ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone booked 2 appointment online ??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Deep4ILR

Has anyone booked 2 appointment online ??

Post by Deep4ILR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi,

I have to book another one earlier than what i have got at the moment but unsure if i will be able to do it or any complication. I called Homeoffice but they suggested online as there was none over the phone.

Any one ?

I know i know people are not getting single appointment and i am trying 2nd one !!!

Deep..

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi Deep,

Again the key is patience...just check evenings and also at random times everyday and especially Friday evenings. I cancelled mine for 18th March and had to wait for a week but was able to get another good one.

If you have 24 hrs access to internet just log in and stay logged in. Trust me I used to press the search key every few seconds :)

There are loads of cancellations and they do appear online...Friday evenings are good days but you cannot rule out other weekdays. I know its frustating to see end of april slots online but with a bit of patience and persistance you'll get your desired slot.

Good luck!

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:34 pm

@vinseh,
Thanks for information.
but that was not my query :)
I wanted to know if i can or cannot..

Cheers,
Deep

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:42 pm

my apologies I misunderstood...you can book as many online appoinments as you want but before you book a new one you'll have to cancel the previous one over the phone...they'll cancel your appoinments in 2 seconds but the online system may take between 24-48 hrs to update. :)

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:51 pm

I agree,unless you cancel previous OL appointment you cannot book another one OL.
On the other hand, if you have booked on phone, you can in addition book an OL appointment, this was posted here before.
Best Regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm

I am going to try it - but will be using different login details than the ones I used before.

I had booked a family appointment for 19th April, but looks like I won't be able to make it on that day. So need to book for another day but don't want to cancel the one for 19th Apr as yet. I know that I cannot use the same reference / transaction IDs to make a second booking (without cancelling the first), so I have registered again with new email ids. I have received new reference / transaction IDs so am going to give it a try (assuming I find some empty slots)!

Hope to revert back (soon).

regards

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi Sushd,
Good idea for a try, I am sure it will work as I remember someone posted earlier about using multiple IDs.
However when I talked on phone about an appointment, the guy at the other end said to me that I am already registered online and he can pull out my details from there.
So I wondered about using multiple ID for changing appointments, just so that you are aware of this, thought would let you know.
I wanted to change my dependent children's appointments, in the same way as you are doing, but as an afterthought, esp with fees going up, will post their forms after I hopefully get ILR myself.
Best regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Currently outside UK .. so can't use the phone (I am aware of the 0870 number only). Online booking is the only option available to me I guess ... for now!

regards

Deep4ILR

Post by Deep4ILR » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi,
Thanks every one for their inputs...
If i understood it correctly, the ILR fees is going up on 6th april only for non PBS routes to settlement?
other remains same so that i don't have to pay extra..
Please people confirm my understanding with yours..
I am on tier 2.
All you out there have good weekend and don't worry too much about ILR.. :lol:

Cheers,
Deep..

ibrahimsyde
Newly Registered

family appointment

Post by ibrahimsyde » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:51 pm

hello folks,
as we are discussing about online appointments, thought i could also include my question here, sorry Deep4ILR for posting on your question.
please can someone advise whether is it a must to take a family appointmnet if i am including 4 member (myself, wife and 2 sons) of my family?
as i have been trying almost every day since a week to find a family slot with no luck yet...
please advise
thanks
ibrahim

diago_nelson

Re: family appointment

Post by diago_nelson » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:07 am

@Ibrahimsyde You are applying for ILR under which category ?
For set(O), you would need to book a family appt.
ibrahimsyde wrote:hello folks,
as we are discussing about online appointments, thought i could also include my question here, sorry Deep4ILR for posting on your question.
please can someone advise whether is it a must to take a family appointmnet if i am including 4 member (myself, wife and 2 sons) of my family?
as i have been trying almost every day since a week to find a family slot with no luck yet...
please advise
thanks
ibrahim

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:23 pm

sushdmehta wrote:I am going to try it - but will be using different login details than the ones I used before.

I had booked a family appointment for 19th April, but looks like I won't be able to make it on that day. So need to book for another day but don't want to cancel the one for 19th Apr as yet. I know that I cannot use the same reference / transaction IDs to make a second booking (without cancelling the first), so I have registered again with new email ids. I have received new reference / transaction IDs so am going to give it a try (assuming I find some empty slots)!

Hope to revert back (soon).

regards
It worked (so far)!

Booked another (second) family appointment on 30Apr10 using new reference / transaction IDs. Haven't (yet) cancelled the first appointment booked for 19Apr10.

Hope this helps!

regards

newuser121
Newly Registered

Re: Has anyone booked 2 appointment online ??

Post by newuser121 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:57 am

hi,
I am a new member on this forum

I need an appointment urgently as my current WP is expiring..If you are planning to cancel your appt on 19th Apr 10, and it is a tier1 Highly skilled appointment, can you please pass it on to me. the referenc# and transaction id and probably you can book another one with a new mail id ..which anyways i guess you are trying to achieve.

it will great help and much appreciated.

thanks a lot in advance.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:56 am

newuser121 wrote:hi,

I need an appointment urgently as my current WP is expiring..If you are planning to cancel your appt on 19th Apr 10, and it is a tier1 Highly skilled appointment, can you please pass it on to me. the referenc# and transaction id and probably you can book another one with a new mail id ..which anyways i guess you are trying to achieve.

thanks a lot in advance.
hi there,
i am sorry to hear that you are struggling to get an early appointment to suit your needs but unfortunately one cannot just pass on their appointment to someone. If they do intend to cancel their appointment they will have to call the HO and then may be if you are the next person to call the HO you might just get REALLY lucky and grab it :)

Good luck!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 pm

newuser121 wrote:hi,

thanks a lot in advance.
Appointments are booked for named individuals (included in the application) and a specific application (e.g. - SET(O)/Tier 1/FLR(M)/etc.), so not possible for anyone to handover (their) scheduled appointments to someone else.

regards

kmrk123
Newly Registered

Post by kmrk123 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Alternatively...you can tell the other person when you are planning to cancel...so that they can call and book the appointment ;-) Not sure how it works though!

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:08 am

Unfortunately, this also does not work!

The Home office is aware of such cases and they release the cancelled appointments after a min. of 24 hrs after the appt. is cancelled.
kmrk123 wrote:Alternatively...you can tell the other person when you are planning to cancel...so that they can call and book the appointment ;-) Not sure how it works though!