ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help with ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chinnaraju
Newly Registered

Please Help with ILR

Post by chinnaraju » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Iam eliglible for PR from this may.
But i have a question regarding it.
I have got work permit in June 2005 from limited company (one) and after that i have moved to another company (two) in nov 2005.And i have got p60 from second company only for the year 2005-2006.

And rest of all years i have got p60 from all other companies.

Now if i go for PR, will they ask for the payslips or banks st 0r p60 from the 1st work permit.

Thanks in advance.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:18 pm

the home office only requests last 3 months of payslips and bank statements. you might want to keep 6 months payslips and bank statements handy just in case. But they might ask for all P60s so if you don't have one you can either ask your previous employers to provide you a copy or request a letter from the HMRC stating that you were employed by xxx company during that time and that you paid your taxes.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:21 pm

also since you have had more than one employer they may ask you for your p45s too...

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:43 pm

If you have atleast P60 of last four years you are fine to go as long as their is not gaps in your work permits. HO will have records of your WP from which they can clearly make out whether or not you were in the country. Make sure to clearly indicate your IN-OUT dates + out-of-UK duration. I had similar situation where I didn't had P60 or P45 from my very first employer. I submitted whatever I had along with 6 months of payslips+bank statement.

mukesh76
Newly Registered

Post by mukesh76 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:46 pm

I had a missing P60 for my 3rd year, company said they cannot issue me a duplicate. Then called local tax office, who sent me a letter stating how much earned and tax paid for that year. So for missing P60, you can get a letter.
Not sure what you can do about P45 though..

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:56 pm

@chetanojha,

I am due to apply in combination of WP and tier 2 and don't have p60 but have p45.

Did caseworker asked you about missing p60 ??
were you in workpermit category or WP/tier2 ??

I have got letter from my previous employer for which i have missing p60 confirming the dates and salary record. Do you think that would be cover for missing p60 ??

Deep..

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 pm

Deep,

I was on WP for first 2 years and then HSMP and then Tier-1. If you have P45 for the first year you can proceed with that. You just need to make sure your P60/P45 are showing continouse employment. Overlap of employment is fine but do not produce combination of P45/P60 which does not shows continuity in your employment. If you can get a letter from your employer for the period for which you do not have P60 and submit this letter instead of P45 along with rest of the P60s.
Deep4ILR wrote:@chetanojha,

I am due to apply in combination of WP and tier 2 and don't have p60 but have p45.

Did caseworker asked you about missing p60 ??
were you in workpermit category or WP/tier2 ??

I have got letter from my previous employer for which i have missing p60 confirming the dates and salary record. Do you think that would be cover for missing p60 ??

Deep..

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:23 pm

@chetanojha,
I have p45 for all the employer i worked and was planning to show that all p45.
I am still confused how p45 will show continuity for empolyment as p45 only had end date of emplyment not start date or i am missing some link ??

I have letter from employer for which i have p60 missing but will not show it to them. It is just back up documents. I will show only p45 . Combination of p45/ employer letter will confuse the case worker.

And for tier 2 the requirement is to show "evidence that you were working for same employer for which the work permit was issued" so p45 should do.. what you think about this ??