ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:01 pm

dolf wrote:
foxy wrote:Great. Now I hear about someone getting their 10 year ILR in 2 weeks on the other well known forum.
UKBA specifically said that it is dealing with ILR applications on date received order and ours are held on a queue.

If someone got ILR in 2 weeks that is amazing? Don’t you think that the person who wrote this message in “Ukresident.comâ€

foxy

Post by foxy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Check the status update of this guy

Yes that forum even charges you to read the posts. You can actually see the titles but you cannot read the content without paying.

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 pm

foxy wrote:Great. Now I hear about someone getting their 10 year ILR in 2 weeks on the other well known forum.
That person didn't apply for ILR under 10 year long residence rule. They were applying through EAA2/4 application.

Not that it makes it any better. :cry:

foxy

Post by foxy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:01 pm

NoWayOut wrote:
That person didn't apply for ILR under 10 year long residence rule. They were applying through EAA2/4 application.

Not that it makes it any better. :cry:
You're right. His 2 previous posts seem to suggest that. Not too sure why he updates his status with the very specific "10 year ILR" though. Unless he'd been here for 5 years prior to getting married and then was eligible for that route? Total doofus.

On a different note, anybody know Woolas's email?

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:31 pm

foxy wrote: Yes that forum even charges you to read the posts. You can actually see the titles but you cannot read the content without paying.
thats strange, i've never paid to read it... maybe because i registered there a long time ago... :?

NoWayOut

Post by NoWayOut » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:23 pm

terriblefish wrote:
foxy wrote: Yes that forum even charges you to read the posts. You can actually see the titles but you cannot read the content without paying.
thats strange, i've never paid to read it... maybe because i registered there a long time ago... :?
There are certain posts/topics which only paid members are able to see, these are usually the better more detailed and popular topics. For example a topic similar to this is in the paid section, therefore non paying members can't access it. If you haven't paid then the topics you see are the general all access topics....it doesn't matter how long ago you registered, if you haven't coughed up £5 you won't be able to read them.

foxy

Post by foxy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:30 pm

That's correct NoWayOut.

Just came across another applicant there who applied at least as late as December 2009 (as of 30 Nov 2009, he had not applied).

He received a decision after 12 weeks! It was a refusal due a break in stay, so it could well be there is an initial screening and obvious refusals are notified straightaway.

NoWayOut

Re: all cases to be opened from 1st april 2010

Post by NoWayOut » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:59 pm

hangermajor wrote:Dear all of you waiting for 10 years long residence :

I have heard this news why no one has heard from the 10 years legal cases.
People who have applied after 1st of august 2009 will start their cases to be opened from 1st of april 2010 . It is said that there were so many cases pending cases of ilr to be given to those who had been waiting between 2 to 3 years , very complex cases ,,,,,,,,, they had to finish by dec 2009 but it could not be done so the time has to be extended till march end 2010. I think this is true as we have not heard any enquiry to the cases after 1st august 2009. as far as i know I know oluwa112 has got it as it was with the premium service people and the other guy got it according to him he used mp with a serious problem he was facing or something like that. our files are kept in a separate room locked up.if there was an enquiry anyone could have written in it and so on,,,
Where did you hear this news from?

CLS
Newly Registered

Docs returned

Post by CLS » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:46 am

I have received my supporting docs back today together with a covering letter from UKBA Liverpool-

Cover letter content:

"Thank you for submitting the enclosed documents as noted below in support of your application for Settlement in the United Kingdom. All relevant information has been noted and these are now being returned to you.

A decision has been taken on your application and you will shortly receive notification of that decision, along with any valuable documents that were submitted such as marriage certificates/birth certificates etc.

Applicants are encouraged not to call the office unless absolutely necessary. Your patience would be appreciated, as repeated telephone calls and correspondence affect our ability to process applications."

Fingers crossed - will update again once I receive their "decision".

joh118

Re: Docs returned

Post by joh118 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:01 pm

CLS wrote:I have received my supporting docs back today together with a covering letter from UKBA Liverpool-

Cover letter content:

"Thank you for submitting the enclosed documents as noted below in support of your application for Settlement in the United Kingdom. All relevant information has been noted and these are now being returned to you.

