buried in too many words'?

Oh really....Are you serious? :roll:

terriblefish then wrote:

'Think about if you were working there and getting thousands of emails a day and seeing a large wordy email, one would probably skim read it if not just stick an automated reply'.

And you think a one line (or there about) e-mail as opposed to, what you think of as 'large wordy' (whatever that means) letter of half a page, would be taken more seriously?

Then terriblefish wrote:

'Its good to be clear and precise'

So, according to you, extreme brevity (irrespective of whether such an e-mail carries any real substance or not) automatically translates to being 'clear and precise' (as opposed to a half a page letter which according to you is 'large wordy')? BTW, I am really curious, what exactly does the expression 'large wordy' mean?

terriblefish finally wrote@

'and not too emotional'.

Mr 'unemotional dude', from what angle did the letter seem too emotional to you? Now, now, terriblefish....go on....do tell us....don't be shy....you are amongst friends....
Last edited by aman5 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

aman5

Post by aman5 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:46 am

If I may....Letter format to MPs etc

Mr …or Ms (as the case may be)
- Address -

Subject: ‘10 years continuous legal stay’ Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) applications

Dear Mr or Ms…..

I write this letter to draw your attention to the long wait most people have to endure who, at present, apply under '10 years continuous legal stay in UK' indefinite leave to remain category.

Same day premium service facility for people applying under '10 year continuous legal stay in the UK' ILR was withdrawn from 1st Jan. 2010. Surprisingly, a policy which still allows some other categories applying for ILR the facility to apply under the same day premium service can, at best, be described as slightly discriminatory policy in nature as some people applying in ILR category seem to be 'more equal than the others'....

Furthermore, accordingly on UKBA website waiting time for ILR applications for long stay applications is as follows:

• UKBA decides 95% of postal applications within six months.

Now with just the postal service available for people applying under 10 year ILR, one would have thought certain steps would be put in place to reduce the time frame for a decision from an average of six months to perhaps less than three months in duration.

Unfortunately, no efforts seem to have been made from 1st Jan 2010 to speed up decision making process for people applying under 10 year continuous legal stay ILR by post and now with withdrawal of same day premium service for 10 year ILR and everyone been forced to apply by post, there is every possibility that the decision taking time by UKBA for 10 year ILR may get even lengthier with the due passage of time.

Most people applying under 10 year ILR have stayed legally in UK during their entire duration in the UK and may have have immensely contributed to the UK society in many different ways during their stay in the UK.

Is it really fair to put the lives of all these people on hold for months on end by taking ages to decide their ILR applications? Surely they are not children of a lesser God to be treated in such an inhumane manner by the Govt. and furthermore they are made to undergo so much of stress and anxiety during their entire ILR application process.

I would be grateful if Government relooks at this entire issue and certain steps perhaps put in place that brings down the time taken from the present (for 95% of cases) six months to a new directive ensuring all cases of 10 year continuous legal stay being decided by UKBA within three months of an ILR application.

Thanks and Regards,

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:17 pm

aman5 wrote:terriblefish wrote:

'i think this is too long winded'

Approx. half a page of letter looks too long winded to you?

terriblefish further wrote:

'Questions asked buried in too many words'?

Oh really....Are you serious? :roll:

terriblefish then wrote:

'Think about if you were working there and getting thousands of emails a day and seeing a large wordy email, one would probably skim read it if not just stick an automated reply'.

And you think a one line (or there about) e-mail as opposed to, what you think of as 'large wordy' (whatever that means) letter of half a page, would be taken more seriously?

Then terriblefish wrote:

'Its good to be clear and precise'

So, according to you, extreme brevity (irrespective of whether such an e-mail carries any real substance or not) automatically translates to being 'clear and precise' (as opposed to a half a page letter which according to you is 'large wordy')? BTW, I am really curious, what exactly does the expression 'large wordy' mean?

terriblefish finally wrote@

'and not too emotional'.

Mr 'unemotional dude', from what angle did the letter seem too emotional to you? Now, now, terriblefish....go on....do tell us....don't be shy....you are amongst friends....
aman5, please dont be angered by what I wrote. I was merely passing on knowledge which have gained from writing to the HO in the past. you need not take on board anything i have said, i just put it out there for your consideration, you are ofcourse entitled to your own opinion.

