ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:02 pm

RHussain07 wrote:Hi Billo,

Yes I have already requested the letter but the employment contract copy was available to me also by the HR dept so I just asked for it.

BatleyK - what do you think?

Also if i am going pak and taking paperwork with me, then getting married, would I need my new entry stamp photocopying and attesting from Pak (obviously I cant do this now coz i dont have one) or are the current stamps in my passport sufficient?

Thanks
You have to show the entry stamp in your passport in your wifes application, otherwise the ECO will be thinking, how come you got married in Pakistan on the date you did because the passport wouldnt show the entry stamp.

No need to certify it though, just write an explanotory letter with it .I doubt whether they will believe anything certified in Pakistan.

No need to send contract of employment, just a letter would so

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:43 am

Hello

I have been reading the last few pages of this thread and it has been helpful, I would like to ask a few questions please.

I will be living with my parents and I have a letter from my dad and a council tax bill, what other documentation would I need and how would I be able to get it.

I will be visiting Pakistan soon so that I can help make the application and to show that we are in contact. I realise each page of the passport must be copied and certified, should this be done here or in Pakistan, which would then include the information of my visit. Im guessing I would need to get this done from a solicitor from there. Also would i need to copy my Pakistan passport also.

Also when applying is there a need to photocopy all the documents, and would this second copy also need to be certified.

Thankyou for any help

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:22 am

Hi
someperson49 wrote:Hello

I have been reading the last few pages of this thread and it has been helpful, I would like to ask a few questions please.

I will be living with my parents and I have a letter from my dad and a council tax bill, what other documentation would I need and how would I be able to get it.

I will be visiting Pakistan soon so that I can help make the application and to show that we are in contact. I realise each page of the passport must be copied and certified, should this be done here or in Pakistan, which would then include the information of my visit. Im guessing I would need to get this done from a solicitor from there. Also would i need to copy my Pakistan passport also.

Also when applying is there a need to photocopy all the documents, and would this second copy also need to be certified.

Thank you for any help
Ok for accommodation you need

1.Parents permission letter(owners)
2.Property Title deeds and Property Register plan(You can get from web site paying £4)
3.Property Inspection report including house pictures
4.Council tax and utility bills

For passport certification..

British passport(all pages) from uk solicitor

Your British passport is OK..You dont need your Pakistani passport to send

You have to provide one set of photocopy including application form.If
You get attested from Nortary Public then good otherwise not required.
As this is cheap so get certify whole set.

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:13 pm

[quote]Ok for accommodation you need

2.Property Title deeds and Property Register plan(You can get from web site paying £4)

UK_Banned_Member[/quote]

Where can you get the report for £4, could you give the link?

Also who carries out the Property inspection report and how much does it cost?

About the passport and the photocopies, I may need to get it done in Pakistan, would I just need a solictor from there? would that be acceptable?

Thankyou for your help.

billo

Post by billo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:13 pm

HI,
you can get the property title deeds froma website called 'landregistry.gov.uk' I think that's what it's called.
If your parents own the property outright then, land registry docs are fine, if they are still paying mortagage, then bank statemnts re mortgage are needed.

correct me if I'm wrong, but you DON'T need council tax & utility bills, unless you are paying them yourself.

A property inspection report is used to show that your house won't be overcrowded.
We took pictures of all the bedrooms, and the rest of the rooms in the house, also the garden and front & back of house. We then got a surveyor (i think it cost £40) to come and measure all the bedrooms. they wrote a letter describing the house and dimensions of the rooms. We have a 4 bedroom house, and according to the chart on the ukvisas website, 7.5 people are able to reside in a 4 bed house.

hope that helps

billo

Post by billo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Just to add - you WILL need to copy all your evidence, including the application form and submit that with the original. You don't need to get this certified, as the ECO will have the original/certified copies. I think this is just so the lazy ECO's don't have to photocopy the file themselves.

make sure that your original file is bound together in some way, so that it doesn't get mixed up with the copy file. You will not be able to submit it in a folder, as they will just make you take out everything in the folder at Gerry's.

