ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention Of Right of residence Holder can I apply for benef

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

michelinha

Retention Of Right of residence Holder can I apply for benef

Post by michelinha » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:54 am

I was granted my Rention of Right of Residence until 2014. My son wasnt incluided and he is only got a turist visa until 4/2010. Can I claim benefits WTC - CTC for my son? Im self employed and "single" mum? And if they granted me would that make no dificult to get my PR? please please, anyone.

vegeta_2009

Re: Retention Of Right of residence Holder can I apply for b

Post by vegeta_2009 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:27 pm

michelinha wrote:I was granted my Rention of Right of Residence until 2014. My son wasnt incluided and he is only got a turist visa until 4/2010. Can I claim benefits WTC - CTC for my son? Im self employed and "single" mum? And if they granted me would that make no dificult to get my PR? please please, anyone.
technically your son should be able to become dependant on you, but i think he has to apply from outside the country. Retaining your rights means that you'll be enjoying the same rights as an EEA national, so i assume that covers benefits. not sure if you are able to do that if your son is just a tourist.

one last thing, how did you apply for your retention of rights, was it through a solicitor or by yourself? did they actually issue you a new residency card?

michelinha

Post by michelinha » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:32 am

Hi Vegeta_2009

thanks you replay.

I ve had a solicitor at the time, after 10 months I was granted another 5 years.

I wasnt sure about because its exactely the same stamp as RC. But when

I went the immigration at the airport they confirm that was Retention of right of residence.

My was issued until 2014.