ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my husband threatened to return me to my home country

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

huyenuk05
Newly Registered

my husband threatened to return me to my home country

Post by huyenuk05 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:19 pm

my husband and i got married for more than 3 years. the first 3 years we lived in Thailand, we just moved to England 6 months ago and i was granted marriage visa for 27 months. however, my husband kept threatening to divorce and send me back to my home country if i dont give all my salary to him. i worked in a nail shop and earn about 100 to 120 GBP/week, i already gave him 100 every week and saved the rest to help my parents.
if we did get divorce, would i have to go back to my home country?

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: my husband threatened to return me to my home country

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi
huyenuk05 wrote:my husband and i got married for more than 3 years. the first 3 years we lived in Thailand, we just moved to England 6 months ago and i was granted marriage visa for 27 months. however, my husband kept threatening to divorce and send me back to my home country if i dont give all my salary to him. i worked in a nail shop and earn about 100 to 120o GBP/week, i already gave him 100 every week and saved the rest to help my parents.
if we did get divorce, would i have to go back to my home country?
Answer is Yes he can.

Unless you prove domestic violence and apply under this category.
If you are divorced then you have no chance for ILR.

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:03 pm

no he cannot

He cannot send you back to your country but if he withdraws his sponsorship then you have no right to stay in this country when your visa expires but you can apply to stay as you have abused emotionally.
If you feel emotional blackmail then contact The Citizens Advice Bureau.
It is hard enough to live in a foreign country away from family and friends without being treated badly

Try the One Stop Service

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylu ... cviolence/

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:33 pm

mochyn wrote:no he cannot

He cannot send you back to your country but if he withdraws his sponsorship then you have no right to stay in this country when your visa expires but you can apply to stay as you have abused emotionally.
If you feel emotional blackmail then contact The Citizens Advice Bureau.
It is hard enough to live in a foreign country away from family and friends without being treated badly

Try the One Stop Service

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylu ... cviolence/
So what I said..I said same thing clearly.Have you read my last post?

How you prove emotional blackmail.Have you ever used CAB service..They are useless especially on immigration they are nothing.

I have my personal experience with CAB and the advice I got was worst.
Thanks God I ignore what they have told me to do..

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:43 pm

You did not say the same thing and I provided support and a UKBA link which you did not,
This poor woman is plainly at her wits end and needs help which was not forthcoming from you.
You were plainly dismissive

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi
mochyn wrote:You did not say the same thing and I provided support and a UKBA link which you did not,
This poor woman is plainly at her wits end and needs help which was not forthcoming from you.
You were plainly dismissive
Thanks for your emotional support for poor lady but answer is very simple and clear..She has no chance for visa if she is divorced unless she can prove that she has been victim of domestic violence and provide proofs like police report or medical report including witness statement.

Your link was rubbish and irrelevant to the situation.And your talk regarding emotional black mailing was nothing except waste of time.

Anyway thanks for some good words to lady...

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:59 pm

I know this is difficult for you, I can't imagine anything worse.

But you have to take courage and step up. He has no right at all to treat you like this.

Be brave and go to your local police station to report domestic violence. They will help you out.

meanwhile, read this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tions-answ

If you can prove that you have suffered from domestic violence, you will be granted ILR.

so be brave and do the right thing.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:01 am

joh118 wrote:I know this is difficult for you, I can't imagine anything worse.

But you have to take courage and step up. He has no right at all to treat you like this.

Be brave and go to your local police station to report domestic violence. They will help you out.

If you can prove that you have suffered from domestic violence, you will be granted ILR.

Yes good advice.Report to police so that at least you have chance on domestic violence.

Get courage and report it.

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:14 am

Well said that is why I provided the link which suggested going to the police or using the One Stop Service

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 am

mochyn wrote:

Well said that is why I provided the link which suggested going to the police or using the One Stop Service

Thanks for informative link.

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:46 am

you are most welcome

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:54 pm

ImmigrationUK2009....you have a display name which suggests you have legal registration...which I know you cover yourself by stating on your posts that this is your personal opinion only..seek OISC advice etc.
However, it would be best to avoid giving advice if you are unsure of the correctness, as with posts in this thread.
Could I also ask you please to post with respect for other members.

Domestic violence can also be 'emotional abuse'. The husband as Mochyn has rightly said, cannot 'send her back'. I would suggest that the OP contacts her local CAB who although they may not have knowledge of Immigration matters can certainly point her in the right direction for the support she needs for the abuse she appears to be suffering at present.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:18 pm

ImmigrationUK2009....you have a display name which suggests you have legal registration...which I know you cover yourself by stating on your posts that this is your personal opinion only..seek OISC advice etc.
Yes I know..

Domestic violence can also be 'emotional abuse'. The husband as Mochyn has rightly said, cannot 'send her back'. I would suggest that the OP contacts her local CAB who although they may not have knowledge of Immigration matters can certainly point her in the right direction for the support she needs for the abuse she appears to be suffering at present.
I was advising from immigration prospective not from social help side.

I clearly said thank for your good words to lady but these would not help her immigration status.

I belive you have not read my above posts .

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:58 am

Rest assured I've read your posts.
Quote: She has no chance for visa if she is divorced unless she can prove that she has been victim of domestic violence
One should never give advice without knowing whether there are other visa options open to her until all the relevant facts of her situation are clear.
Quote: And your talk regarding emotional black mailing was nothing except waste of time.
Emotional blackmailing = (Emotional) domestic violence and so is very relevant as Mochyn has advised.

Possibly you may not be familiar in Pakistan (from where you post) on the DV laws in the UK.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi
Rest assured I've read your posts.

May be you have but I belive you have not got what I was saying.
She has no chance for visa if she is divorced unless she can prove that she has been victim of domestic violence
One should never give advice without knowing whether there are other visa options open to her until all the relevant facts of her situation are clear.
She has not asked for other visa options and ok let belive she as ask.Then tell me what other options she has in UK.

If you have little immigration knowledge then you have not ask this silly question.I explain why? - Sorry this sentence doesn't really make any sense. - Casa
1.She can not switch to other spouse visa unless divorced and then married with other British person and then she has to leave and apply from outside.So this option is out -

2.She can not change her status to Student visa inside UK.As she is on spouse visa and she has to leave and apply from oversea.So this option is out. -Do we know if she has children in the UK? - Casa

3.Similarly she can nit change to Teir 2 or 5.

So what options she has left.

If you are so genius tell me single option.

Quote: And your talk regarding emotional black mailing was nothing except waste of time.
Emotional blackmailing = (Emotional) domestic violence and so is very relevant as Mochyn has advised.

I said domestic violence option in my first post.You claimed you have read my posts but you have not seen what I have advised in my first post.
Possibly you may not be familiar in Pakistan (from where you post) on the DV laws in the UK.
- You dismissed 'emotional blackmail' as not being Domestic Violence - Casa
I belong from pakistan and have my whole family in Pakitsan.I have more familiar then you.I bet
- More familiar with? Applications under DV? - Casa

I have felling you are picking me and jumping on my neck without any reason.Really silly attitude as a moderator -
Not at all. I have respect for all members - Casa

UK_Banned_Member