ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

677ano

Post by 677ano » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:01 pm

having a case ID does not mean it has been allocated to a case worker.

My application was 7 December 2009
I have case ID and i called today it is still not allocated to a case worker i have written to my local MP about it and here is his response

Thank you for your e-mail below regarding your concern that your application for residence documentation is still being processed by the UK Border Agency.

I appreciate how frustrating it must be to still be waiting for this as you are unable to source any income which is forcing you into hardship.

As you may appreciate the UK Border Agency has to process a great volume of these applications, hence the delays. However, I have written to Lin Homer, Chief Executive of the UK Border Agency and asked her to consider expediting your application as soon possible after taking into account your difficult circumstances.

I will be in touch as soon as I receive a response. If you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes
Last edited by 677ano on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
we can all change our stars

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 pm

677ano wrote:having a case ID does not mean it has been allocated to a case worker.

I have case ID and i called today it is still not allocated to a case worker
Hi 677ano,

Thanks for the info.

Is this your second application as well? Are you married to or unmarried partner of an EEA citizen?

677ano

Post by 677ano » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
677ano wrote:having a case ID does not mean it has been allocated to a case worker.

I have case ID and i called today it is still not allocated to a case worker
Hi 677ano,

Thanks for the info.

Is this your second application as well? Are you married to or unmarried partner of an EEA citizen?
this is our first the HO delay is affecting my offshore projects as I am unable to travel my work is paid based on construction valuation and progress. Requesting our passport back is not an option for us as we have been told by HO it will delay our application and I will need to be away to attend to my projects and clients overseas for 12 weeks.

677ano

Post by 677ano » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:36 pm

we are unable to get a passport for our daughter who was born 31 January 2010 due to our application in the HO. my wife and daughter will be travelling with me

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
adolma999 wrote:
jajanana wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
Yes, mine is the same.
If it start with a letter (A-Z), that's your HO unique reference number, your case id will start with figure.
Do you think that cade ID number means that it has been allocated to caseworker?
Probably yes, as this is your second application.

Case id doesn't mean that your application has been allocated to a caseworker, it mean that your application has been log into the HO system and they have open a hard copy file and it's with the right team and not yet with a caseworker.
I applied in January and I called sometime last two weeks and the guy I spoke with asked me to call back in July but I called this morning and the lady (name: Hazel) told me that it's still awaiting to be allocated to a caseworker.
When you call the HO, always ask of the name of the person you are speaking with and get the date and discussion down on your system for furure reference.
Fingers cross.

677ano

Post by 677ano » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 pm

jajanana wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
adolma999 wrote:
jajanana wrote:
If it start with a letter (A-Z), that's your HO unique reference number, your case id will start with figure.
Do you think that cade ID number means that it has been allocated to caseworker?
Probably yes, as this is your second application.

Case id doesn't mean that your application has been allocated to a caseworker, it mean that your application has been log into the HO system and they have open a hard copy file and it's with the right team and not yet with a caseworker.
I applied in January and I called sometime last two weeks and the guy I spoke with asked me to call back in July but I called this morning and the lady (name: Hazel) told me that it's still awaiting to be allocated to a caseworker.
When you call the HO, always ask of the name of the person you are speaking with and get the date and discussion down on your system for furure reference.
Fingers cross.
this is a good idea to get the name of the person, discussion , date and time as this was part of my letter to my MP

P&T

Post by P&T » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Well I just called the HO and spoke to a lady who says that our application has been allocated to a case team but it has not been given a case ID yet :roll: . She advised that we should call by the end of April to get an update and we should have some news by then...

Meanwhile we'll wait to hear what the MP liason team down in Croydon have to say regarding our chase up letter from our local MP.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:52 pm

P&T wrote:Well I just called the HO and spoke to a lady who says that our application has been allocated to a case team but it has not been given a case ID yet :roll: . She advised that we should call by the end of April to get an update and we should have some news by then...

Meanwhile we'll wait to hear what the MP liason team down in Croydon have to say regarding our chase up letter from our local MP.
Good news P&T!

maybe the MP's letter did help to allocate to a case work team?! :)

P&T

Post by P&T » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
P&T wrote:Well I just called the HO and spoke to a lady who says that our application has been allocated to a case team but it has not been given a case ID yet :roll: . She advised that we should call by the end of April to get an update and we should have some news by then...

Good news P&T!

maybe the MP's letter did help to allocate to a case work team?! :)
Well that may be the case but who knows so lets hope for the best :)

karmen2
Newly Registered

Post by karmen2 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:17 pm

I have bn following this board for a while and thank all the contributors.... i made application in december 2009, recieved my CoA in january dated 24th december.

My partner is Italian and so are my two children...MY CoA does not state that I can work. We are not receiving any form of benefit and my patner who is self employed is facing a terrible time in his business. I need to get a job to support my family. my kids are both under three and getting by daily is now a nightmare. i am even contemplating ending it all.

i have tried contacting the home office but the calls are never answered. please does anyone have any advice on who i can contact?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:05 pm

karmen2 wrote:I have bn following this board for a while and thank all the contributors.... i made application in december 2009, recieved my CoA in january dated 24th december.

