ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview doubts

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asal
BANNED

Interview doubts

Post by asal » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 am

Hi,
If I say I'm currently working in India and came to london for a month leave to search job will be acceptable by the job agencies or companies to shortlist my resume?

Please advise.

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:55 pm

You can apply for Jobs if you have to right to work in the uk- a month before coming to the Uk for leave and see how it goes!

Also bear in mind that you will need NI also to work
All the best

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:53 am

~busybee~ wrote:You can apply for Jobs if you have to right to work in the uk- a month before coming to the Uk for leave and see how it goes!

All the best
plus

BANK ACCOUNT
UK WORK EXPERIENCE
& LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE IN UK WITHOUT JOB AS JOB MARKET IS VERY DRY.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Sandy0103
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy0103 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:04 pm

BTW whats NI? How can we have UK work experience, if we are coming for the first time in UK? What bank account?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Sandy0103 wrote:BTW whats NI? How can we have UK work experience, if we are coming for the first time in UK? What bank account?
When I came to UK many years ago and hunt for jobs all employers and Agencies were used to ask following things:

-Do you have valid visa?
-Are you allowed to work?
-Do you have UK work experience? ( mean 1st gain the experience than apply, normally it happens for office work or field related work eg: Accountants )
-Do you have National Insurance No?
-Do you have UK bank account?
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:30 am

Tim555 wrote:
~busybee~ wrote:You can apply for Jobs if you have to right to work in the uk- a month before coming to the Uk for leave and see how it goes!

All the best
plus

BANK ACCOUNT
UK WORK EXPERIENCE
For a month i am sure you dont need a lot of money !!! Boss to come and apply for a job you dont need a Bank Account ... You can apply for any job and once you get a job then you can always open an account. Also nowadays opening an account is not that hard.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:01 am

mahajanvivek wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

All the best
plus

BANK ACCOUNT
UK WORK EXPERIENCE
For a month i am sure you dont need a lot of money !!! Boss to come and apply for a job you dont need a Bank Account ... You can apply for any job and once you get a job then you can always open an account. Also nowadays opening an account is not that hard.
Why for a month? Are you planning to come over here for a month to hunt the job? or you are guessing in one month time you will definitaly get a job? A cheap hotel in london can charge from 25 to 50 pound per night and cheap shared accomodation is starts from 200 to 350. London Travelling cost is another issue on the top of it. Travelling and accomodation is very expensive overhere.

Opening a 1st bank account in uk as a new comer is always time consuming and difficult. Your above comments ''ONCE YOU GET A JOB'' is very unpredictable. God knows when can one gets a job, after that you will be more than welcome to open bank account.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:07 am

mahajanvivek wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

All the best
plus

BANK ACCOUNT
UK WORK EXPERIENCE
I am not aware how does it work in Ackland. Overhere employers pay weekly/monthly wages/salaries by BACS or Cheque. They dont pay cash ( very rare ). Without bank account where you gonna deposit your cheques ( bacs trf ). Will you ask help from friends settled in UK to deposit your cheque or receive your bacs in their bank acounts? :roll:

Definitaly you need your own bank account for job. If you are offering you services free of CHARGE than its another issue, I'm sure you dont need a bank account. You are right boss for job ( free services ) you dont need a bank account.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:46 pm

As a general rule, a bank account is not mandatory to go for an interview or secure a job. Before someone jumps at how I can say this, well then, the process my company and so do many other companies follow are

1. Job secured and person signed on
2. For a salary account, employee letter is required to state the reason and as proof for the bank.
3. Bank then opens the account on basis on employment, valid visa and the employer letter.

Check with HSBC as they manage our accounts and this is the procedure we follow. Now they would not do it if it was illegal right?
Hence you can attend the interview, get recruited and open an account. You can also open an account online without address proof but it has limited facilities. The company only wants your account to register you on the payroll.

You definitely need an account as soon as you are employed because you need an account to be paid your salary!

Cheers
KP

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:13 pm

you don't have to be worry about UK bank account, NI, UK work experience, etc. These can be sorted once you secured a job. However visa is very important.

but you do need to worry about securing a job in current condition.

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:21 pm

renzokuken wrote:you don't have to be worry about UK bank account, NI, UK work experience, etc.
but Uk experience matters while searching job. Guys with UK experience are given the edge over those who dont have...

