ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help applying in 12 days for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cheers2boss

Need help applying in 12 days for ILR

Post by cheers2boss » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi Friends,

Could you pls guide me, im applying for ILR on 30Mar and need advice from you? Completed 5.4 yrs (3.11 yrs WP + 1.5yrs Tier1)

1) I have received council tax benefit (10% discount) for 2 years in 2005 and 2006. Do I have to mention this in ILR application, as the application only says "are you receiving any public funds?" I am assuming this is currently. Will it harm if I mention or not? Currently I am not receiving any discount.

2) I have changed 2 companies (A and B). Company A provided me initial WP and then WP was transferred to company B and while working for company B I switched to Tier1 but still working for company B. Currently I am on Tier1 so do I need to provide employer letter, is it required?

3) Is the authorisation letter from my wife required for applying ILR for her? I know I would be going alone for applying ILR for me/wife/daughter at PEO croydon so it this letter required?

diago_nelson

Re: Need help applying in 12 days for ILR

Post by diago_nelson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 pm

1. If you are referring to single person Council tax discount, you dont have to mention it in the appln form.
Its a discount and not categorised as a benefit.

2. Not required. But good to have as your not self-employed but working for a employer.

3. Important is that your wife should be in UK when you are applying. (which would be the case most of the times). My opinion is get the letter signed from your wife and take it with you. I don't think you would want to take a chance with 1000+ pounds for a simple letter.
I have replied with contents of the letter in my other post.
cheers2boss wrote:Hi Friends,

Could you pls guide me, im applying for ILR on 30Mar and need advice from you? Completed 5.4 yrs (3.11 yrs WP + 1.5yrs Tier1)

1) I have received council tax benefit (10% discount) for 2 years in 2005 and 2006. Do I have to mention this in ILR application, as the application only says "are you receiving any public funds?" I am assuming this is currently. Will it harm if I mention or not? Currently I am not receiving any discount.

2) I have changed 2 companies (A and B). Company A provided me initial WP and then WP was transferred to company B and while working for company B I switched to Tier1 but still working for company B. Currently I am on Tier1 so do I need to provide employer letter, is it required?

3) Is the authorisation letter from my wife required for applying ILR for her? I know I would be going alone for applying ILR for me/wife/daughter at PEO croydon so it this letter required?

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:00 am

Thanks Diago for answering the queries, regarding council tax benefit I am referring to "Second homes qualify for a 10% discount, unless the liable person has to live in job-related accommodation as part of their job", is this treated as council tax benefit?

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:25 am

I dont think it is a council tax benefit and hence should not be considered as public funds.
Other opinions are welcome...
cheers2boss wrote:Thanks Diago for answering the queries, regarding council tax benefit I am referring to "Second homes qualify for a 10% discount, unless the liable person has to live in job-related accommodation as part of their job", is this treated as council tax benefit?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 am

diago_nelson wrote:I dont think it is a council tax benefit and hence should not be considered as public funds.
Other opinions are welcome...
cheers2boss wrote:Thanks Diago for answering the queries, regarding council tax benefit I am referring to "Second homes qualify for a 10% discount, unless the liable person has to live in job-related accommodation as part of their job", is this treated as council tax benefit?

Diago is correct.......

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:43 am

thanks diago/kiranchinnu for clarification.
Is there any link/document which confirms this, its just I want to make it sure so I can go to bed peacefully....

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:33 am

Check Public Funds
cheers2boss wrote:thanks diago/kiranchinnu for clarification.
Is there any link/document which confirms this, its just I want to make it sure so I can go to bed peacefully....