ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How early can we book an appointment in a PEO for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kmrk123
Newly Registered

How early can we book an appointment in a PEO for ILR?

Post by kmrk123 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi,

I have entered UK on 2nd Apr 2005 and from them on I was in WP for 4 yrs and Tier-1 for the last 1 yr. I am completing my 5yrs on 1st Apr 2010.

Today I managed to book an appointment for 26th Mar 2010 in PEO Croydon (7 days before completing 5 years). While booking I explained my case to the person on phone and he told that I can book 28 days in advance.

But few of my friends feel otherwise. They feel that this 28 days rule is applicable only for postal applications and not for the personal appointment ones.

Can somebody clarify this as my appointment is this Friday? Thanks in anticipation!

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:45 pm

You got the correct advise from UKBA, 28 day rule applies for ' in person' appointments as well.
Best Regards

kmrk123
Newly Registered

Post by kmrk123 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:48 pm

Many thanks for the quick response gidoc!!!

That makes me feel more comfortable. Hope everything goes well on Friday.