A decision has been taken on your application and you will shortly receive notification of that decision, along with any valuable documents that were submitted such as marriage certificates/birth certificates etc.

Applicants are encouraged not to call the office unless absolutely necessary. Your patience would be appreciated, as repeated telephone calls and correspondence affect our ability to process applications."

That must be so fustrating! It's a bit like a chiffhanger!

Good luck, you should be approved if it took them 7 months! Let us know the good news when it comes!

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi CLS,

What are the supporting documents that returned to you?

Are they required to be sumitted after the applicaiton is submitted?

Why are they not returned together with the decision?

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:16 pm

joh118 wrote:
CLS wrote:I have received my supporting docs back today together with a covering letter from UKBA Liverpool-

Cover letter content:

That must be so fustrating! It's a bit like a chiffhanger!

Good luck, you should be approved if it took them 7 months! Let us know the good news when it comes!
Hi Joh118, are you applying ILR under 10 years lawful as well?

boonbin

Post by boonbin » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Cover letter content:

HI CLS:

good to heard that u received some news on your application. do you applied under 10 year? noticed you on the list as well. as we all been long journey, hope we will get in touch for something return

foxy

Post by foxy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Just received a reply from my MP who forwarded me the letter the Home Office sent her. The usual drivel unfortunately, ie my case is under active consideration but they are not able to tell me how long it will take to consider.

Very frustrating.

Good luck CLS! I hope it's some very good news you can share with us soon!

CLS
Newly Registered

Post by CLS » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Croydon wrote:Hi CLS,

Hi Croydon,

Returned supporting docs inc. bank statements, all academic certificates, pay slips, employer letter and land registry certificate. Hope this helps.

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:29 pm

CLS wrote:

Hi Croydon,

Returned supporting docs inc. bank statements, all academic certificates, pay slips, employer letter and land registry certificate. Hope this helps.
Hi CLS,

Thanks for the information.

Did you require these to be returned seperatedly? I can not understnad why they don't send everyting back together.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Croydon wrote:
CLS wrote:

Hi Croydon,

Hi CLS,

Thanks for the information.

Did you require these to be returned seperatedly? I can not understnad why they don't send everyting back together.
puzzles me too...

perhaps they keep the supporting docs in another location whilst the caseworker decides somewhere else????

foxy

Post by foxy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:01 am

CLS wrote:
I'm confused? All this is not required for a 10 year ILR application. Did you have missing passports and so had to prove your legal stay by other means?

Perhaps these documents were not actually required which is why they have been returned to you ahead of the decision.

hangermajor
Newly Registered

Post by hangermajor » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:26 am

I think this is a good news ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cls ,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks for ur update and this shows that they have started to work on long residence cases ,,,,,,, I pray for all of us to get a positive result ,,,,,,,,, guys I appreciate all u for ur comments and support for each others and soon we will reach our destination ...........

Please update if anyone else has heard anything >>>>>>>>cheers

aman5

Post by aman5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:09 am

Me too (a bit confused)....All these certificates may not be necessarily required with a standard/straightforward 10 year ILR application esp.

1. All Academic certificates: A lot of my friends who have applied for 10 year ILR have either not sent any or only sent Academic certificate of the last College they had (or are still) attending and not all (10 year) academic certificates with their ILR application(s)....

2. Pay slips - Isn't there a slight chance that sending pay slips of all jobs done in the past perhaps even make HO start making enquiries whether a person may have exceeded 20 hours work limit in any given week in the last 10 years (if the person applying has spent all 10 years on a student visa)?

3. Land Registry Certificate: Again, not heard of many applicants sending this certificate along with their 10 year ILR application.

On the other hand, I suppose, no harm really erring on the side of caution and sending additional info. in support of one's application (esp. in certain cases which may require sending additional info. in support of their application)....

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:34 pm

It was also suggested to me to supply all the below documentation. The solicitor I used said the more documentation to support the information in my application the better.

