ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaS » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
AnnaS wrote:Hello!

I posted here last year under a different username. Well its been 6 months for us, (EE2 application posted 10th September 2009, COA received September 15th) Called them today and all we got was 'still under consideration'. Why can't they say something more useful?

Neither me nor my partner have seen our families for over a year. I can't seek employment until this is resolved and all our travelling plans are at a standstill.

So I'm definitely going to start sending out letters to mp and complaints services. If anyone had any successes with this or can recommend a contact please let me know;)

Its just ridiculous to hear that some people have waited for 2 years. I'm from Russia and even with their bureaucracy things don't take this long.

Its good to be back with fellow internationals. Lets hope for the best;)
Hi AnnaS,

What is your spouses's nationality? Is he British?

Try to contact with the SOLVIT. I have read some successes stories on internet...

http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/site/submission/index_en.htm

My partner is Finnish. We applied under the unmarried partner section as we have been in a steady relationship and living together for four years now. I expected it to take longer because we are not married but this is too long, considering we've supplied all the evidence required. Thank you for your advice. I will look into contacting Solvit, hopefully something will help.

wet26

Post by wet26 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:25 pm

AnnaS: Read your Certificate of Application. The first paragraph holds the answer...

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaS » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:39 pm

wet26 wrote:AnnaS: Read your Certificate of Application. The first paragraph holds the answer...
In that case I must conclude that they don't give me right to work because all it says is "thank you for your application and we advise you not to make any urgent travel plans until the applications is decided". Then some usual stuff about not calling them without need. That's it. Thank you for your interest though!

doesnotcompute

Re: Our local MP replied...

Post by doesnotcompute » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:46 pm

P&T wrote:Hey Doesntcompute- any word from Phil Woolas??
Zilch, zip, nada...

I guess I'll get in touch with my local MP as well, just to keep the pressure on.

wet26

Post by wet26 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:50 pm

AnnaS wrote:
wet26 wrote:AnnaS: Read your Certificate of Application. The first paragraph holds the answer...
In that case I must conclude that they don't give me right to work because all it says is "thank you for your application and we advise you not to make any urgent travel plans until the applications is decided". Then some usual stuff about not calling them without need. That's it. Thank you for your interest though!
My Certificate of Application clearly states at the end of the first paragraph:

"... you are free to live and work in the United Kingdom.".

Perhaps your Certificate of Application has the same/similar wording as above in a different paragraph?

I would suggest contacting the Home Office to resolve the issue with them, as if you are a family member of an EEA National you have the right to work whilst your application is being decided, and your Certificate of Application is the evidence that helps you to demonstrate that fact to an employer.

ld10

Post by ld10 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:02 pm

wet26 wrote:
AnnaS wrote:
My Certificate of Application clearly states at the end of the first paragraph:

"... you are free to live and work in the United Kingdom.".

Perhaps your Certificate of Application has the same/similar wording as above in a different paragraph?

I would suggest contacting the Home Office to resolve the issue with them, as if you are a family member of an EEA National you have the right to work whilst your application is being decided, and your Certificate of Application is the evidence that helps you to demonstrate that fact to an employer.
They are unmarried partners,thats the diference in that certificate i think.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Just sent an email to our local MP, let's see how we get on!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Did anyone send any additional documents after applying for the EEA2?

I am planning to send some additional documents this week, such as my new job contract, pay slip.

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Applied for EEA2 on 1/03/2010
Receive my COA 19/03/2010 dated 16/03/2010
My COA has a case ID number and states my right to work and reside in the UK.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:36 pm

adolma999 wrote:Applied for EEA2 on 1/03/2010

Hi Adolma,
Are you married to an EEA national or you are an extended family member of an EEA national?

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:00 pm

jajanana wrote:
adolma999 wrote:Applied for EEA2 on 1/03/2010

Hi Adolma,
Are you married to an EEA national or you are an extended family member of an EEA national?
I am married to EEA national.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:08 pm

adolma999 wrote:My COA has a case ID number and states my right to work and reside in the UK.
welcome to the forum adolma999.

Is the number, on your COA, says : "our Ref:...." or it says case ID number?

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:56 am

Forza_RC wrote:
adolma999 wrote:My COA has a case ID number and states my right to work and reside in the UK.

Hi Forza :)
Where it says our Reference : its blank
where its says Case ID : there is a number, its 9 digits starts with 012
where it says Your reference: its blank
How about yours? am not sure about allocating to case worker, maybe they serve on first comes first served basis am not sure

P&T

Post by P&T » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:08 am

Hi Adolma! Forza good question regarding the Case Id number and or Our Ref on the COA details etc...Looks like the letters have different reference details on them :? mm...
My COA just has the date and the Our Ref no on it!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:12 am

Good morning & have an excellent week to everyone!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:14 am

adolma999 wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:

Hi Forza :)
Where it says our Reference : its blank
where its says Case ID : there is a number, its 9 digits starts with 012
where it says Your reference: its blank
How about yours? am not sure about allocating to case worker, maybe they serve on first comes first served basis am not sure
I applied on 5th of January 2010 and received the COA on 19th of January. On my COA, there is no Case ID number. There is only "our Ref:..."

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:20 am

P&T wrote:Hi Adolma! Forza good question regarding the Case Id number and or Our Ref on the COA details etc...Looks like the letters have different reference details on them :? mm...
Hi P&T,

Very strange :) Maybe it depends on the nationalities of non-EEA family members but I am not sure! Just a guess...

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:35 am

Forza_RC wrote:
P&T wrote:Hi Adolma! Forza good question regarding the Case Id number and or Our Ref on the COA details etc...Looks like the letters have different reference details on them :? mm...
Hi P&T,

Very strange :) Maybe it depends on the nationalities of non-EEA family members but I am not sure! Just a guess...
Am not sure, thats the second time I applied as the first time I was missing medical insurance. Maybe thats related?
How many digits is the reference number and what does it start with?
I wouldnt rely much on that to conclude that they allocated the application to case worker, maybe its a typing error

P&T

Post by P&T » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:37 am

Yeah Forza maybe you are right I thought along the same lines mm... :? Well lets hope for good news this week from one or some of us so fingers super crossed

P&T

Post by P&T » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:40 am

adolma999 wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
Hi P&T,

Am not sure, thats the second time I applied as the first time I was missing medical insurance. Maybe thats related?
How many digits is the reference number and what does it start with?
I wouldnt rely much on that to conclude that they allocated the application to case worker, maybe its a typing error

Thanks Adolma. I see so yours is a second application maybe that explains the difference in the ref no details...The Our ref starts with a letter followed by seven digits.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:52 am

P&T wrote: The Our ref starts with a letter followed by seven digits.
Yes, mine is the same.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:11 am

Forza_RC wrote:
Yes, mine is the same.
If it start with a letter (A-Z), that's your HO unique reference number, your case id will start with figure.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks jajanana.

I will call the HO this week and hope my application has FINALLY been allocated to a case work team.

It is very annoying that we are not able to make any travel/holiday plans...

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 am

jajanana wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
Yes, mine is the same.
If it start with a letter (A-Z), that's your HO unique reference number, your case id will start with figure.
Do you think that cade ID number means that it has been allocated to caseworker?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 am

adolma999 wrote:
jajanana wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
Yes, mine is the same.
Do you think that cade ID number means that it has been allocated to caseworker?
Probably yes, as this is your second application.