Sandy0103
Newly Registered

Post by Sandy0103 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi kenfrapin,

Thanks for your explanatory answer. It answers my queries

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:29 pm

namastelondon wrote:but Uk experience matters while searching job. Guys with UK experience are given the edge over those who dont have...
I got my first job in the UK without any UK experience, even my company paid flight ticket for interview, hotel and all the expenses. After the job offer they gave me money for relocation, and sponsored my WP. But it was in the good old days.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 pm

renzokuken wrote:
namastelondon wrote:but Uk experience matters while searching job. Guys with UK experience are given the edge over those who dont have...
I got my first job in the UK without any UK experience, even my company paid flight ticket for interview, hotel and all the expenses. After the job offer they gave me money for relocation, and sponsored my WP. But it was in the good old days.
May be It was happening 25, 30 years ago ( good old days )???? :?

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:20 pm

namastelondon wrote:
renzokuken wrote:you don't have to be worry about UK bank account, NI, UK work experience, etc.
but Uk experience matters while searching job. Guys with UK experience are given the edge over those who dont have...
You are right dude, uk experience has an edge on others.

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:23 am

Tim555 wrote:May be It was happening 25, 30 years ago ( good old days )???? :?
It was 3 years ago, just before the crisis started.

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:53 am

Tim555 wrote:
mahajanvivek wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

All the best
plus

BANK ACCOUNT
UK WORK EXPERIENCE
I am not aware how does it work in Ackland. Overhere employers pay weekly/monthly wages/salaries by BACS or Cheque. They dont pay cash ( very rare ). Without bank account where you gonna deposit your cheques ( bacs trf ). Will you ask help from friends settled in UK to deposit your cheque or receive your bacs in their bank acounts? :roll:

Definitaly you need your own bank account for job. If you are offering you services free of CHARGE than its another issue, I'm sure you dont need a bank account. You are right boss for job ( free services ) you dont need a bank account.

boss you are one big negative ***************!!! He is only asking whether the companies will accept him if he comes for a month for job search. Boss Auckland is way more advanced in terms of banking. Here you can open up a bankaccount within half an hour but that is not the case in this scenario. He just wants to know something totally different. Opening up bankaccount can be done later on as well. Also many people in this forum have kept the cheques with them and submitted them when they had opened their bank account. Why dont you just try to give the information required rather than deviating the whole forum into your useless non informative jargon.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:36 pm

mahajanvivek wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
mahajanvivek wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
plus

BANK ACCOUNT
UK WORK EXPERIENCE

boss you are one big negative ***************!!! He is only asking whether the companies will accept him if he comes for a month for job search. Boss Auckland is way more advanced in terms of banking. Here you can open up a bankaccount within half an hour but that is not the case in this scenario. He just wants to know something totally different. Opening up bankaccount can be done later on as well. Also many people in this forum have kept the cheques with them and submitted them when they had opened their bank account. Why dont you just try to give the information required rather than deviating the whole forum into your useless non informative jargon.
?????? What's the point?? :roll:
Last edited by Tim555 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Dear Forum Members and Original Poster..

Before taking Tim555's words for any decent value, kindly go thru many of his other posts. He has only been negative, attacking almost all members and targeting one member after another....

Moderators - I hope this is being monitored because if this continues, I have better things to do than be associated with such forums

KP

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:49 pm

kenfrapin wrote:Dear Forum Members and Original Poster..

Before taking Tim555's words for any decent value, kindly go thru many of his other posts. He has only been negative, attacking almost all members and targeting one member after another....

Moderators - I hope this is being monitored because if this continues, I have better things to do than be associated with such forums

KP
:P :P BLA BLA BLA, PHOTOCOPIER.....

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:02 am

Dear Forum Members and Original Poster..

Before taking kenfrapin's words for any decent value, kindly go thru many of her other posts. She has only been negative, attacking and photocoping almost all members and targeting one member after another with words. She just want to becomes typing winner not more than that.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Tim555 wrote:Dear Forum Members and Original Poster..

Before taking kenfrapin's words for any decent value, kindly go thru many of her other posts. She has only been negative, attacking and photocoping almost all members and targeting one member after another with words. She just want to becomes typing winner not more than that.

bye bye

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:41 pm

mochyn wrote:

bye bye
bYe ByE??????? Janu Jackson is Banned

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Tim555 wrote:
mochyn wrote:

bye bye
bYe ByE??????? Janu Jackson is Banned
How old are you? I mean really?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:26 pm

kenfrapin wrote:Dear Forum Members and Original Poster..

KP
Well said Kenfrapin. He is one of the same category as Dr Logic. or may be joined this group using one of his another(Multiple) personality.