Academic records as proof of qualifications and skills you can bring to the UK. Also as proof that I did study and gained the appropriate application.

Land registry cert as proof of home ownership, along with mortgage statements. Owning a home is an added bonus for a ILR application as it proves commitment, but not a necessity (not all of us can afford to own our homes). Admittedly this did take me by surprise when I was asked for this as I had 10 years worth of mortgage statements as proof but if it is going to add credence to your application.

Payslips were on the UKBA "supporting documents" list. Especially if you worked your entire stay and weren't a "10 year student". I also used them as proof of my residency. If you are wary of providing these 'coz you broke the 20 hour rule as a student then shame on you :) I was also asked to provide a letter from my employer(s) but didn't because of the hassle of obtaining anything from HR.

Bank statements - once again on the UKBA document list. Recent 3 months worth. It was suggest that I proved statements for my entire stay but that would have been impossible. Imagine going into your bank and asking for 10 years worth of statements!!

I'm glad I took the solicitor's advice and provided beyond what was asked for because the reasons for rejects, I have recently read, my immediate thoughts have been "I've could be rejected for that!!! But thank God I've included xxxx".

But I wouldn't worry if you haven't provided extra documentation. I think it was Foxy that pointed out that "rejects" heard almost immediately and that maybe the long wait is a positive as you've past the initial stage. I personally subscribe to that theory.

Congrats Croydon on finally getting your ILR. Hopefully this will bring hope to the others that have been waiting a long time.

I'm back to hiding again. Just killing time on a Sunday afternoon and thought I would check up on how you guys were getting on :)

aman5 wrote:
Me too (a bit confused)....All these certificates may not be necessarily required with a standard/straightforward 10 year ILR application esp.

1. All Academic certificates: A lot of my friends who have applied for 10 year ILR have either not sent any or only sent Academic certificate of the last College they had (or are still) attending and not all (10 year) academic certificates with their ILR application(s)....

2. Pay slips - Isn't there a slight chance that sending pay slips of all jobs done in the past perhaps even make HO start making enquiries whether a person may have exceeded 20 hours work limit in any given week in the last 10 years (if the person applying has spent all 10 years on a student visa)?

3. Land Registry Certificate: Again, not heard of many applicants sending this certificate along with their 10 year ILR application.

On the other hand, I suppose, no harm really erring on the side of caution and sending additional info. in support of one's application (esp. in certain cases which may require sending additional info. in support of their application)....

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Question - Have all of you applied under the basis of being a "10 year student"? The responses in this thread have been more towards this than anyone working here full time on a long term basis.

Just interested :roll:

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi kiwigirl25,

It is CLS that will receive the desicion soon.

My application is still under ative review.

My applicatgion is Student(5) + IGS(1) + WorkPermit(4)

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Whoops, sorry I quickly scanned back through the posts and picked up on the wrong user name :shock: Congrats to CLS then to getting this far.

By the way, UKBA may have a document scanning system hence the reason they are able to return some documentation.

aman5

Post by aman5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Academic records as proof of qualifications and skills you can bring to the UK. Also as proof that I did study and gained the appropriate application.
Hopefully HO should already have record of a person's past academic progress in their files ....as HO must have extended a person's student visa in the past only after looking at a person's academic progress.... 10 year ILR application is on the basis on legal, continuous stay so if someone is applying after 10 years of legal, continuous stay then....anyway, leave it....
Imagine going into your bank and asking for 10 years worth of statements!!
Although a better way perhaps would have been to keep a record of all the statements sent to you by the bank as most Banks send statements of one's account also by post every 3 months. If you did not keep a proper record of past few years bank statements then.... :D
If you are wary of providing these 'coz you broke the 20 hour rule
No question of being (or not) wary but was merely pointing to such a possibility....

And, generally speaking, in an utopian world all students studying in UK would have studied in registered Colleges throughout their 10 year stay in UK, attended classes regularly with perfect attendance records, never worked for more than 20 hours in any week in the last 10 years etc....but then not all students can be perfect 'model' student(s) like a few.... :roll: