ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Beware of Fake recruitment agents

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dr Logic
BANNED

Re: Thanks for the sharing your experience

Post by Dr Logic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:41 am

ptrjakson wrote:Thanks for the sharing your experience

Admin please delet the signature of 'ptrjakson'. Its an advertisment..............
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:43 am

girlinLondon wrote:
nileshratan wrote:Go for the interview. You have nothing to lose :)

Ask them if they can make it permanent.

What kind of work does it involve. I ask this as I have seen contractors working for non-stop 8 years in contract in some companies.

Your contract may get extended.
Thank you for the response.

The role is for a UAT analyst. I am a Test Analyst.

DONT FORWARD YOUR DETAILS ( NINO, DOB, ADDRESS ETC ) TO FAKE AGENTS AS THEY WILL MISUSE YOU INFORMATION. BE AWARE.
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:30 am

Dr Logic wrote:
girlinLondon wrote:
nileshratan wrote:Go for the interview. You have nothing to lose :)

Ask them if they can make it permanent.

What kind of work does it involve. I ask this as I have seen contractors working for non-stop 8 years in contract in some companies.

Your contract may get extended.
Thank you for the response.

The role is for a UAT analyst. I am a Test Analyst.

DONT FORWARD YOUR DETAILS ( NINO, DOB, ADDRESS ETC ) TO FAKE AGENTS AS THEY WILL MISUSE YOU INFORMATION. BE AWARE.
Agreed
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

jaykon
Newly Registered

URGENT

Post by jaykon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi every1,
im new to this place.
Please, i have a question to ask
I am a doctor,I am not in the uk and i have been passing my cv round to uk agencies.
There is this agency i contacted, they have a website,they took my cv and all plus references.
I spoke with them and they said i must pay 1,000 pounds as a fee.
i do not want to put the agency on here just incase but please how can i find out if an agency is fake or real?
What are the reputable medical agencies for an img doctor??
Thank you.

pyke

Post by pyke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:13 pm

wunder wrote: Answer politely that you don't have any other interviews (even if you do)
I tend to agree, except that has gotten me into a sticky situation. I had told an agent that I had none. They told me that they had a suitable one for me, except that I had already been sent there by another agency. Sometimes you do get caught up in lies.

What would you recommend if that happens?

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:55 pm

pyke wrote:
wunder wrote: Answer politely that you don't have any other interviews (even if you do)
I tend to agree, except that has gotten me into a sticky situation. I had told an agent that I had none. They told me that they had a suitable one for me, except that I had already been sent there by another agency. Sometimes you do get caught up in lies.

If you have an interview then be honest that you have one. But dont give them detail of it.

pyke

Post by pyke » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:07 pm

pyke wrote:Thanks Nshar1. Yes, that's a great idea. We should compile a list of good and unscrupulous agents here.

I retract that. It's against the rules.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24539

My apologies.
Unfortunately we can't do that. Liability issues.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 pm

pyke wrote:I tend to agree, except that has gotten me into a sticky situation. I had told an agent that I had none. They told me that they had a suitable one for me, except that I had already been sent there by another agency. Sometimes you do get caught up in lies.

Tell them that the agency did not tell you the name of the company your CV was sent to. They do it all the time.

Then again, more often than not it will be the agents that will be caught in their lies :lol:

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 pm

As Wunder just so rightly said - just be open to the agency. After all, you are telling them the truth so dont worry too much about it

KP

cochin007

Post by cochin007 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:04 am

TOo late... I told one agent all these details .. None of the agents tell about their client.. But they ask where we have applied .. Now onwards I wont disclose anything to these Frauds.. Many doest have any jobs and they just call and nothing happens after that call...
How do we distinguish.. Thats yet to be seen

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Read this

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:26 am

Aysha Omer
Newly Registered

Jobs are hard to get... Damn sure they are.

Post by Aysha Omer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:41 pm

With this climate its really hard to get a job these day. I have been trying forever now. All they say is this and that, without giving me any proper reason. Anyway, i then started to look for an odd job. I got one working in Costa Coffee and the next step i took was to reduce my over heads. I was using Orange Mobile connection. However, a friend of mine introduced me to a new Sim Card. Firstly i thought it was a gimmick. Calls so cheap, can't be. But anyhow i gave it a go. And believe it or not, it was good. A penny saved is a penny earned i say. So without a real job, working in Costa gives me a flexible lifestyle and the low calls i can make back home to friends and family on a daily basis, gives me the courage to strive through each day with a smile on my face.

Jobs are hard to get... Damn sure they are, but some things in life are still free... Well Almost... :)

Truthneverdies
Newly Registered

Fraud Fraud Fraud Red alert Kazembe Consultancy Chandigarh

Post by Truthneverdies » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Fake UKBA lists are given to Students in India also produced in Court by Representative of Cavendish College and University of Wales who been smashed by BBC and other news channels consistently Kazembe Consultancy Chandigarh has provided fraud UKBA list in Court which is describing some private colleges A-graded also they have erased their previous page from their website which Claims several suspended and accussed colleges to be Top listed in UKBA list A-ratings and what not I want to report this scam with all evidence with Innocent and hardworking Indian students Agent shows all kind of pictures with UKBA staff PM David Cameroon,President Obama and British High Commissioner which are Pseudo and Computer fixed Pics hanged on walls in his office I have gone through full Investigation I wanna make Clear I have a full respect and obeisance British Universities but agents like them are crushing the Image of Uk Universities causing despise among locals here I can provide every bit of evidence you will be in shock how this agent gets students and how he can fix visas without document and get admission letter in a jiffy without no documents required yeaaaaaa all I'm gonna say Money can't buy education might get degrees through this kind of agents which is demolishing the reputation of Uk moreover This is quite evil disgracing Humanity,students borrow money to get Higher educations,agents like this deserve to be behind the bars Please contact me asap to stop this Crime[/b]

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Read this

Post by ric1982 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 am

Rajuk09 wrote:This might be helpful

http://forums.contractoruk.com/business ... ences.html
I know this forum. Some of the most dearly beloved people contribute on this one good example user is northanladuk. They hate anyone coming from abroad, think everyone is after their job.

If you dont believe me then try posting something.

stay away from this forum. Useless...

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:21 pm

ric1982 wrote:

I know this forum. Some of the most dearly beloved people contribute on this one good example user is northanladuk. They hate anyone coming from abroad, think everyone is after their job.

~Just ignore the trolls dude -

tier1-immigrant

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:44 pm

ric1982 wrote:

I follow that forum, just pick the good responses and ignore the rest.
Well there will be some responses no so nice for obvious reasons, but I have see very informative ones as well.

highrisein
Newly Registered

Re: Beware of bad quality recruitment agents

Post by highrisein » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:46 pm

ok good advice!