ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility - Maternity Leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mrs Khan

ILR eligibility - Maternity Leave

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 am

I need some advice & help.
I will be eligible for ILR under HSMP JR in July 2010. I have been in full time employment but since March 2009 i am on maternity leave , 9 months with Stat maternity Pay & the rest unpaid.

I am now worried if that would effect my case as i have to show that i am economically active. I am also thinking of going part time with my current employer as i want to give time to my baby .

In this circumstance i need suggestions that what to do and wheather this SMP (pay) would be proof of economic activity or shall i work for another year & then apply?

Thanks

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:42 pm

moderators Any comments on that issue please

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Although you are now on unpaid leave, you should still be considered as economically active as you are still employed by your employer.

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:59 am

How about if someone is still paid in UK (on maternity pay), but spend a continous 180 days overseas? will it reset the ILR clock as well?
And I have confusion about 90 days, is that include weekend/public holiday?

bani

Post by bani » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:52 am

stmellon wrote:Although you are now on unpaid leave, you should still be considered as economically active as you are still employed by your employer.
Agree.

When you get your letter from your employer, include the date they expect you to resume your job whether fulltime or part time.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:48 pm

thank you for your replies. i have gone part time now and received a letter from my employer - am going to do 20 hours only in a week. My salary is affected
Would my working as a part time make it worse?