Also i thought your letter was addressed to the HO, if however your letter is meant be for the MPs (which I only deduced from your post above), then being verbose is indeed the right thing to do. If the letter is meant for the HO, i stand by my original points.

Please accept my apoligies for any hurt caused.

boonbin

please share your experience to us!!help others

Post by boonbin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:19 am

Dear all awaiting applicants......

Thanks for taking time to visit this thread. if you have applied or recently applied ILR under category of SET(O) 10 years lawful long stay, please provide your progress and experience to share to others. i am pleasing to everyone who has participate in this thread so far. keep this thread alive, we still alot hard work to solve and discuss together under this category, in fact, we all admitted we being treated unfairly and discriminate. please work together and make it happens. lets prays hard wishes we all get it soon. Dont just sit and read. join and discuss and share please!!!

dolf
Newly Registered

Post by dolf » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:41 pm

I rang UKBA on Friday and again a robot answered as usual. After checking the computer for while she said “your application is not being completedâ€

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:37 pm

as we all should write and join petition to PM Gordon Brown, Minister of State (Borders and Immigration), Home of Secretary, UKBA, freedom of information, MP etc to draw attention about we are being treated unfairly and discriminated!

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Any update?

Post by coolboyuk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 am

has anyone received anything recently from UKBA ?

Sheng
Newly Registered

Re: Any update?

Post by Sheng » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:00 pm

coolboyuk wrote:has anyone received anything recently from UKBA ?
I have my sent on 5 August last year. It is now more than 7 months and still hear nothing from home office.

I have written them two letters requesting progress of my application, and there is no reply or what so ever at all from them.

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi Sheng,

good to seen that you are joining this thread. you were on the list of waiting list. i am on second.

not hear anything at all. wrote few letters with no reply at all. in the process of writing to home of secretary, minister of border and immigration. MP , PM gordon as well........

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi Sheng

could I ask your 10 years stay in uk , all the way through students status? or mixure of student and work permit etc

I know boonbin's category.

aman5

Post by aman5 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:33 pm

If let's say 150 applicants who have applied under '10 years continuous legal stay' ILR can come together and pool in money to form a common fund, a law firm, perhaps, could even be approached to challenge it in Court....as HO allowing only certain categories under ILR to apply for same day premium service while disallowing people applying under '10 years continuous legal stay' the same day premium service (and forcing them to apply only by post and then asking them to wait for months on end) may be discriminatory.
Last edited by aman5 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:36 pm

aman5 wrote:If 150 applicants can come together and let's say pool in £10 per person (thus total of £1500), a law firm, perhaps, could be approached to challenge it in Court....as HO allowing only certain categories under ILR to apply for same day premium service while disallowing people applying under '10 years continuous legal stay' the same day premium service (and forcing them to apply only by post) may be discriminatory.
Hi aman5, how we approach it? to get hold of 150 applicants and willing to participate it, kinda hard!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:38 pm

aman5 wrote:If 150 applicants can come together and let's say pool in £10 per person (thus total of £1500), a law firm, perhaps, could be approached to challenge it in Court....as HO allowing only certain categories under ILR to apply for same day premium service while disallowing people applying under '10 years continuous legal stay' the same day premium service (and forcing them to apply only by post) may be discriminatory.
Groan......

The simple reason is 10 year legal stay is a tough application and cannot be dealt with by the tick-boxers at the the PEO, where is the discrimination?

Plus £1500 would only pay the lease for a month on a decent barristers Aston....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

aman5

Post by aman5 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Boonbin

Difficult task but not impossible as we have an example of people under HSMP in the past coming together under a common platform to challenge the then directive and finally winning the case in Court(s).

Getting 150 together would mean interacting with members from some other immigration forums as well.... who may (like some members on this forum) be waiting for months on end for a decision from the HO.

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:52 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Groan......

The simple reason is 10 year legal stay is a tough application and cannot be dealt with by the tick-boxers at the the PEO, where is the discrimination?

Plus £1500 would only pay the lease for a month on a decent barristers Aston....
Since are you Guru, can you suggest what should we do? among of us have wait over 6 months or more.