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:32 pm

immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi

Thank you for any help
Ok for accommodation you need

UK_Banned_Member
Pictures of the house are OTT. The inspection report will do fine. You can get the report from your local Council's Environment and Housing dept

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Pictures of the house are OTT. The inspection report will do fine. You can get the report from your local Council's Environment and Housing dept
Not exactly true as pictures are very important in a report because the ECO can see the state of the house. I would strongly advise that you get them.

You can do teh report yourself if you know how, could save you a hundred quid. :D

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi [quote="someperson49"][quote]Ok for ... SB4G30C2
Just you your house no. and post code you would get title and register plan.

UK_Banned_Member[/url]
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:21 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Not exactly true as pictures are very important in a report because the ECO can see the state of the house. I would strongly advise that you get them.

You can do teh report yourself if you know how, could save you a hundred quid. :D
You can get property inspection report from estate agent for £50 to £100.

Remember some council provide property inspection report free of charge.So check with your council.

Yes must include pictures and property inspection report.

I said council tax bill as it state cealry how many people are living there.(Although not mandatory)

Even I advise to include election electoral if you have.These things make your case strong.

for property deeds and title plan visit govt site

http://www.landreg.gov.uk/houseprices/

then give your house no and post code.Then click house details you would be get this after paying £ 4 each.You would get instally in your email address.

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

amr2010

Post by amr2010 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 am

batleykhan wrote:

Very confused now ... I thought the purpose of the report was so the ECO could assertain if the house was large enough to accomodate all occupants. If you write the report yourself then will they accept that? Pictures (IMO) can also be misleading ... oh well

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:31 am

amr2010 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Very confused now ... I thought the purpose of the report was so the ECO could assertain if the house was large enough to accomodate all occupants. If you write the report yourself then will they accept that? Pictures (IMO) can also be misleading ... oh well
What is confusing? You are making it confusing

I did not said you should write report yourself.
Sometimes property inspection report has no house picture so you can take your house pictures and write on their back measure.
Pic are not misleading but can clearly give idea of house.

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:31 am

I accept what you say about the purpose of the report but if the report has photos of the house, it gives a good indication of the state of the house to the ECO.
Sometimes property inspection report has no house picture so you can take your house pictures and write on their back measure.
I would slightly disagree with this. i would rather prefer the people who are doing the report for you to take the pictures and then get them to print it out on their headed papers along with the condition, room sizes and the number of people living there, as it is rumoured ( and I have seen it myself) where the occupant has taken photos of his friends house because it was in a better state of condition than his and attached those with the inspection report his solicitor did.

the fool made one mistake and that was when he took a photo of the front of the house, it showed the house number (40) when he in fact lived at 82, so his application was refused under S:320 and his wife is now banned from coming to the UK for 10 yrs... thanks to the idiot husband of hers.

An estate agent type report with photos is adequate providing they get the wording of the report right

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:31 pm

Hello

I purchased the Title register online from landregistry.gov.uk, but it seems to have a mistake. The registered owners address (my dad) is given wrong and is not the same as address of property. I have phoned them up but to correct this means filling in a form and sending it in. Im not sure Ill have enough time to sort it out before I go, is this that important, can I do without it?

Also can any estate agent do the housing inspection report?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:49 pm

I purchased the Title register online from landregistry.gov.uk, but it seems to have a mistake. The registered owners address (my dad) is given wrong and is not the same as address of property. I have phoned them up but to correct this means filling in a form and sending it in. Im not sure Ill have enough time to sort it out before I go, is this that important, can I do without it?

Why dont you go to the solicitors/banks etc that are holding teh title deeds to your dads property and ask them to give you copies of them. They may charge you a fiver, but if they are with solicitors you can get them straightaway. However the information on both would be the same as the LRO issues these deeds.

Yes you can get an estate agent to do it, if not pm and I will try and get you a DIY one that you can do yourself that is available from the internet somewhere.

Remember these are important and essential docs that you have to provide otherwise you will be refused..... so calm down and do things slowly not in a hurry as you are likely to make mistakes :roll:

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:05 pm

hI
I accept what you say about the purpose of the report but if the report has photos of the house, it gives a good indication of the state of the house to the ECO.
Indeed true
I would slightly disagree with this. i would rather prefer the people who are doing the report for you to take the pictures and then get them to print it out on their headed papers along with the condition, room sizes and the number of people living there, as it is rumored ( and I have seen it myself) where the occupant has taken photos of his friends house because it was in a better state of condition than his and attached those with the inspection report his solicitor did.
Same happened to one of my friend.Who was also sending somebody other pic but when I double checked I said you idiot front pic is showing house no.So due to my double checked he was saved.He took his own pictures and send it with property inspection report.