My partner is Italian and so are my two children...MY CoA does not state that I can work. We are not receiving any form of benefit and my patner who is self employed is facing a terrible time in his business. I need to get a job to support my family. my kids are both under three and getting by daily is now a nightmare. i am even contemplating ending it all.

i have tried contacting the home office but the calls are never answered. please does anyone have any advice on who i can contact?
Hi karmen2,

Thanks for your post and sharing your situation with us. I presume you are an unmarried partner? The EEA2 apllication does not give any right to work in the UK for unmarried EEA2 applicants during the processing time...You can either contact with your local MP or keep calling the HO line. There is not much to do, to be honest!

You can find your local MP's contact details on: http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaS » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Hello and all the best for the new week

As far as reference numbers go it is a mystery. My COA had no number on it of any kind. Only when I called five months after application did they give me a reference number and said the application was 'under consideration.

I have resigned myself to the no work for unmarried partner thing though it makes no sense to me. Is it really better to have a person stuck in your country doing nothing than working, paying taxes and contributing to the economy? Frankly, we just want them to make a decision so we can actually make some plans for our life.

It seems that a couple of people here had luck contacting their mp so I will try that next. Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Last edited by AnnaS on Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kafi

Post by kafi » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:04 pm

hello every1,

I have also called to homeoffice to change my address & wanted to know ...it's allocated to a case worker or not. The person I have spoke to is stephen. he told me the case wroker is looking into my case from 18 march and it may takes up to 6 months. he also advised me not to inquiry anymore with in 6 motnhs time & there is long delay on eea application & if something happen they will sent letter to new address..

P&T

Post by P&T » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:47 pm

kafi wrote:

hello every1,

I have also called to homeoffice to change my address & wanted to know ...it's allocated to a case worker or not. The person I have spoke to is stephen. he told me the case wroker is looking into my case from 18 march and it may takes up to 6 months. he also advised me not to inquiry anymore with in 6 motnhs time & there is long delay on eea application & if something happen they will sent letter to new address..
Hi Kafi!

I think thats the same guy my husband and I first got in touch with when we first called the HO he was quite abrasive and discouraged us not to call about our application until the 6 months are up. Please note that the HO people are trained to say that to you. You have every right to call and ask about your application so dont let that call to Stephen stop you from getting the vital info you need to get your change of address etc sorted.

If you are not happy with the HO not sorting this out for you get your local MP on the case for you.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:23 am

Morning everyone :)

Any more updates? I have yet to receive a reply from Phil Woolas MP, or from the email I sent to my local MP on Saturday. :roll:

Going demented here trying to figure out travel plans in May and June. Unable to book flights/hotel, etc until we know for sure if my wife can accompany me.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:14 am

Good morning everyone!

Hope to hear good news today!

kafi

Post by kafi » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:55 am

hello,

can any1 tell me how long more it may takes when the application is with a case worker team.

my application is more than a week with a case worker team & i applied on 21/01/2010

many thanks

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:21 pm

I applied on the 5th of January and called the HO this morning. It has not been allocated to a CASE WORK TEAM yet. It is just collecting dust in the queue!

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:15 pm

@kafi: it seems to be completely random! I applied the day after Forza_RC, and my applicaiton is also collecting dust in a queue!!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:25 pm

I am not sure whether contacting with the local MP helps to speed up the process...

AnnaS
Newly Registered

Post by AnnaS » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:30 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:@kafi: it seems to be completely random! I applied the day after Forza_RC, and my applicaiton is also collecting dust in a queue!!
It might very well be random. Wonder if envelope thickness makes a difference though. Like they go for thinnest first cause there is less to go through and they still meet their targets? Am trying now to find out when ours was allocated to a case worker.

P&T

Post by P&T » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Its worth a try contacting your local MP (we've done it twice now and he replied each time and he even attached the letter he sent to the UKBA MP liason department in Croydon about our case). But with that said I honestly believe the HO process the applications randomly.

We applied on the 11th of January, COA dated 18th January, called yesterday and its recently been assigned to a case work team.

kafi

Post by kafi » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:18 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:@kafi: it seems to be completely random! I applied the day after Forza_RC, and my applicaiton is also collecting dust in a queue!!
hello,

Accutually we applied for EEA1 & EEA2 together , thats y may be it is quickly allocated to a eea1 case worker ( I think) Because it is easy for the case worker to evalute the application easily .

Anyway my wife supposed to get her EEA1 result by this time & but still she didnt.

So I really dont understand how they work out the application. they really dont bother our applications. they just killing our time.

kindman
Newly Registered

Post by kindman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 pm

thanx u all for your helpful comments

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:10 pm

The person who I spoke to this morning (from the HO) was incredible grumpy. Some of them are really helpful and answer nicely but some of them are quite annoying!

This is their job, I mean you can feel that they get annoyed with the questions :?