ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment for FLR(M) application not gone through!...help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Willy2020
Newly Registered

Payment for FLR(M) application not gone through!...help

Post by Willy2020 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:02 am

She applied for extension after her marriage to a BC,which she used the form flr(m)....

But to her surprise,a week later,she got a letter from her bank(Barclays),saying a payment of £465 was declined from her account!!
She then realised it was the payment for the HO....she then spoke with a lawyer friend who adviced her to send a cheque which must include alot of info from the letter she received fom HO(acknowledgement letter),their ref,her age,address etc..

But the problem now is its gone 3 weeks and no money has bn taken out of her account and she has made numerous calls to HO...all she is told is to WAIT!!!

So pls,help is seriously need on how to go about this issue....anybody with the same issue??.......Thanks
Last edited by Willy2020 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Willy2020
Newly Registered

Re: Payment for FLR(M) application not gone through!...help

Post by Willy2020 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:44 am

Willy2020 wrote: She applied for extension after her marriage to a BC,which she used the form flr(m)....

But to her surprise,a week later,she got a letter from her bank(Barclays),saying a payment of £465 was declined from her account!!
She then realised it was the payment for the HO....she then spoke with a lawyer friend who adviced her to send a cheque which must include alot of info from the letter she received fom HO(acknowledgement letter),their ref,her age,address etc..

But the problem now is its gone 3 weeks and no money has bn taken out of her account and she has made numerous calls to HO...all she is told is to WAIT!!!

So pls,help is seriously need on how to go about this issue....anybody with the same issue??.......Thanks

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Payment for FLR(M) application not gone through!...help

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:21 am

Willy2020 wrote:This is on behalf of a very close friend.....
She applied for extension after her marriage to a BC,which she used the form flr(m)....

Indeed this is very serious issue.

Sometimes home office need reason to refuse without right of appeal.If you look around you would find lot of people whose payment were declined and they are refused without right of appeal saying you have no legal status when you application was refused so you have no right of appeal.Funny thing is they never give removal direction if they did so they have to give right of appeal.

When your visa is going to expire? As this is very important.Let assume home office returned your application after 2 or 3 weeks as invalid and at that time your visa has expired? then what? a mess

I wish and pray that home office deduct your payment or ask you to send other application with right amount? this also happens in few cases

What you can do now?

1.Ask your solicitor to write to case worker who is dealing your case
2.be ready for judicial review application if they refuse your application without right of appeal?
3.Be ready to expect home office send another application with right payment and then expect refusal.

Your little silly mistake has made this horrible.

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

Willy2020
Newly Registered

Post by Willy2020 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:06 am

Thank you so much for your response to the issue....

Visa has still got till June to expire,so i guess it's got some time on it.
The problem now is since ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER was sent to me,that the application has been sent to a caseworker,it really made me confused!

So now that i have sent the cheque for the right amount.....what do you think is going to happen next....I have called HO numbers without time,and all they keep saying is i should wait!

With the options you gave;**how will i know the caseworker dealing with my case?
2..What do u mean by judicial review?

3.You now said i should expect HO to send another application and i should expect REFUSAL????....WHY?

Pls quick reply will be appreciated....Thanks

Willy2020
Newly Registered

Post by Willy2020 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:11 am

And another issue about the payment is that,it wasn't as if there was no money in the account,the bank BARCLAYS refused payment to HO because they said "THEY SUSPECTED FRUADULENT" activity from the source!

A copy of that letter was even sent along the cheque that was sent to HO..
Fingers still crossed!!!

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Willy2020, I think it will be OK.

The HO might well not connect the cheque and bank letter you sent them to the original application, but all that means is that you are likely to receive a request for payment to be made again (and may need to cancel the first cheque you sent).

If your application is returned as invalid, then your response is likely to depend on how long remains on the visa.

If the visa expires before the decision is sent (which seems unlikely if it's valid until June), then by all means kick up a huge fuss about the decision, make a complaint, submit payment and point out that all your card details were given correctly etc. There is a thread that deals with similar errors by the HO in another context: I will see if I can find it.

If the visa has not expired, and the application is declared invalid for lack of payment, then I don't see how you lose anything by simply resubmitting the application with payment (by cheque to be on the safe side!). If the HO hasn't taken the money, then you shouldn't lose out.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi
Visa has still got till June to expire,so i guess it's got some time on it.
The problem you now is since ACKNOWLEDGMENT LETTER was sent to me,that the application has been sent to a caseworker,it really made me confused!
Thanks God you have much time left for visa.So you are on safe side.But keep contacting home office to duect your payment or send you application invalid so that you can apply again easily.Dont let them keep their decision pending till your visa expires.

So now that i have sent the cheque for the right amount.....what do you think is going to happen next....I have called HO numbers without time,and all they keep saying is i should wait!
You did right thing.Home office should accept your payment.Simple is that

Or send your application invalid so that you can apply again.Or ask you can send your application again without paying fee again.

Remember these (moderator deleted offensive word) idiots can hold your application till june and then refuse without right of appeal.They did this with many people before.

So force then to make decision before your visa expire.Dont wait to long

With the options you gave;**how will i know the caseworker dealing with my case?
Do you have got acknowledgment letter that should contact case worker name or your application ref no.
2..What do u mean by judicial review?
This is very rare in your case.But I explain.For example home office not reply on your case till june your visa expire and then send you application back saying invalid and with no right of appeal.Then what you would do.Only option go to High Court as ask for judicial review.You have good chance in that as well.
3.You now said i should expect HO to send another application and i should expect REFUSAL????....WHY?
I already explain that in above paragraph.But As you have few month visa remaining..This has put your case strong at this moment.If you have little time left on your visa then you were in disaster.

Best Luck

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi
Kitty wrote:Willy2020, I think it will be OK.

The HO might well not connect the cheque and bank letter you sent them to the original application, but all that means is that you are likely to receive a request for payment to be made again (and may need to cancel the first cheque you sent).

If your application is returned as invalid, then your response is likely to depend on how long remains on the visa.

If the visa expires before the decision is sent (which seems unlikely if it's valid until June), then by all means kick up a huge fuss about the decision, make a complaint, submit payment and point out that all your card details were given correctly etc. There is a thread that deals with similar errors by the HO in another context: I will see if I can find it.

If the visa has not expired, and the application is declared invalid for lack of payment, then I don't see how you lose anything by simply resubmitting the application with payment (by cheque to be on the safe side!). If the HO hasn't taken the money, then you shouldn't lose out.

Do agree on many points.

UK_Banned_Member

UK_Banned_Member

Willy2020
Newly Registered

Post by Willy2020 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:10 am

immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi
Kitty wrote:Willy2020, I think it will be OK.

Payment finally gone through on 17/04/10....Thanks

Do agree on many points.

UK_Banned_Member