Yes should be careful.
An estate agent type report with photos is adequate providing they get the wording of the report righ
Yes estate agent can do property report and these are accepted by home office.They would charge from £40 to £100.

Remember I already told you check with your local council as some council do free.

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:08 pm

Do you have your father morgage papers and payment receipts.If Yes then these would be fine.No need to worry about titled deeds.

You need to show who is owner and morgage would do this.

Yes 100% Although He would charge you a fee.

Has you check with your council..May be council can do free.

UK_Banned_Member

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:30 am

Hello

There is no mortgage on the property, and my dad has the deeds, which have the same problem. We will have to send a letter to sort it out, but I probably wont use it as part of the application now.

Will the hosing inspection report, a council tax bill and a written letter from my dad be enough?

Thanks.

RHussain07

evidence of how trip is to be funded

Post by RHussain07 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:32 am

Last edited by RHussain07 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:36 am

Hi

There is no mortgage on the property, and my dad has the deeds, which have the same problem. We will have to send a letter to sort it out, but I probably wont use it as part of the application now.

Will the hosing inspection report, a council tax bill and a written letter from my dad be enough?

Thanks.
It all depends on ECO.Logically Yes this should be OK.Then send all utility bills on your father name to prove the your father owns the house.

Best Luck

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

batleykhan

Re: evidence of how trip is to be funded

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:26 pm

RHussain07 wrote:On the VAF4A form, it asks for evidence of how trip is to be funded. I was thinking of sending some cash in a few weeks to be fiancee's dads account for the visa application fee and her ticket to the uk (insha Allah).

Is this a wise thing to do? In my opinion, it looks positive of a genuine relationship/marriage.

Batley - do you have any concerns with this approach?

It'll be via money transfer and i'll show just that receipt with my visa application

Thanks, in advance
Why not send it on your wife s name.?

As long as she has Pak ID card ( which she has to show when collecting money) she can pick the money up accompanied by her father.

Its better if it is in spouse name, but there is no harm in sending it on her dads/brothers name as long as you explain the reason why you did this.

If she has no ID card then it is not possible to send it to her as she needs to show her ID card when she is picking money up

sabeen
Newly Registered

Post by sabeen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question do you know how long does it take for the Embassy to stamp the visa on Passport after ECO has withdrawn its decision and you submit your passport along with you TB test? I have heard they take couple of weeks, has anyone had there’s sooner to later then that?

someperson49
Newly Registered

Post by someperson49 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:01 pm

[quote]Yes estate agent can do property report and these are accepted by home office.They would charge from £40 to £100.

Remember I already told you check with your local council as some council do free.

UK_Banned_Member[/quote]

I asked the council, they dont do it. Ive asked a couple of estate agents, but their charging £150 for the report which wouldnt include any pictures.

17F4N
Newly Registered

Post by 17F4N » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi Sabeen

same boat as you...

however my wife had submitted her passport last monday along with the TB certificate and today she received call to collect her passport tomorrow.

I am very baffled as they told my wife the passport will be ready for collection after 4 weeks and nomally when they say 4 week it is normally 8 weeks. I just hope ECO havent f***ked up again..

i will keep you informed...
sabeen wrote:Hi Guys,

Just a quick question do you know how long does it take for the Embassy to stamp the visa on Passport after ECO has withdrawn its decision and you submit your passport along with you TB test? I have heard they take couple of weeks, has anyone had there’s sooner to later then that?

sabeen
Newly Registered

Post by sabeen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:28 pm

17F4N wrote:Hi Sabeen

same boat as you...

however my wife had submitted her passport last monday along with the TB certificate and today she received call to collect her passport tomorrow.

I am very baffled as they told my wife the passport will be ready for collection after 4 weeks and nomally when they say 4 week it is normally 8 weeks. I just hope ECO havent f***ked up again..

i will keep you informed...
sabeen wrote:Hi Guys,

Well true u never knw wat ECO is going to do...but i have also heard that they have speeded their process.

Hopefully she will get the visa...keep us informed